Analysis When oh when are Collingwood going to find form?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's clearly not having an effect for Melbourne is it?
Well no s**t sherlock, having a shithiuse coach may have something to do with that.
Love the attempt at deflecting the attention away from your overhyped spud field

How can anyone link the pies and West coast form together? West coast had big talls miss games who can play under done coming into the finals. Kennedy last year limped around yet was able to make a impact and take a key back..

Pies are missing Adams,Langdon,Howe all of whom will need big game time before they make a big impact..

Still think the pies win the flag but if they get gws away first final they will go out in straight sets.

Your team the last month has played a similar brand and yet how many suspensions...

Well similar in spirit....lol. archer, micky martyn, pike, Pickett, David king prob would get done at least a few times by now if we played like this since the start. But I think we have found the basic blue print for success, just need to add more polish. We are still not a top 4 side in that those teams that can match us for physicality can still beat us. Richmond and Collingwood had lots of injuries, west coast is the acid test. If we can be within a few goals it is a sign we have improved very well.

Lets discount top 2 now, I think a home QF is gone, but it might be negligible if they play the Cats anyway. The team they want to avoid is travelling to OS to play the Eagles. So if Eagles look like finishing 2nd, don't be surprised to see the Pies tank to finish 4th.

Top 4 should still be the par score, but that's dependant on their next 2-3 games. 2 wins or better has them looking good, 1-2 makes it tight, 0-3 makes it unlikely. From there, I don't see them finishing worse than 4th-5th.

They are a good side, just out of form. The bounce back rebound game will come, and sadly for us it will probably come against Richmond in 3 weeks because that game is gonna be a bit of a must win for their flag hopes.
Of course we will be the team that plays Collingwood into form. Just like we did for #Lolnorf. Pies will be ok they will click and I wouldn't be suprised if they knock off either WC or GWS away they always win interstate when least expected.

Just need to rebuild our gameplan before finals. Premierships aren't won in Round 15 and I've seen worse teams do it from worse positions. Wheels are shaky but they're not falling off yet...

2nd on the ladder and after a loss against north the alarm bells are (should) be ringing.

So how are the pies still 2nd on the ladder given their puerile form?

Ok granted they've won when they shouldn't have. Not the point.

Fact is the pies are struggling at the minute.

For mine watching the game tonight it's evident that their pressure game is null, in fact north had that covered - surprising for a supposed grunt team.

So let's look at the supposed best midfield of all time (Matt LLoyd says Hi!) hmmm to be be honest it's spluttering at best. Much like the forwards.

At no point this year have they looked anything like a flag winner, question is why? Why is their form so poor?

We all know their potential is flag but they're among others with same potential.

So Collingwood stop teasin and start pleasin.
And they have the form ruckman of the year.

And they have the form ruckman of the year.

Who is a flat track bully that looks great beating up kids and second raters, has been brought back to reality up against big strong experienced blokes with All Australians and flags to their names like Goldy and McEvoy

Well no s**t sherlock, having a s**thiuse coach may have something to do with that.
Love the attempt at deflecting the attention away from your overhyped spud field
You brought it up in the first place. Now you have the convienience of my team losing to deflect the attention away from your overhyped spud field.

I know depth is currently an issue due to the injury/unavailable list, but on form, I'd be dropping Mason Cox (honestly doesn't look physically or mentally up to it since returning from injury), Josh Thomas (a shadow of his 2018 self), Brayden Sier (just doesn't have the endurance for a midfield role, but can't play anywhere else - only averaging 56.5% gametime), and perhaps even James Aish (just not consistent enough within games).

In that sense, given where the injury list is at, and recently named emergencies, we'd probably be looking at:

Mason Cox > Max Lynch
Josh Thomas > John Noble/Ben Crocker/Tim Broomhead (not really excited about the replacement options here)
Brayden Sier > Taylor Adams (I think he confirmed he'll be ready for West Coast)
James Aish > Tyler Brown

Write off the Pies at your own peral, I think it is simply game plan more than effort. Yes they have injuries and that has to be taken into account but it’s how they are moving the ball that is letting them down.
They are very stagnant, to slow to move it, not prepared to take the game on and all this is leading to is the opposition being able to make many one on ones against them.
They refuse to come through the corridor unless it’s a 100% pathway. Their work rate and effort is good but it’s like watching a Ross Lyon coached side who all they are about is stopping the opponent scoring and they have forgotten about scoring themselves.
Can be a quick fix and I am expecting a ferocious Pies next Friday in Perth.

I know depth is currently an issue due to the injury/unavailable list, but on form, I'd be dropping Mason Cox (honestly doesn't look physically or mentally up to it since returning from injury), Josh Thomas (a shadow of his 2018 self), Brayden Sier (just doesn't have the endurance for a midfield role, but can't play anywhere else - only averaging 56.5% gametime), and perhaps even James Aish (just not consistent enough within games).

In that sense, given where the injury list is at, and recently named emergencies, we'd probably be looking at:

Mason Cox > Max Lynch
Josh Thomas > John Noble/Ben Crocker/Tim Broomhead (not really excited about the replacement options here)
Brayden Sier > Taylor Adams (I think he confirmed he'll be ready for West Coast)
James Aish > Tyler Brown
Would be great to be able to have Langdon available so that we could try moving Moore forward, omitting Cox in the process but if Moore isn’t down back, we’re rooted. A back line lead by Roughead-Scharenberg-Langdon with Howe to come in would give us some options but we just don’t have that freedom.

Would be great to be able to have Langdon available so that we could try moving Moore forward, omitting Cox in the process but if Moore isn’t down back, we’re rooted. A back line lead by Roughead-Scharenberg-Langdon with Howe to come in would give us some options but we just don’t have that freedom.

I'd still be reluctant to move Darcy, even if we had the option, because he's experiencing his first real run of consistency and continuity with fitness and form. I can understand the thinking though. We need something in the forward third. De Goey something-from-nothing brilliance and WHE's occasional wizardry can only get us so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say they found some tonight.

Great win and these 2 teams are forming the beginning of a great rivalry.

People (myself included) were too quick to write off Collingwood. Tonight proves that they were previously in a form slump but like any good team they recovered. Sometimes it takes a massive challenge to bring the good players out again.

Bloody hell, I don't know if tonites form was that good, but the effort and never say die attitude certainly was!
Very interesting game to watch. Not good for Collingwood if they only do this against the better sides though.
Gotta do it everywhere.

Collingwood played it like a final. WC treated it as a normal h and a game. They won by 1 pt with WC not rocking up almost half the game. Is that in form?
It pains me to say this dreadful saying but suffer in your jocks, sonny. Your 100% fit side was outrun by a side with half a dozen VFL players in its team in your own backyard.

It pains me to say this dreadful saying but suffer in your jocks, sonny. Your 100% fit side was outrun by a side with half a dozen VFL players in its team in your own backyard.
They had no run all 2nd half but especially the last quarter. Were clearly not going 100%

Collingwood played it like a final. WC treated it as a normal h and a game. They won by 1 pt with WC not rocking up almost half the game. Is that in form?

If eagles win tonight they come close to ensuring a top 2 spot. Now they are back in the pack and have to fight it out with Collingwood and Brisbane, with Richmond breathing down their neck.

This game was massively important for the Eagles and I guarantee Simpson isn’t shrugging it off. Come seasons end if eagles have to beat Richmond to secure top 2, good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back