What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunkley had 1 clearance. We need to win clearances to win the game. Can't afford him to go missing

Similarly clug. We need quality over quantity.
Neale is our go to in there, has held us in great stead over the last few seasons, if Lachie misses games other players step up.

Neal's one wood is elite inside contested work, if he's on the field that is where he will be.

Maybe Rayner FINALLY breaks out next week
You can only hope; no doubt the Tigers are going to cope the treatment in the media that the Dogs copped last week and will be hoping to make a statement. I don’t expect us to lose but I wouldn’t bet that we do anything like what the Dogs did to them yesterday. As for Rayner, who honestly knows; he’s just such a disappointment. Enough said really.

Neale is our go to in there, has held us in great stead over the last few seasons, if Lachie misses games other players step up.

Neal's one wood is elite inside contested work, if he's on the field that is where he will be.
Would you dare managing Lachie next week and bringing in JL or just wait until the bye?

Would you dare managing Lachie next week and bringing in JL or just wait until the bye?

Tough one.

If we had another win on the board, you bring in JL or Tunstill and give Lachie a rest.

We look pretty stupid though if we end up with the calamity of losing to the Tigers.

Season is on the line in the next two weeks

EDit: Two weeks ago Scott and Geelong were being hailed as geniuses for their player "management" programme.

All of a sudden they lose two on the trot, including the widely regarded "unlosable" home game against a determined Port.

Maybe just got a little too cute for their own good?

Last edited:
To do the best we can with these crappy injuries that we have.....and for all ops and injuries well and truly sorted over the big break at xmas and then back fit and rearing to go next year.

Don't expect anything from our boys except effort.... this year is looking pretty dim so just to sit back and see what happens I guess.

To do the best we can with these crappy injuries that we have.....and for all ops and injuries well and truly sorted over the big break at xmas and then back fit and rearing to go next year.

Don't expect anything from our boys except effort.... this year is looking pretty dim so just to sit back and see what happens I guess.

With the calamitous injury toll we have, it's hard to see us finishing top 4 from here, much less top two.
However, the group has shown admirable fight and spirit over the last few weeks and I think we will probably scrape into the bottom half of the eight,

If we were to do that and actually win a final, I think I take that right now,

Tough one.

If we had another win on the board, you bring in JL or Tunstill and give Lachie a rest.

We look pretty stupid though if we end up with the calamity of losing to the Tigers.

Season is on the line in the next two weeks

EDit: Two weeks ago Scott and Geelong were being hailed as geniuses for their player "management" programme.

All of a sudden they lose two on the trot, including the widely regarded "unlosable" home game against a determined Port.

Maybe just got a little too cute for their own good?
They are the only team to beat the Swans too this year so they shouldn’t be taken lightly a trait we commonly seem to ignore.

I reckon every time we’ve tried being cute under Fagan it has backfired so all I hope is that were professional this week and the rest should take care of itself.

You can only hope; no doubt the Tigers are going to cope the treatment in the media that the Dogs copped last week and will be hoping to make a statement. I don’t expect us to lose but I wouldn’t bet that we do anything like what the Dogs did to them yesterday. As for Rayner, who honestly knows; he’s just such a disappointment. Enough said really.
Maybe we have just over anticipated what he can achieve, especially on a consistency basis?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And depending on our form and injuries leading into the finals, I wouldn’t rule out winning it from 5th or 6th. If it all clicks for us, I sincerely believe that we can beat any team in any venue.
I'm just not seeing it this year based on form ,availability and desire.

I suppose if a few above us start playing like us we could sneak in.

Our draw's nothing special but we do have say 5 or so games that we should definitely win in our present form.

I'm just not seeing it this year based on form ,availability and desire.

I suppose if a few above us start playing like us we could sneak in.

Our draw's nothing special but we do have say 5 or so games that we should definitely win in our present form.
I definitely think the desire is back, we will get some decent players back in the second half of the year and the form and confidence will come imo.
As long as we keep on winning.

I definitely think the desire is back, we will get some decent players back in the second half of the year and the form and confidence will come imo.
As long as we keep on winning.
I really like the move of Cal into the forward line where he can be relied on for pressure and a bit more marking presence but not cooked like he is on the wings ,so he's still able to get up the ground and help out.

