Opinion What is your favourite goal of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

No have been off Harvey since he snobbed his old man during his record games celebration he had a few but Brent was obviously ignoring him no give the bloke a hug no one is perfect accept it.

Loved all of Brad Johnson's efforts.

Prestia 2017 QF v Cats. Dusty beats Stewart in a one-on-one at half back… streams down the wing taking 2 bounces…. kicks long and gathered by Riewoldt at HF, who turns and kicks to an unmarked Prestia streaming into the goal square. Late in the third of Richmond’s first finals win in 16-years …95,000 supporters …. the noise from 70,000 tortured Tiger supporters when Dusty took off down the wing was out of this world.

Closely followed by Dusty’s opening goal of the last in the PF v GWS when I knew we’d by into a GF …commentated by Basil as he gathered, turned his opponent inside out and snapped it through “Dusty, Dusty, Dustyyyyyyy”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Travis Varcoe - Final Quarter - 2011 Grand Final.
Contests the ball well inside D50, then runs/supports/toe-pokes the ball all the way to F50, crumbs a marking contest and slots it. Power-running, so impressive deep in the last quarter of a GF.

That was a fantastic goal.

Any of these three thanks.

Petracca's goal is nice anyway but Pickett planting Dunkley right on his fat arse is what elevates it a little bit, also at that point there's three Bulldogs players lying flat on the ground, one of them manhandled by Gawn from the ruck contest and the other was going for a "doggies special" aka free kick flop maybe. Either that or they just fell over either way. Sparrow casually slotting the next from outside 50 followed by my favourite goal celebration of all time, I love it, then Oliver's goal from another clearance, "magic moment", what can you say about that? Best bit is the look of devastation on the Dogs faces afterwards, no talking, they just standing around looking like they want to cry because they know they just lost whatever chance they had at a premiership in less than 60 seconds. Easton Wood coming up to give Bonty a nice little encouraging pat on the ass, I don't think it helped much I never seen a bunch of dudes so broken in my life lol and then the camera shows the Dogs supporters just bloody shell-shocked like "wtf is happening?" sorry guys.

"put it straight into the veins!!!!" (there's one here somewhere I'm sure)

Probably Oliver’s running into 50 goal for our 7th of the quarter and 3rd in 50 seconds. Pointing to the crowd, “bang… bang bang bang”.

I reckon the best goal in Adelaide history was Modra against Richmond where he chased down his own bad kick and snapped an impossible goal from the boundry while been well defended on a Friday night at the MCG in 1995. Was the goal of the year. Also the amazing goals of the year by Eddie Betts, esp the one vs the Giants.

Jason Akermanis kicking 2 crazy goals vs Geelong in 2005 on a very wet day in Brisbane. Buddy vs Essendon. Peter Daicos in 1990. I've lost count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ablett one against Collingwood is my number one. You had to be there to appreciate it.

Otherwise, a variety of different Ablett senior ones:

• 1989 Prelim when he ran around Hamilton on the mark (mentioned above)
  • 1989 Prelim when he kicked it from 55 on the boundary line on the run
  • 1992 Qualifying Final v Footscray when he kicked it 60m left foot on the run
  • 1985 versus North, an absolutely insane torpedo off one step that travelled 70 metres (at least, to me it's one of the greatest goals ever kicked that most people don't even know about)
For a team goal, can't go past Chappy's in the last quarter of the 2009 Grand final. Again, you really had to feel the crowd noise at ground level for that one.
Also - 1989 Essendon mud-bath. A 45m torpedo in atrocious conditions, following a freakish one-handed mark. Ablett's best goal/mark deserves its own thread.

For sheer jump off the couch/out of my seat and go absolutely nuts run through a wall type of area, it’s these for me:

Burgoyne in the last qtr of the 2013 prelim

Johnny Barker last qtr 2001 semi

Buddy’s last one of the 2007 elim

As for GF goals, some of my favs are:

Hodge checkside 2015

Isaac Smith (boooo) 2013

Dew one step 2008 and Dew snap 2008

Hodge kick in steal 2014

And, I have to say, these absolutely cut me:

Luke Ball 2011 prelim

Malceski 2012 GF

Hawkins siren (watched a Hawthorn supporter at the end of my aisle cry uncontrollably and had to climb over him to leave that night as he was unable to move or function, hilarious)

For sheer jump off the couch/out of my seat and go absolutely nuts run through a wall type of area, it’s these for me:

Burgoyne in the last qtr of the 2013 prelim

Johnny Barker last qtr 2001 semi

Buddy’s last one of the 2007 elim

As for GF goals, some of my favs are:

Hodge checkside 2015

Isaac Smith (boooo) 2013

Dew one step 2008 and Dew snap 2008

Hodge kick in steal 2014

Glad someone mentioned that. That was a great, great goal.

Gonna go personal here, probably cotchins goal in the 19 grand final. It was party time and sitting behind the goals with cotch running straight at you, and then just the joy of it all. jumping around like that isnt like cotchin and you could just feel the energy and joy in the crowd. Plus a midfielder dashing through the centre square and dobbing it from 50 is a pretty good goal in its own right.

close second would be either jacks goal to beat the eagles in the game near the end of 2019 season that got us top 4, or the mcmahon goal after the siren. again, behind the goals in both, and both epic games in their own way. (ok, 15th vs 16th isnt an epic game, but an after the siren kick always makes it special).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back