What can we expect from a re-elected Morrison government?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd expect:
1. The boats to be stopped.

Be nice if they stopped the planes, too, but that Dutto's dirty little secret isn't it?

2. Hysterical Screeching from the SJW Left.

"SJW" is a meaningless term so that is a meaningless point.

3. Hysterical Screeching from Labor.

Entirely subjective. I would just as easily suggest this government's desperate acts since rolling Turnbull have been the textbook definition of hysterical screeching.

4. A decent economy

They've had half a decade to work on that and it's very ordinary. What makes you think they're suddenly going to discover competence?

5. Tax Cuts

Yeah, well that's pretty much discredited by every impartial economist. Majority of voters want decent services and realise you have to pay for them. But if we all chip in, they don't cost so much. Problem arises when the entitled decide they don't want to, forcing the burden onto lower-income earners.

6. Budget Surplus.

Why? There's is nothing inherently good or bad about budget surpluses or deficits.

5. Tax Cuts
Tax cuts can be spun a couple of ways.

Currently almost all the tax is paid by the very top 30% with most of our population representing a net tax negative or neutral impact for the nation's books.

That's not a huge problem but if the average income of the nation isn't effectively paying tax we are at the mercy of those high incomes wanting to stay around.

If the tax system is built to sustain the middle and low groups from funding from the middle with the extra from the top providing the surplus cash to build then we would be more stable.

Some would see that as a tax cut. Some would see it as a huge tax hike on middle Australia. Some could be given an extra $5,000 in benefits but be taxed an extra $3,000 and see that as a huge increase in costs.

We might even get free child care if the average earning Australian had a positive impact on the bottom line. That will help more people work, more earning, more tax, better national services.

Not sure how much will get to the farmers though.

None?

They keep telling us that the farmers get paid a set price by some sort of middle man...I presume that the price going up in Woollies will only lead to the the middle man getting an extra 10c.

Unless magically the middle man is generous enough to pass it on to the farmer.

What the hell does this mean? If all the bank CEO's resigned there wouldn't be bank CEO's anymore
It means the people who work FIFO and high level tradesmen will retire early to an Asian nation where they can live like royalty over staying in Australia to keep working and paying tax.

It's fairly simple, we can have really nice stuff if the highest tax rate kicks in around our average income. Our current highest tax rate kicks in $100,000 above our average income.

None?

They keep telling us that the farmers get paid a set price by some sort of middle man...I presume that the price going up in Woollies will only lead to the the middle man getting an extra 10c.

Unless magically the middle man is generous enough to pass it on to the farmer.

Shades of angus taylor saying he'd write a ( very stern ) letter to the power companies telling them to lower bills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shades of angus taylor saying he'd write a ( very stern ) letter to the power companies telling them to lower bills.

They had a panel discussion on Credlin last night and concluded...somehow....it is Joel Fitzgibbons fault for suggesting a floor price...in opposition...when they've been in power for 6 years and not done a bloody thing.

Georgina Downer..."it's good that they've lifted the price 10c because it now allows them to do things they couldn't do when the price was 10c lower. i.e. lift the price." Confused? I know I was.

To tie it all together in a perfect pretty little bow. Anti-semitism from Jeremy Corbyn has led to Labour MP's quitting the Labour party in the UK and something something Bill Shorten...

Dutton rorts?
Paladdin rorts?
Cormann rorts?
Cash lies?

Not a word. Sky News where if a Lib rorts while in govt and everyone is around to see it, it still never happened.

They had a panel discussion on Credlin last night and concluded...somehow....it is Joel Fitzgibbons fault for suggesting a floor price...in opposition...when they've been in power for 6 years and not done a bloody thing.

Georgina Downer..."it's good that they've lifted the price 10c because it now allows them to do things they couldn't do when the price was 10c lower. i.e. lift the price." Confused? I know I was.

" merit - based "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back