Play Nice Goal Umpire costs Adelaide a shot at finals, how do you stop it from happening again?

Should Adelaide appeal the result vs Sydney (poll reset with new option)

• Go to court if appeals are unsuccessfull

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst part of all this is the AFL seemingly pointing the finger at an official just for backing himself and making a judgement call when the sport is crying out for officials at the lower levels.

Have a bit of tact and say something like we'll carry out a performance review, then don't pick him the next weekend and then if you really don't want him let him go quietly in the off season.

Dont conflate the issue of a decision where the technology is available to prevent that goal no goal scenario with onfield decisions where there is no review mechanism...again, don't be THAT guy
Ah but the technology didn't show that, did it?

What you just can't admit to yourself is we've seen all the AFL's official footage and none of it definitively shows (look that word up and make quite sure you know what it means; one day when you're over 18 you may be called to serve on a jury in a court of law) the goal umpire was wrong. So the decision stands.

What you just can't admit to yourself is we've seen all the AFL's official footage and none of it definitively shows (look that word up and make quite sure you know what it means; one day when you're over 18 you may be called to serve on a jury in a court of law) the goal umpire was wrong. So the decision stands.
No, you are one of the only people in the world that refuses to acknowledge that it didn't hit the post. Thats on you

like I said - bad faith

But as the AFL were satisfied it clearly missed, you will just have to chew on it
Um, we're the one playing finals, so I'm not really doing a lot of chewing at this moment.

Sorry, that was unnecessarily cruel, but you are just being so absurd about this.

Just repeatedly saying "The AFL says the goal umpire was WRONG, and I don't know about you pal, but that's good enough for me!!!" is not exactly a strong argument.

Um, we're the one playing finals, so I'm not really doing a lot of chewing at this moment.

Sorry, that was unnecessarily cruel, but you are just being so absurd about this.

Just repeatedly saying "The AFL says the goal umpire was WRONG, and I don't know about you pal, but that's good enough for me!!!" is not exactly a strong argument.
Me being absurd when the AFL have released public statement backing up exactly what i said...lol

It literally cant be any clearer than this..dual angles at exactly the same time

Attachments

• 1692448653875.png
    1692448653875.png
    539.8 KB · Views: 39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean sides that play lots of their home games against shared tennants?

Struggle to grasp that simple concept? Or are you actually that comically deluded that you believe Richmond playing Essendon in a ‘home’ game at the MCG is the same thing as Adelaide playing Essendon at Adelaide Oval.

Jog on buddy. No finals for the Crows in 2023 anyway but definitely no finals without the extra home game.

Why? We only played carlton once, so if we were going to lose one our home, it would be more likely to the gws or collingwood game, so the wins stay the same.

This argument around the fixture is stupid if you’re going to ignore the hard parts the crows draw

Me being absurd when the AFL have released public statement backing up exactly what i said...lol

It literally cant be any clearer than this..dual angles at exactly the same time

Except that doesn't account for parallax does it?

Ummm, how about this footage which clearly shows daylight between the ball and the goal post through every rotation of the ball until it gets to the padding. The footage ends on a frame showing the ball was well past the goal post when at the same height as the padding so couldn’t possibly have hit the padding.

If the ball did in fact hit the goal post, it would be impossible to capture footage from any angle showing daylight between the ball and the goal post through every rotation of the ball.

This is definitive footage; Parallax does not assist you here.

View attachment Ben Keays frustrated after Crows robbed of finals hopes in AFL goal blunder | 7NEWS.mov

Much better shot than Sydney at least

Yeah.
Nah.
Ummm, how about this footage which clearly shows daylight between the ball and the goal post through every rotation of the ball until it gets to the padding. The footage ends on a frame showing the ball was well past the goal post when at the same height as the padding so couldn’t possibly have hit the padding.

If the ball did in fact hit the goal post, it would be impossible to capture footage from any angle showing daylight between the ball and the goal post through every rotation of the ball.

This is definitive footage; Parallax does not assist you here.

View attachment 1788889

That's not official footage.

Weird how Adelaide played 11 games against the top 8 after finishing 13th .. and the Swans only played 10, after getting their pants pulled down in the GF last year

But but but .. Adelaide played 2 games against WC
Is this against the current (final) top 8 or teams that were in the top 8 that round?

Because it's pretty obvious how that happens, if you look at last year's top 8 compared to this years.

Is this against the current (final) top 8 or teams that were in the top 8 that round?

Because it's pretty obvious how that happens, if you look at last year's top 8 compared to this years.
Actually, it I was wrong

Adelaide actually played 12 games against the current top 8 with a W/L record of 5/7

We finished up with a much harder draw .. second only to Collingwood

Actually, it I was wrong

Adelaide actually played 12 games against the current top 8 with a W/L record of 5/7

We finished up with a much harder draw .. second only to Collingwood
Short of cutting the season down to 17 games there's not much the AFL can do about this though.

Pretty much luck. But also if you won more of those games then there would be one less top 8 opponent for you to play ;)

Short of cutting the season down to 17 games there's not much the AFL can do about this though.

Pretty much luck. But also if you won more of those games then there would be one less top 8 opponent for you to play ;)
Hey friend .. Swans made the 8 .. congratulations

Disingenuous posting that claims Adelaide didn't deserve a chance to play finals due to .. reasons.. instead of umpiring/rules/ARC .. sometimes needs to called out

I still can’t believe that umpire had the confidence to call it a behind given it wasn’t clear not to mention the status of the game and consequence. Apparently he was involved in a similar debacle before. Just nuts

Back