This relies a lot on Sharp and Reville to keep improving and be reliable on the wings . With Berry fit enough to play as a mid. . Fletcher I think is getting stronger and better each game.

So I'm looking for improvement from the newbies to help us get better. Plus Ashcroft ,Bailey ,a fitter McKenna as 3 notables who should improve us provided they can get back to form.

We can still win the whole damn thing IMO, coming up to the halfway point of the season and there isn't a standout Premiership favourite yet, it's a year where I can see a team out of the top 4 winning it, the pre finals bye is massive for teams 5 to 8 chances, we have 4 players out for the season in Doedee, Coleman, Gardiner and McCarthy. Some good players coming back over the next few weeks.

If we can wrestle our way into the 8 and get this side on the park in good condition and form come September I think the pain of 2023 could push us all the way >

Dayne Zorko, Jack Payne, Brandon Starcevich.
Darcy Wilmot, Harris Andrews, Ryan Lester.

Oscar McInerney, Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley.
Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage, Will Ashcroft.

Charlie Cameron, Joe Daniher, Kai Lohmann.
Callum Ah Chee, Eric Hipwood, Zac Bailey.

Jaspa Fletcher, Harry Sharp, Conor McKenna, Noah Answerth.

Sub- Cam Rayner.

Dev Robertson, Shadeau Brain, Logan Morris and Bruce Reville + whoever we get in the Mid Season Draft to put pressure on for a starting spot over the rest of the H&A season

We can still win the whole damn thing IMO, coming up to the halfway point of the season and there isn't a standout Premiership favourite yet, it's a year where I can see a team out of the top 4 winning it, the pre finals bye is massive for teams 5 to 8 chances, we have 4 players out for the season in Doedee, Coleman, Gardiner and McCarthy. Some good players coming back over the next few weeks.

If we can wrestle our way into the 8 and get this side on the park in good condition and form come September I think the pain of 2023 could push us all the way >

Dayne Zorko, Jack Payne, Brandon Starcevich.
Darcy Wilmot, Harris Andrews, Ryan Lester.

Oscar McInerney, Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley.
Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage, Will Ashcroft.

Charlie Cameron, Joe Daniher, Kai Lohmann.
Callum Ah Chee, Eric Hipwood, Zac Bailey.

Jaspa Fletcher, Harry Sharp, Conor McKenna, Noah Answerth.

Sub- Cam Rayner.

Dev Robertson, Shadeau Brain, Logan Morris and Bruce Reville + whoever we get in the Mid Season Draft to put pressure on for a starting spot over the rest of the H&A season
I'm a bit taken with Brain.

Just has that bit of mongrel but still plenty of poise , and the confidence to back himself.

It never pays to get carried away with untried players but he could end up being good.

I'm hoping but I guess a bit much to ask for this year.

I really like the determined look he had when he came on and getting unfairly pinged in his first contest didn't faze him one bit.

We can still win the whole damn thing IMO, coming up to the halfway point of the season and there isn't a standout Premiership favourite yet, it's a year where I can see a team out of the top 4 winning it,
100% agree, most even season in a long time.
If the finals started today you'd say any team in the 8 can win it.

100% agree, most even season in a long time.
If the finals started today you'd say any team in the 8 can win it.
It will all sort itself out over the next 6 or 7 weeks and you'll probably find around 3 teams who will separate themselves from the rest.

I don't want to give anyone apoplexy but I think the Pies will again be the team everyone else has to knock off.

Just has that bit of mongrel but still plenty of poise , and the confidence to back himself.

It never pays to get carried away with untried players but he could end up being good.

I really like the determined look he had when he came on and getting unfairly pinged in his first contest didn't faze him one bit.
Me too, has looked fantastic in the reserves, I wanted him in that side I posted but thought nah doesn't have the AFL form yet to be in there.

Thought it was a bit of fluff but when Fagan said "he's one of 12 kids and had to fight for everything he's gotten in life" probably a bit of truth to it.

As I said on here a few months ago, I don’t think you can ignore either the impact of living with Will and Jaspa and seeing first hand how professional they are particularly Will - if you see his SM - you’d be hard pressed to not say that he isn’t at Simon Black levels with his professionalism. No doubt they’d watch tape, review their games and that would have to rub off on Shadeau. Obviously the boy has natural ability but seeing the drive of Will and Jaspa first hand I think would elevate his exposure most other young players wouldn’t see. Hope that makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back