• May 29

• June

• July

• August

• September

• Season will be scrapped and Round 1 2021 will be the next game

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No there won’t unless we re beset with cruise ships and umpteen inbound international flights . That was the catalysts for the first wave , it’s just Like smothering a fire , you put out the ignition source first ,,,read my lips there won’t be a bloody second wave
Oh, I didn't realise we'd put out the ignition source. High fives, hugs and tongue kisses all round.

Oh, I didn't realise we'd put out the ignition source. High fives, hugs and tongue
kisses all round.
Yep No cruise ships allowed to dock and no sign of international flights incoming for some time yet
Have you got another theory on how the virus got here ?
They were the fire starters and there’s no escaping that

Yep No cruise ships allowed to dock and no sign of international flights incoming for some time yet
Have you got another theory on how the virus got here ?
They were the fire starters and there’s no escaping that
The point is, it's here. It's not gone. It hasn't disappeared. We haven't eradicated it. We were on the way to eliminating it but then the meatworks combined with a bunch of Karens whinging about golf and such has made that unlikely.

That game broke me at the time but looking back we were one of the top 3 or 4 sides in 2015 and on the cusp of a flag - most of the "footy experts" don't acknowledge this they just look at 2016 and think **** the Tigers came from nowhere to pinch the 2017 flag when in fact it was just a natural progression from 3 years of making finals and bombing out and then some hard more lessons learnt in 2016 and early 2017.

There's a few enjoyable games from 2015:
v Freo at Subi
v Hawks
v Swans
v Pies x 2
Didn’t big Ty kick 6 against the Pies and we won by 15 goals. Missus didn’t talk to me for over 24 hours. Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There shouldn’t be a season. It’s just not going to work.
Yeah think I agree. I understand the need to try to get one going but you only have to look how hard the SA Govt decision makes it and You can bet if and when it does get going there will be a small outbreak somewhere that *s something up.
The odds are really stacked against it working well unfortunately.

Yeah think I agree. I understand the need to try to get one going but you only have to look how hard the SA Govt decision makes it and You can bet if and when it does get going there will be a small outbreak somewhere that fu**s something up.

Agree with you, but by the same token I'm really interested to see how the competition copes, what minimisation steps are taken - how many games can be played before someone becomes infected, and whether it triggers any outbreak at all. It's almost a bit of test case for the wider community because it's so visual. It delivers more meaning once you are closer connected. Don't mistake me, I'm desperately hoping no one contracts it, be it footy or someone on the street, but I think it will fuel knowledge about what lengths we all need to move toward to remain safe in our own daily lives, even you Mr Bo.... ;)

Yeah think I agree. I understand the need to try to get one going but you only have to look how hard the SA Govt decision makes it and You can bet if and when it does get going there will be a small outbreak somewhere that fu**s something up.
As long as there is no 2nd outbreak I think its fairly unlikely a player tests positive. Australia is sitting at around 100 new cases each week, has done so for 3 weeks now. Even with eased restrictions nationwide over the last week this hasn't increased. If it stays there, only ~2400 people will get infected in Australia, so about 1 in 10k. And allowing for 44 players and 25 staff at each club, plus 100 umpires across the league, there's only 1342 people for which a positive test will stop the season. It's clearly a real possibility it happens, but you wouldn't expect it.

As long as there is no 2nd outbreak I think its fairly unlikely a player tests positive. Australia is sitting at around 100 new cases each week, has done so for 3 weeks now. Even with eased restrictions nationwide over the last week this hasn't increased. If it stays there, only ~2400 people will get infected in Australia, so about 1 in 10k. And allowing for 44 players and 25 staff at each club, plus 100 umpires across the league, there's only 1342 people for which a positive test will stop the season. It's clearly a real possibility it happens, but you wouldn't expect it.
I know what you’re saying but I lost a bit of belief this last few weeks. Knowing a few involved directly and indirectly around the meat place thing and how ignorant and blasé they were and still are doesn’t fill me with much optimism.

It's possible and it could really stuff things up, especially if anyone escapes the hub and gets it.

The Virus doesn't respond to averages though, it responds to proximity. I want to agree with you, but one bad luck moment, one unwitting connection could start a chain of events that would blow any equation of averages out the window.

Last edited:
Back