Other What Will You Do Now That Football Is Over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Primarily my sports of choice are college football, NFL, and MLB in that order, the next few months are the darkest for me in sports. I hate bball and will only watch the March Madness to an extent. I've just never gotten into it. Feb till late April is so boring for me as a sports fan. I usually use the next few months to get caught up on movies and video games I've been dying to play. I'll also once again enter my 4th season of Dream Team AFL of which I pride myself on dominating my friends from down under. In the last 3 years I have made it to the Grand Final twice with only 2 season losses only to lose in the last game. But this year I'm hoping I can pull through. I'm also hoping I'll have the cash this year to get one of those IPTV boxes to watch the AFL games live.
What will you guys be doing in the off season?

Agree. The gap between the Superbowl and Round One of the AFL is the most boring time sports fan wise, especially with Liverpool once again looking like they are going to come up short in the EPL.

Knuckle down and focus of work I guess.:(

Hope you're right there marcuz. Hopefully Bombers can stay in the NAB Cup a bit longer and lead nicely into the new season.

Bloody hell it's great being a sports fan these days, isn't it!! NFL, AFL, still got a few months of the EPL, pre-season in the MLB coming up, soccer Euro Championships coming up in June. I'm even starting to come around on the......gulp......basketball, especially some of the College stuff.

Started to get into the College football a lot more this season, love the history and rivalries. Oh and then there's the cricket as well.

Can't wait for September though :thumbsu:

Hope you're right there marcuz. Hopefully Bombers can stay in the NAB Cup a bit longer and lead nicely into the new season.

Bloody hell it's great being a sports fan these days, isn't it!! NFL, AFL, still got a few months of the EPL, pre-season in the MLB coming up, soccer Euro Championships coming up in June. I'm even starting to come around on the......gulp......basketball, especially some of the College stuff.

Started to get into the College football a lot more this season, love the history and rivalries. Oh and then there's the cricket as well.

Can't wait for September though :thumbsu:

yep the new NFL season can't come quick enough, until then i'll just have to get by watching highlights of my "Man Crush":D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QaEZu_zrwg&feature=related

You can't do sport and chicks at the same time gg?

sure you can.......i was finding the 1995 ARL GF between Manly and St Geroge so boring, I grabbed my then gf and porked her while I continued to watch the game...........just had to tell her to keep it down so i could hear the commentary..........ahhh, how i wish i was still 17!

oh, i watch the AFL, basbeball, motoGP, and I seem to tune to basketball for March Madness..........dunno why cos im generally averse to all other forms of the game.

You can't do sport and chicks at the same time gg?

Doing girls is a sport. So yeah.

But to answer Vick's question properly, there is no off-season really. I'll be up to my neck in tracking the combine, FA signings, all the pre-draft analysis and trade rumors, and plotting the demise of the Bail Jumpers, Domination and Mustang. I'll also try to find time to get into video gaming, writing/music, watching movies, reading books.

I'm not sure what you mean - NFL off-season? do you mean the 7 months when the team don't actually play?

IMO the NFL is a 12 month a year exercise that never ends. Free-agency, the draft, mini-camps, roster cut-downs, exhibition games, and then the regular season, play-offs and the superbowl. Then it starts again. the only part of the NFL that makes no sense is the pro-bowl.

ATM I'm keeping an eye on happenings at the Vikings, free-agency signings, waiting for the draft combine and praying that Favre finally announces his retirement.

NBA, NHL Seasons Begin

NEW YORK—In what sports fans across the nation are calling uncannily perfect timing, both the National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League apparently opened their respective regular seasons Monday, just 20 hours after the conclusion of Sunday's exciting Super Bowl. "I was watching highlights of the Giants' victory parade on ESPN, and I saw on the sports ticker that the Toronto Raptors upset the [Miami] Heat, and I was like, 'Oh, basketball already?'" Brad Saunders, 34, told reporters, adding that even though the Heat had suffered a 9-36 preseason, Saunders believes the team will start playing better now that everything officially counts. "And I'm not that big of a hockey fan, but I read something somewhere about how the NHL played their All-Star game already, and I think having it before the season opener was a pretty interesting idea." Saunders echoed the sentiments of millions by adding that he would be tuning in to both sports until they conclude on Feb. 14, when MLB pitchers and catchers report to spring training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rugby starts now, which takes priority until footy season fully begins. Still a bit of cricket left too, so it's full on sport still.

love the avatar, wally!!! looks as though you were up bloody close! :eek: i got goosebumps as Bruce ran about waving those large union jacks along to the trooper. ****en kicked arse!! :thumbsu:

As much as i will miss the NFL season i wont have any trouble filling in time between now and the time next season starts.
As it is being in Australia as most of us are it doesnt fill in our weekend. For me previously it was my entire Monday and Tuesday mornings until i changed job. And than it was early Monday mornings, Sundays (NCAA) and most nights watching replays and highlights.

Now i have plenty to do to fill in the gaps.
  • Fremantle Dockers
  • Western Force
  • Sturt Double Blues
  • Chad Reed - World Motocross GP
  • Manly Sea Eagles
  • Garry Brazier - World of Outlaws (sprintcars)
Also fantasy AFL and NRL.
So i have sh*t loads of interest outside of the NFL.

love the avatar, wally!!! looks as though you were up bloody close! :eek: i got goosebumps as Bruce ran about waving those large union jacks along to the trooper. ****en kicked arse!! :thumbsu:

I was up close (middle of the barrier, thank God for winning the fan club competition) but I didn't take this. Their official photographer did, but an absolutely fantastic shot none the less.

I had goosebumps the whole bloody night, was just amazing. Listening to the bootleg of the Perth show now.:thumbsu:

I only realised this season whilst watching NFL how boring English football is.... So none of that. The Aussie Rules of course, The English Cricket season, bit of the Arena Football League if it's on Eurosport and of course MLB which is great.

Will miss my NFL fix though, 8 games a week we had on at points this season. Going to have to find something to do then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back