Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2020 - Hannan, Martin, Treloar, Ugle-Hagan, Bedendo

AFL Club Focus

What should the Western Bulldogs prioritise this off-season?

• Getting more draft points to match a bid for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Getting an early pick before a bid comes for JUH

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Managing the salary cap

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs club focus thread
If Adelaide bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan with pick 1 (if we get pick 1 and its a good chance Adelaide would bid on him) and the Bulldogs match, what does it cost them pick wise?

Pick 1 is worth 3000 pts, minus the 20% discount, leaves WBs with a need to fulfill 2400 pts.
They currently have pick 9 which is worth 1469 pts, pick 38 which is worth 465 pts, pick 46 which is worth 331 pts.
So total value of those three picks is worth 2265 pts.
So they lose all picks and still negative 135.
Does That go off their first rounder next year? Or Do they lose their next pick which has no point value?

They trade out pick 9 1469 for later picks worth 1700.

Looking at their list I can see some players being moved on, Schade being one, maby a late 3rd.

Hunter though I can see getter much more.

Not totally across any other fringe dogs.

They trade out pick 9 1469 for later picks worth 1700.

Looking at their list I can see some players being moved on, Schade being one, maby a late 3rd.

Hunter though I can see getter much more.

Not totally across any other fringe dogs.
Hunter would never be moved on unless he or the club is unhappy. He's our only genuine winger and a father/son to boot.

If Adelaide bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan with pick 1 (if we get pick 1 and its a good chance Adelaide would bid on him) and the Bulldogs match, what does it cost them pick wise?

Pick 1 is worth 3000 pts, minus the 20% discount, leaves WBs with a need to fulfill 2400 pts.
They currently have pick 9 which is worth 1469 pts, pick 38 which is worth 465 pts, pick 46 which is worth 331 pts.
So total value of those three picks is worth 2265 pts.
So they lose all picks and still negative 135.
Does That go off their first rounder next year? Or Do they lose their next pick which has no point value?
Will Adelaide end up with Hollands or McDonald?

Hollands I think. Maybe Phillips if they have concern about his knee.
We have less holes in the forward line than the midfield now.
I'll be very, very surprised if Adelaide take Phillips with pick 1.

I think Crows will get 1, 19 and 20 (Crouch).

Pick 2 for Crouch would cause an absolute mutiny.
Crows won't trade Crouch for 20 - and if the offer only gets pick 20, they can easily match.

Crouch is last year's B&F winner - in a world where Zac Williams gets $850k (a less valuable player by any measure), Crouch will get $750k from someone. Certainly, if St Kilda, Geelong or even Richmond bomb out of the finals, they'll come a knocking.

Again - if Williams is band one and Daniher is band one, Crouch certainly will be.

Crows won't trade Crouch for 20 - and if the offer only gets pick 20, they can easily match.

Crouch is last year's B&F winner - in a world where Zac Williams gets $850k (a less valuable player by any measure), Crouch will get $750k from someone. Certainly, if St Kilda, Geelong or even Richmond bomb out of the finals, they'll come a knocking.

Again - if Williams is band one and Daniher is band one, Crouch certainly will be.
Doubt crouch will get a band 1 contract after his escapade this week.

Crows might as well try and keep him imo.

Doubt crouch will get a band 1 contract after his escapade this week.
Yeah, it's a real shame that he's the first AFL footballer to have tried recreational drugs. I'm sure that will feature very heavily on club's minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's a real shame that he's the first AFL footballer to have tried recreational drugs. I'm sure that will feature very heavily on club's minds.
If there’s a pattern of behavior, who can you say it won’t. How do they know he doesn’t have strikes. Doing drugs and getting caught are 2 different things.

One thing I’m curious about what JUH:

He plays for Oakleigh Chargers, right?

And Oakleigh is Collingwood’s NGA affiliate?

So why is he eligible for the Bulldogs and not Collingwood?

I thought the Bulldogs NGA zone was like Footscray and western Melbourne plus western Victoria (Ballarat, Warrnambool, Horsham, Nhill etc), and the affiliated NAB League teams were Western Jets and GWV Rebels

I thought the Bulldogs NGA zone was like Footscray and western Melbourne plus western Victoria (Ballarat, Warrnambool, Horsham, Nhill etc), and the affiliated NAB League teams were Western Jets and GWV Rebels
Someone also said he only became a dogs NGA like 18 months ago... surely can't be?

He was originally at the Rebels, but Bulldogs brought him to Melbourne, and his school is in Oakleigh’s region.

He still plays for Vic Country at rep level.

Someone also said he only became a dogs NGA like 18 months ago... surely can't be?
NGA’s are a joke. Considering Vic teams were matching bids on the first nga’s players, less than 6 months after the program was introduced by the AFL.

I genuinely doubt there’s a Vic based nga kid who wasn’t already playing footy, before he was signed up.

He's from Warrnambool, so Dogs NGA, Vic Country and originally GWV Rebels, but boarding at school in Melbourne, so plays for Oakleigh as his local NAB League team.

Because he’s from warnambool... technically he should be playing for GWV

If there’s a pattern of behavior, who can you say it won’t. How do they know he doesn’t have strikes. Doing drugs and getting caught are 2 different things.
If he has strikes he would have gotten game bans - that's automatic with strike two.

"One" is not a pattern.

If he has strikes he would have gotten game bans - that's automatic with strike two.

"One" is not a pattern.
It kinda is because if you get caught once you start to think how many times are they doing it and not getting caught, plus there are so many loopholes of getting out a strike. Makes clubs think twice if he’s the sort of person they want being a leader at their club.

It kinda is because if you get caught once you start to think how many times are they doing it and not getting caught, plus there are so many loopholes of getting out a strike. Makes clubs think twice if he’s the sort of person they want being a leader at their club.
I get what you're saying, however he's been in Adelaide for 8 years and this is his first indiscretion as far as I'm aware. Not even any rumours. His vices have always seemed to be golf, beer and a punt in no particular order

I get what you're saying, however he's been in Adelaide for 8 years and this is his first indiscretion as far as I'm aware. Not even any rumours. His vices have always seemed to be golf, beer and a punt in no particular order
Beer and punting, going to the races as a footballer they are prone to dabbling in the white stuff.

Back