West Coast v Hawthorn/Melbourne (Optus Stadium Help)

Remove this Banner Ad

brentcostelloe

Draftee
Sep 11, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi there,

Is someone able to provide some information on ticketing for the Prelim Final?

I came to Optus Stadium from Tassie earlier this year and would like to do so again for the big clash on Saturday week.

Last time I got a ticket through AFL Travel - I assume the game is likely to be a sell out...

My question is - was last weekend's game against Collingwood officially a sell out?

What are my chances of getting a single seat once GA goes on sale? I'm a Full AFL member but I don't think that will help me at Optus?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will be able to buy a ticket on the Monday morning through the West Coast member sale

9am-1pm Monday September 17th Ticketmaster

From the afl site

INTERSTATE FINALS

For all interstate matches, AFL Members with Club Support of the competing teams can purchase their reserved seats during the Club Member on-sale.

https://membership.afl.com.au/week-3-preliminary-finals-0

Thanks for the reply! I'm a competition member not club support so it's a little different for me I think..

I read an article saying 6,000 went on sale to the public last week but they went fairly quickly. If you get in at sale time you should get one.
Alternatively borrow a barcode from someone not going if you know anyone.

Jump on viagogo 2 mins after tickets go on sale and you will be able to pick up a ticket for around 2-3x face value. I assume if you are flying over from Tassie you are not short of a dollar. Just pay overs to secure the seat.

Jump on viagogo 2 mins after tickets go on sale and you will be able to pick up a ticket for around 2-3x face value. I assume if you are flying over from Tassie you are not short of a dollar. Just pay overs to secure the seat.

Do not use Viagogo. It's a scam.

Make sure you pack the sunscreen, novelty oversized sombrero and stay hydrated - Sam McLure is predicting a traditional September scorcher with the prospect of vomiting players.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-to-host-afternoon-prelim-20180911-p5030j.html

You can’t make this s**t up...
Once again the slightest sense that collingwood could be in any way disadvantaged has fat eddie giving birth to a large litter of kittens...

Try playing an mcg tenant on the mcg come grand final day. Oops cant talk about that - its whinging.

Make sure you pack the sunscreen, novelty oversized sombrero and stay hydrated - Sam McLure is predicting a traditional September scorcher with the prospect of vomiting players.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-to-host-afternoon-prelim-20180911-p5030j.html

"In an elimination final in 2012 between the same teams, in a 3.15pm fixture, the game was played in 29-degree heat and the Eagles belted North Melbourne by 96 points.

The Kangaroos players struggled, with Jamie McMillan vomiting on the flight home due to heat stroke."

Lol I find it hard to believe any of the norf witches hats broke a sweat that day..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. It's funny that some interstaters think Perth is like Phoenix or Dubai or something. Yes, it gets hot here, but on average, our summer highs are in the low 30s. I think the heatwave conditions just get more headlines. Melbourne gets scorchers too. September is obviously warmer than in Melbourne, but anyone who thinks there's a 'high' chance of 'scorching' conditions in Perth in September obviously hasn't lived there/knows much about the climate.

Lol. It's funny that some interstaters think Perth is like Phoenix or Dubai or something. Yes, it gets hot here, but on average, our summer highs are in the low 30s. I think the heatwave conditions just get more headlines. Melbourne gets scorchers too. September is obviously warmer than in Melbourne, but anyone who thinks there's a 'high' chance of 'scorching' conditions in Perth in September obviously hasn't lived there/knows much about the climate.
I played an amateur GF last year from 12:30-2:30. Can confirm it was HOT and definitely impacted the game (yes I understand the 44 guys running around weren't AFL fit). It's not so much that low 30s is hot - it's more that low 30s is hot when you are conditioned to playing in 18-23 degrees all season with cloud cover.

I played an amateur GF last year from 12:30-2:30. Can confirm it was HOT and definitely impacted the game (yes I understand the 44 guys running around weren't AFL fit). It's not so much that low 30s is hot - it's more that low 30s is hot when you are conditioned to playing in 18-23 degrees all season with cloud cover.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/cw_009225_All.shtml

Average September max in Perth is only 20.3. An average of 0.3 days above 30C. Which makes it a 1 in a 100 chance, or every 3 years on average. Perth is a warm city but it ain't Marble Bar or Darwin.

You don't need to convert 0.3 to two different ratios for me to gain a statistical understanding.

Can't be bothered replying to strawman arguments so I'll leave it at that.

Strawman? The article was about playing a prelim during the day in September in Perth, which I'm addressing.

Hi there,

Is someone able to provide some information on ticketing for the Prelim Final?

I came to Optus Stadium from Tassie earlier this year and would like to do so again for the big clash on Saturday week.

Last time I got a ticket through AFL Travel - I assume the game is likely to be a sell out...

My question is - was last weekend's game against Collingwood officially a sell out?

What are my chances of getting a single seat once GA goes on sale? I'm a Full AFL member but I don't think that will help me at Optus?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why don’t you just buy through afl travel again? You can literally buy a ticket right now.

Because of course it only gets hot in Perth in September. This man's lack of knowledge and research leaves me gobsmacked.

"The 2015 Grand final between Hawthorn and West Coast was played on a very hot day, with the temperature reaching 31.3 degrees Celsius at 3:28 pm"

Perth maximum temperatures on 22nd September
2017 - 19.4
2016 - 18
2015 - 20
2014 - 18
2013 - 18

And looking at a number of different online weather sites the forecast for the day of the game is for a temperature somewhere between 18 and 22 degrees. I'm just not sure how any player will cope with such extreme heat.

The man is a fool and obviously can't be ****ed spending time looking back at old records or checking the long range forecast because it just doesn't suit the narrative that everything over here is designed to conspire against the ambitions of these poor Victorian teams... the booing crowds, the umpiring and now the weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back