Competitions What numbers will the new recruits wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It's a dry time of year, so let's make things interesting and compete to guess the new recruits numbers to be officially unveiled this Friday. The available numbers are:

and the players without numbers are:

Charlie Constable
Gary Ablett Jnr
Gryan Miers
Lachlan Fogarty
Stewart Crameri
Tim Kelly

If you continue your recent tradition of allocating the first draftee the number worn by the retiring player who played the most games, it would be

4: Fogarty
11: Ablett
13: Kelly
18: Miers
32: Constable
36: Crameri

I don’t think that’s happened for a few years now.

If it happened last year shouldn't Parfitt be in 44 as Enright played more games than Bartel?
It's about the highest profile/weight of accomplishments instead of just raw games numbers I'm pretty sure.

Regardless my tips are

4. L. Fogarty
11. G. Ablett
13. T. Kelly
18. G Miers
32. C Constable
36. S Crameri

Well I always thought it was just draft order with the earlier player taken getting the lowest available number unless there was a player with a specific request for a certain available number e.g father son with same number as dad or if a retiring player wants to pass on a number to someone specific etc.

So if Ablett takes 11 it will make it:

4. Fogarty
11. Ablett
13. Kelly
18. Constable
32. Miers
36. Crameri

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally happened last year with Parfitt in the 3 and Stewart in the 44.

As someone’s already mentioned, Enright played more games than Bartel. I don’t think they’ve done this since 2013/14?

And of course it’s not weight of accomplishments. It would be a bit sensitive for the club to make judgements on that.

Craperi? He cost nothing in terms of salary or picks and you just insult him. You are a deadset flog mate.
I'm sorry, I thought I was on an internet forum which users were allowed to express their opinion.

4 - Lachlan Fogarty (was #4 for VM and all stars)
11 - Gary Ablett (#11 for the falcons)
13 - Tim Kelly
18 - Gryan Miers
32 - Stewart Crameri
36 - Constable (was pick #36)

It looks like both Fogarty and Miers have an affinity for the #4 with both wearing it at the champs, and Miers wearing it for the Falcons too.

Can we keep the player name calling until at least their first game FFS..

If you dont like a player- fine - express that but explain why and keep the grade 1 jokes out of it for while at least...

Bloke does not even have a number yet FFS...

GO Catters

Can we keep the player name calling until at least their first game FFS..

If you dont like a player- fine - express that but explain why and keep the grade 1 jokes out of it for while at least...

Bloke does not even have a number yet FFS...

GO Catters

was it just an error of smelling?

Daz, Vdubs you BF long termers, when did I old mate Rainfall, Mr 3 time perma become the sensible voice of reason?

Am I getting old? :hushed:

Daz, Vdubs you BF long termers, when did I old mate Rainfall, Mr 3 time perma become the sensible voice of reason?

Am I getting old? :hushed:
I did have to check it was really Deep + look at your avatar about eleventy seven times to make sure it was you!

Hell, by the time you're 21 next year, you'll be the wise old Solomon of BF :p

Well done to UnitedWarrior93 - the only one to pick No. 4 for GAJr :thumbsu:

Seeing Gaz in the number 4 that actually fits in training photos today looked good.
Didn’t know that I’d like it, but think it is a good fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back