When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

I wonder which rebuild they will be comparing themselves to by then?

4/5 years ago it was Blues v Lions....Lions are off playing in PFs now.

Sydney have rebuilt and left Carlton in their wake, Melbourne too.

Probably be some Carlton v Essendon threads next

Also wouldn't be surprised if the Roos or Hawks even push past them too.
They have spent half of this thread pointing out the parallels between Carlton now and Richmond pre-2017.

And don't forget that in 2012 they were comparing themselves to Geelong in 2006.

There is a thread as evidence...

Last edited:
They have spent half of this thread pointing out the parallels between Carlton now and Richmond pre-2017.

And don't forget that in 2012 they were comparing themselves to Geelong in 2006.

They are below us on the ladder at rd 9 but they did smack Essendon by 16 points mate.

They've arrived!!

Especially with 8 out.

Wait.

Last week it was half your best 22, then 9, now 8.

Can't keep up.

Imagine for a moment, you're a side that's gone and spent $1.6 million dollars on two players and have publicly stated the expectation is finals, and now you're hanging your hat on beating a side that was universally expected to be bottom 4, if not bottom 2.

Then, you roll out a side that's older and more experienced than Melbourne, lose by 26 points and sit 13th on the ladder.

If beating Essendon by 16 is a thumping, then surely that means you got thumped by the Bulldogs when they beat you by 16? And I don't even know what that makes the 26 point loss against Melbourne. An obliteration?

Wait.

Last week it was half your best 22, then 9, now 8.

Can't keep up.

Imagine for a moment, you're a side that's gone and spent $1.6 million dollars on two players and have publicly stated the expectation is finals, and now you're hanging your hat on beating a side that was universally expected to be bottom 4, if not bottom 2.

Then, you roll out a side that's older and more experienced than Melbourne, lose by 26 points and sit 13th on the ladder.

If beating Essendon by 16 is a thumping, then surely that means you got thumped by the Bulldogs when they beat you by 16? And I don't even know what that makes the 26 point loss against Melbourne. An obliteration?

If that helps you come to terms with the smacking (with 8 out) then sure, why not.

Yep...they don't like people pointing out their builds are more like Dees late 2000s or Suns early 2010s

They never bothered to surround kids with quality on-field leadership.

If that helps you come to terms with the smacking (with 8 out) then sure, why not.
Stop, it's embarrassing. We're in a bad position and season (sadly) no the line already. No time to think a 16 point eeking of a win was in any way good. We should've buried them but couldn't because the clubs well behind where it expected to be.

Unfortunately this club right now doesn’t have the stucture or depth to deal with any form issues, injuries etc and this is why they are where they are right now.

I don’t know what to think of Carlton and their quest to get up the ladder long term. But I would like to just see the team run out there with Curnow, Fisher, McGovern etc instead of some of the plodders who keep getting games.

Exactly right !!

As I heard Jimmy Bartel today crucified our structures, decision making and ball use all game. He’s exactly right.

Week in week out it’s the same thing. For the first time in decades I question our coaching and game style. It is just amateur and makes no sense at all. We bomb away blindly and don’t defend.

Until this is fixed it’s hard to judge our players. What I do believe is that any list with a core of Cripps Walsh McKay Weitering Jones Saad Williams should be better than it’s currently producing

Finally taken the blinkers off, good to see.

Stop, it's embarrassing. We're in a bad position and season (sadly) no the line already. No time to think a 16 point eeking of a win was in any way good. We should've buried them but couldn't because the clubs well behind where it expected to be.

The top teams don’t bury Carlton yet somehow we are miles off it?

The club is behind where it expected to be 9 games into 2021 but getting belted in an elimination final this year wouldn’t change anything. Still plenty of improvement to come from Cripps, Williams, Doc and Saad alone, not to mention those on our injury list. Did you have us winning flags this year?

And btw, there’s nothing embarrassing about beating the Bombers. They genuinely thought they had a chance in that game, hence the 10 of them running to this thread trolling after we coasted through them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top teams don’t bury Carlton yet somehow we are miles off it?

