Whatever happened to.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Damian Cupido?

Just a suburban / country gun for hire. Moves around local clubs, shot through from one country club after claiming a sign-on payment im told, which wasn't a popular move.

Just goes to whoevers offering the most cash and kicks huge bags of goals for them. Plays out of the goalsquare, has put on a lot of weight. Also been playing in the NTFL, a year or two ago he'd kicked the ton in 10 games or something.

Also occasionally pops up in a local cricket game somewhere and generally hits 100 or 200.

Still almost the most talented player I've ever seen.

At last, a thread dedicated to the trivial but burning issues of football. I'll get the ball rolling:

1. Whatever happened to Peter Landy? We saw footage of him last night from a late 1970's / early 1980's (?) Brownlow count. He seemed to completely disappear off the face of the earth in the 90's. I know he's still alive and would be in his early 70's now.

2. In 1973 the then VFL introduced free agency for players who had served 10 years with a club. Why was the rule abandoned only months after it was introduced?

Post your answers and questions:

Pretty sure I have heard him commentating on AFL live.

The Fat Footscray boy from 1989?

FXJ312141.jpg

Was in the cheer squad for years, we all knew him as Rex, short for anorexic

On the subject of goal umpires, whatever happened to the shortish guy with the mustache who appeared to be at both goals for every game ever played between about 1987 and 1995?
lmao so true, every highlight goal from the 90's he was the goal umpire, absolute corker of a post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a suburban / country gun for hire. Moves around local clubs, shot through from one country club after claiming a sign-on payment im told, which wasn't a popular move.

Just goes to whoevers offering the most cash and kicks huge bags of goals for them. Plays out of the goalsquare, has put on a lot of weight. Also been playing in the NTFL, a year or two ago he'd kicked the ton in 10 games or something.

Also occasionally pops up in a local cricket game somewhere and generally hits 100 or 200.

Still almost the most talented player I've ever seen.

Straight after he was axed, or possibly the year after, he started working at intensity the old arcade game centre at the jam factory. A female who worked at the nearby cinema used to call him stupido due to him apparently being... stupid. Sorry that this adds basically nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back