What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread got me thinking about what was the first piece of music or song that got my attention when I was a sprog. What was I listening to then? Don't blame me. I was a kid. Reckon Millie was mint.

And was captivated by this a bit later.

It's a great song and Millie had a unique voice. Sadly, she never received any royalties from the song. That's Rod Stewart playing Harmonica.
This is the one I remember as the first song I ever heard on my brand new little transistor radio I got for Christmas. I spent months pestering my parents for it. I was 9.

and later this.

Last edited:
It's a great song and Millie had a unique voice. Sadly, she never received any royalties from the song. That's Rod Stewart playing Harmonica.
This is the one I remember as the first song I ever heard on my brand new little transistor radio I got for Christmas. I spent months pestering my parents for it. I was 9.

You made me laugh with Big Bad John. One of my uncles use to try to sing that (and Sink the Bismarck) when he was 4 sheets to the wind. Us kids loved it.

My last offering for our little nostalgia trip is this one. Clearly the jauntier songs were more to my taste way back then.
Interesting for having a female drummer and also for the very strange and notorious creature introducing the act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back