The club is behind where it expected to be 9 games into 2021 but getting belted in an elimination final this year wouldn’t change anything. Still plenty of improvement to come from Cripps, Williams, Doc and Saad alone, not to mention those on our injury list. Did you have us winning flags this year?

And btw, there’s nothing embarrassing about beating the Bombers. They genuinely thought they had a chance in that game, hence the 10 of them running to this thread trolling after we coasted through them.

As Gerard Healy said the other night we are so close but so far away. Never a truer statement made

Finally taken the blinkers off, good to see.
Cheeky bugger.....
Like Soapy, I believe we have the list to be playing finals. Unfortunately coaching and primarily development is not up to standard.
The on field divide is getting greater. The Bolton days made a divide between the kids, the experienced and the blokes purely traded/drafted to
support and protect the kids.
Now we have Teaguey applying different standards to different players and the big contracts paid to some recent arrivals and Mitch McGovern during
the SOS era have totally blown the TPP management controls that SOS had implemented. Back to square one.

I pray Power and co can develop these kids and some of them are as good as we hope. We seem to have demotivated a growing list of what should be new generation players SPS, Setters, Dow, Kennedy, LOB, maybe Stocker. (must admit underwhelmed by Stock's midfield time after great anticipation)
Our mids from Crippa through to Stocker seem to be coached to hold their feet. Setters, Dow etc are bending from the waist rather than getting down and dirty to distribute. All want to get the clearance rather than contribute and dish it out, if that makes sense?

Very disheartened today. I have faith in a great many players but despairing at the lack of cohesion, playing for each other and the structures.

Pallease ............ you have been told by many others that this is a big issue but have railed against it.

It wasn't the 'facts', it was your blind optimism which has kept you in the dark.

Maybe I don't jump at shadows and want clear facts over a proper period. I have never been a fan of Teague's coaching but he had to be given a chance.

Something a lot of footy fans (Carlton supporters especially) may not have looked at.

What do the following players all have in common :

Luke Parks
Eddie Betts
Mathew Cottrell
Mathew Owies
Adam Saad
Josh Honey
Levi Casboult
Michael Gibbons
Ed Curnow
Nic Newman
Zac Williams

Below average-average and are overpaid. Would not get a game in any of the current top 8.

Cheeky bugger.....
Like Soapy, I believe we have the list to be playing finals. Unfortunately coaching and primarily development is not up to standard.
The on field divide is getting greater. The Bolton days made a divide between the kids, the experienced and the blokes purely traded/drafted to
support and protect the kids.
Now we have Teaguey applying different standards to different players and the big contracts paid to some recent arrivals and Mitch McGovern during
the SOS era have totally blown the TPP management controls that SOS had implemented. Back to square one.

I pray Power and co can develop these kids and some of them are as good as we hope. We seem to have demotivated a growing list of what should be new generation players SPS, Setters, Dow, Kennedy, LOB, maybe Stocker. (must admit underwhelmed by Stock's midfield time after great anticipation)
Our mids from Crippa through to Stocker seem to be coached to hold their feet. Setters, Dow etc are bending from the waist rather than getting down and dirty to distribute. All want to get the clearance rather than contribute and dish it out, if that makes sense?

Very disheartened today. I have faith in a great many players but despairing at the lack of cohesion, playing for each other and the structures.

100% agree. Want to judge the coaching look at how many players have improved this year. McKay, Walsh..............................?

Says a lot about culture and standards when big names recruits like McGovern & Williams are allowed to play when they aren't properly prepared.

We have a good enough core which is why it can turn quick.

Coaching, conditioning and development of those around them leaves a lot to be desired. Things that sadly won’t be changed at round 10.

We have the talent but it's not being developed. Conditioning is a huge issue and a major issue between Teague & Russell. Teague is playing players against Russell's recommendations

When you have drafted talent like Dow SPS Fisher O'Brien Cuningham Durdin Williamson Ramsay Philp Honey Setterfield Cottrell and NONE are really stepping up that is a Development/Coaching issue.

Playing Cripps with a fractured back, Casboult with a chronic knee is just stupid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back