When will Alastair Clarkson get the credit he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Big difference between tough and dirty.

Dirty was Podsiadly who drove his knee into every defenders kidneys for his entire career.

Tough is Hodge who in one of his first games swung punches face to face with Jonathan Brown.

You think swinging punches is tough. I guess you also think cramming an opponent's head and neck into a behind post is tough too. Or getting back on topic running fifty meters to deliver a coward's punch from behind is really tough. Or trying to bully junior football officials. That's really hard. Super tough. Waiting to get to the door of your hotel to swing a punch, and then running away through the door. Ultra manly stuff.

You think swinging punches is tough. I guess you also think cramming an opponent's head and neck into a behind post is tough too. Or getting back on topic running fifty meters to deliver a coward's punch from behind is really tough. Or trying to bully junior football officials. That's really hard. Super tough. Waiting to get to the door of your hotel to swing a punch, and then running away through the door. Ultra manly stuff.
I think winning three premierships in a row (without tanking or cheating) is pretty tough.

"Bullying junior football officials"

Telling some upstart wannabe umpiring director to "* off!" because he won't let you organize a bunch of kids who are kicking to the wrong end of the ground isn't exactly bullying.

I agree though, Clarkson should've belted that drunk ******* in Adelaide that followed him from the ground long before he eventually did.

Telling some upstart wannabe umpiring director to "**** off!" because he won't let you organize a bunch of kids who are kicking to the wrong end of the ground isn't exactly bullying.

I agree though, Clarkson should've belted that drunk ******* in Adelaide that followed him from the ground long before he eventually did.

propministerBaghdad.jpg

I do hope you don't go to any local or suburban football matches. You'll be astounded by the amount of "bullying" between players, supporters and umpires.

Is Clarkson the greatest coach of all time? 1 VFL + 1 SANFL + 4 AFL Flags. So far. And he is still only young.
Not sure if can fully lay that term on him at this stage. At this point he sits comfortably among the all time greats, and can hold his head very high in their mighty company. Give him another couple of AFL flags before he's done (and who would put it past him?), and we may just have to bestow the GOAT title upon him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clarkson is one of the greatest coaches to have coached the game. i dont think anyone else will achieve his feat any time soon.

clarkson is one of the greatest coaches to have coached the game. i dont think anyone else will achieve his feat any time soon.

The interesting thing is the same was said of Matthews and Brisbane. Even with equalisation, Draw tampering and all the other crap the AFL does, it still happened in a little over a decade.

I think nothing less than a shrine type statue outside Aurora stadium in Launceston ..where all the tassie hawks fans can go and kiss his ring.
Anything less would be an insult to this giant of a man who has brought integrity discipline and good temperament back into the role of coaching.

I think nothing less than a shrine type statue outside Aurora stadium in Launceston ..where all the tassie hawks fans can go and kiss his ring.
Anything less would be an insult to this giant of a man who has brought integrity discipline and good temperament back into the role of coaching.
Translation: 'I am absolutely jealous out of my mind, but all I can think to do about it is write sarcastic, hate-filled posts about it on an internet forum'

Another translation:

My butt hurts because there are highschool kids who weren't born when Carlton last beat Hawthorn and my team being reamed by the greatest team of the last 50 years has made me order some colour coded vaseline so I can see just how far the reaming has gone. So I think I'll shriek like an irrational screeching harpy about a man who is clearly the greatest coach of our time, and try and make him look like a failure at life - like me.

Another translation:

My butt hurts because there are highschool kids who weren't born when Carlton last beat Hawthorn and my team being reamed by the greatest team of the last 50 years has made me order some colour coded vaseline so I can see just how far the reaming has gone. So I think I'll shriek like an irrational screeching harpy about a man who is clearly the greatest coach of our time, and try and make him look like a failure at life - like me.
Yep, better than mine.

Nice sig mate. What are you thanking him for?

Ripping off the country? Adultery? Such a great man with so much "integriteh"

LOL. Ordinary people live by the rules. Extraordinary people make the rules. You are just bitter because Carlton have been through a long line of ordinary coaches and footy departments, and haven't seen a passionate coach who is prepared to take risks and do things differently.

Telling some upstart wannabe umpiring director to "**** off!" because he won't let you organize a bunch of kids who are kicking to the wrong end of the ground isn't exactly bullying.
Geez bullying and abusing some teenager in a children's match, what a tough guy.

With this sort of attitude and muppets defending it no wonder so few young people want to take up umpiring, then of course people complain about how crap the standard at is at AFL level..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back