Autopsy What's the deal with the Western Bulldogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. And yet you get WB supporters in here digging in personally as they can’t hack it.
It was a herculean effort by Josh Kennedy to keep the swans in the game but in the end they had several passengers and lost the contested possessions by 20+ and were down by 15+ inside 50s. The scoreline flattered them pretty much solely due to Kennedy's efforts. The umpiring had no impact on the game.

It was a herculean effort by Josh Kennedy to keep the swans in the game but in the end they had several passengers and lost the contested possessions by 20+ and were down by 15+ inside 50s. The scoreline flattered them pretty much solely due to Kennedy's efforts. The umpiring had no impact on the game.
You do realise the free kick count impacted the contested possession and inside fifty statistics?

Five of those seasons they have finished within the same three spots on the ladder. Apart from that one year where they finished thirteenth, they have hardly bottomed out.

Compare to Sydney for example, who in that time have finished anywhere from top to 16th.
You Geelong fans sure do love the ladder, hey?

You do realise the free kick count impacted the contested possession and inside fifty statistics?
The AFL ruled two non-sliding decisions and one holding the ball as incorrect and a third non-sliding decision as 50/50.
Even if you reach and say there were a couple of other '50/50' decisions that could have gone their way, they're still well short of the mark.

The AFL ruled two non-sliding decisions and one holding the ball as incorrect and a third non-sliding decision as 50/50.
Even if you reach and say there were a couple of other '50/50' decisions that could have gone their way, they're still well short of the mark.
The AFL said that to cover themselves. Watch that video I posted. There would be more than what you’ve mentioned. You can’t just say ‘The AFL said that so it’s true’ I mean, it’s not. It’s only WB supporters that don’t buy that. There’s a reason website goes into meltdown on game day when you play.

Handball happy game plan outdated, pathetic structure that we try and hide by dominating clearance that we no longer really win let alone dominate anymore.

Pretty much sums us up.

Change is needed and imminent.

You've made like 50+ posts in this thread alone seething about the Bulldogs and umpiring. You're not intelligent and you're probably mentally unstable.
So a poster on BF comments about football related topics and you’ve thrown out the ‘not intelligent’ post and now ‘mentally unstable’, that’s a very very long bow to draw when you don’t know that person. You’re an absolute keyboard warrior.

So a poster on BF comments about football related topics and you’ve thrown out the ‘not intelligent’ post and now ‘mentally unstable’, that’s a very very long bow to draw when you don’t know that person. You’re an absolute keyboard warrior.

Why do you and Danster ruin and derail every bulldogs thread?

Go away, please, for the sake of everyone else.

The thread is a public one talking about why you’re struggling. My opinion is that you’re getting / have gotten a ride with umpires and it’s pissed people off. Your big issue is that you’re letting your players get away with staging. The reason this conversation is in the gutter is because football as a sport is in the gutter and it’s grubs like Weightman that perpetuate it with cheating.

It’s an absolute disgrace.

It’s not for the sake of ‘everyone else’ because 20+ people alone agree with my post you were gifted a flag and a final last year. It’s only for the sake of you and your supporters who think it’s a non issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handball happy game plan outdated, pathetic structure that we try and hide by dominating clearance that we no longer really win let alone dominate anymore.

Pretty much sums us up.

Change is needed and imminent.
It can turn quickly with a good off-season trade period.

Dominating clearance is up and down for lots of teams. Melbourne’s is all over the shop, which is problematic given we haven’t been scoring as well off the turnover - and you just can’t rely on a great clearance out the front in the manner we do.

All it takes is a couple of mids to be less than usual form and this becomes an issue. Dogs midfield didn’t look to be in its top form this year. This is something that will change though

It can turn quickly with a good off-season trade period.

Dominating clearance is up and down for lots of teams. Melbourne’s is all over the shop, which is problematic given we haven’t been scoring as well off the turnover - and you just can’t rely on a great clearance out the front in the manner we do.

All it takes is a couple of mids to be less than usual form and this becomes an issue. Dogs midfield didn’t look to be in its top form this year. This is something that will change though

I envy the changes the demons made. Brought in gun assistants that have clearly helped. 3 big names meanwhile we struggle to get 1! We need some new ideas. I highly doubt your defensive structure was all Goodys influence.

The thread is a public one talking about why you’re struggling. My opinion is that you’re getting / have gotten a ride with umpires and it’s pissed people off. Your big issue is that you’re letting your players get away with staging. The reason this conversation is in the gutter is because football as a sport is in the gutter and it’s grubs like Weightman that perpetuate it with cheating.

It’s an absolute disgrace.
Every team has some bad eggs, at Melbourne alone, Gawn regularly plays for free kicks, Clayton Oliver has gone back to staging for 50m penalties again. Pickett, Neal Bullen, Fritsch and Spargo are all very handy at drawing high contact.

Last edited:
That game was the only time I've ever swapped who I was going for halfway through a GF.

I went into the game wanting the Dogs to win, but Sydney were getting cheated so hard I switched to barracking for them by the second half.
what about 2007? At halftime there was no point going for port, just wanted to see how much Geelong could win by

I envy the changes the demons made. Brought in gun assistants that have clearly helped. 3 big names meanwhile we struggle to get 1! We need some new ideas. I highly doubt your defensive structure was all Goodys influence.
There were big defensive structure improvements which likely weren’t all Goodwin, but having stable personnel in the backline was just as helpful. Took May and Lever a fair while before they could play well together, even with an ACL plus Lever’s frothies mini scandal.

Dogs should improve naturally as Darcy and JUH improve - that’s a high quality player at each end. Decent start to build around. I’m not sure where Caleb’s role sits though. It’s strange to have such a gun player that is a bit hard to place due to his ordinary defending. And height obviously.

There were big defensive structure improvements which likely weren’t all Goodwin, but having stable personnel in the backline was just as helpful. Took May and Lever a fair while before they could play well together, even with an ACL plus Lever’s frothies mini scandal.

Dogs should improve naturally as Darcy and JUH improve - that’s a high quality player at each end. Decent start to build around. I’m not sure where Caleb’s role sits though. It’s strange to have such a gun player that is a bit hard to place due to his ordinary defending. And height obviously.

Caleb needs a positional change asap! Shocked we re signed him - I think he’s very much replaceable.

I can’t help but feel an Yze/Williams type next to Bevo would be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back