Game Day Western Bulldogs vs Sydney. Round 22, 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest concern with Roughead is that he's often slow to react. He's not slow and his positioning isn't that bad but his opponent constantly reads the flight of the ball before he does.
Positioning and reaction time often complement each other as a defender. If your positioning is good it gives you more time to react. He needs to do his homework a lot more on his opponents and be a bit more versatile and less predictable with his defensive work. He's not as slow as he looks but his positioning isn't doing him any favors at all.

I don't agree with that statement at all.

He's tried hard but he's been comprehensively beaten by an opponent that is just far too big for him. I really can't see how our development has been aided today by playing Morris on Buddy.

He's tried hard but he's been comprehensively beaten by an opponent that is just far too big for him. I really can't see how our development has been aided today by playing Morris on Buddy.

Morris was on a hiding to nothing and he's fought very well from the 1st quarter onwards. You're right, probably beaten but it was always against the odds and he's one of the few that can hold his head high after the game.

I have no clue what's happened to our disposal over the last fortnight. It's never been our strongest point, obviously, but I don't remember the last time we missed this many easy targets. Certainly hasn't been this poor for much of the year.

I have no clue what's happened to our disposal over the last fortnight. It's never been our strongest point, obviously, but I don't remember the last time we missed this many easy targets. Certainly hasn't been this poor for much of the year.
This late in the year, I'd hope it's just weary legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who would you have played on Buddy who would have been "developed" but shredded in the process?

So who would you have played on Buddy who would have been "developed" but shredded in the process?

You're right it's hard to see anyone on our list capable or even looking like developing into an A grade defender. Roughead was pants by their second best forward today. But we need to be laying Roberts and Talia surely?

Junk time session now, altho hasnt done much today, happy seeing a bit of the daring Griffen again, just not really givin a s*** and giving a bit back to Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back