• May 29

• June

• July

• August

• September

• Season will be scrapped and Round 1 2021 will be the next game

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I’ve seen this week, two-bit protestors and aholes who can’t practice social distancing will f it up for everyone else. Odds on. Second wave etc.
I'm betting eipuorg_ ,s Dungeon everyone will do the right thing.

I demand that footy does not return until Jeff Hogg is reinstated as our spearhead
Long live Jeff hogg

Spearhead and Captain thank you very much - who trades their Captain. Oh yeah, us.... ;)

From what I’ve seen this week, two-bit protestors and aholes who can’t practice social distancing will f it up for everyone else. Odds on. Second wave etc.

Yep, interesting research conducted in mid-April by the American Baseball league, herd immunity not as prevalent as first thought. Research on a sample of around 5000 found only 0.7 had coronavirus antibodies, and that 70 percent of those testing positive had been asymptomatic. The article is short on clarity if you ask me, but, 5000 is a reasonable sample, even if it was skewed by being predominately white collar, it's still substantial enough to suggest this whole herd immunity think might not be the ideal goal that keeps being offered up as a solution.

The two-bit protestors and aholes are as good a chance, if not more so, of becoming coronavirus suffers just by virtue of their public behaviour. There was an American who was calling the whole Coronavirus a hoax apparently, caught it and is no longer with us. Sad, but hey, you fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool a virus easily.

looks like footy training in Vic can start back up as of Wednesday.

will be interesting if the AFL put a halt on vic clubs training as a full team until the other states are in the clear to also train as a team.

just start the comp up again without sa and wa teams

they can come back next year if they are good boys

looks like footy training in Vic can start back up as of Wednesday.

will be interesting if the AFL put a halt on vic clubs training as a full team until the other states are in the clear to also train as a team.
I thought there was still a 10 per group for outside events even from Wednesday???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there was still a 10 per group for outside events even from Wednesday???
I took it as for regular punters like us the 10 person rule applies.

But for elite sporting teams they can train as normal with special permission granted.

Otherwise it made no sense to even mention them as they would have just fallen under the same 10 person rule as us?

I took it as for regular punters like us the 10 person rule applies.

But for elite sporting teams they can train as normal with special permission granted.

Otherwise it made no sense to even mention them as they would have just fallen under the same 10 person rule as us?
It could be, I must admit I haven't had time yet to look into the detail...

Just saw this tweet from fox footy.

Sounds promising!

thats great...

Are there still quarantine issues when returning to certain states?

Or theoretically, the AFL can pressure the other states to make a change and training can begin say next week?

Victoria is currently the state doing the worst regarding Covid.
We have had at least 10 new cases every day for the last week.
No other state has had over 10 new cases any day this month so far.

Just saw this tweet from fox footy.

Sounds promising!

Yes, AND I think also said they must have exclusive use of the training facility - shouldn't be too difficult to acheive you would think, but, does mean if Collingwood use a certain paddock, it has to be exclusive to them? Not sure how that might work give the general public can walk on some of the training Ovals etc touch fences and in Sydney's case, climb goal posts ;)

So......if there were 100 pop up retail stores at the mcg...how many of us could attend?

Yes, AND I think also said they must have exclusive use of the training facility - shouldn't be too difficult to acheive you would think, but, does mean if Collingwood use a certain paddock, it has to be exclusive to them? Not sure how that might work give the general public can walk on some of the training Ovals etc touch fences and in Sydney's case, climb goal posts ;)

I still don't think Fox are correct. There may be Victorian exemptions but we have 4 other states to deal with and, in a National Comp, one state cannot have an advantage over another.
Both WA and SA have different group training number thresholds.

So the AFL will make a call to ensure all teams are equal when training restarts.

I know preparations have been made for groups. Other states will have to change for full training.

Haere Ra

Back