When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

McKay won’t sign a huge deal yet he’ll sign for another 2 which takes him to FA status.
I would say there's a fair chance that this is part of the hold up with his contract. Fairly common for young, up and coming players who are about to hit their straps to look for shorter deals that take to FA so they can check their worth on the open market. Doesn't necessarily mean he wants out, but I wouldn't be surprised if money per year has pretty much been agreed on, but he wants 2 years and the club wants to lock him up for 4-5.
Smart from both sides. Just hope he signs on, don't care if it's 2 or 5yrs. If it's only 2, then we have to trust the club to show him enough reasons to stay after that contract and hopefully for under market value.

Very funny mate, how many members has your team got or should i say how many loyal supporters?
You tell me. Go talk about it in the designated thread in Bay 13 like I've been told to before.

Couldn't care if I was my clubs only supporter as long as I get to watch them. Especially watch them win. I don't base my worth off whether my club gives 20,000 free memberships away or not.

Carlton fans literally have no material except vfl flags and members, it is quite entertaining.

Plus Jaksch, Whiley, Lamb, Phillips, Sumner, Williams, Palmer...

Only Sumner and Jaksch were former first round Giants. So 7 in total.

But 38 first round draft picks (not including gun pre-selections in Treloar, Shiel and Cameron) is an embarrassment of riches for such mild output.

If the pampered Giants cop another bad season we might see their coterie members heading back to support the Raiders on weekends.

But 38 first round draft picks (not including gun pre-selections in Treloar, Shiel and Cameron) is an embarrassment of riches for such mild output.

If the pampered Giants cop another bad season we might see their coterie members heading back to support the Raiders on weekends.
"Mild output"😂😂😂

Speaking of "mild output" let's cherry pick some history

1986 GF, Hawthorn with only two interstate players easily account for Carlton who had purchased Kernahan, Rhys-Jones, Bradley, Dorotich, Hunter and Motley from the top of the market and still couldn't win

How many other clubs have ever had unrestricted access to that calibre of players at their peak?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this:

"Carlton, meanwhile, had been able to pay at least four highly-paid star recruits - Stephen Kernahan, Craig Bradley, Peter Motley and Jon Dorotich - outside of the salary cap for three years from 1987 - when the Blues won the flag - and subsequently joined Hawthorn, Collingwood and other clubs in taking the amnesty in 1994."

Pretty handy players to have as extras

So don't talk about mild outputs

And this:

"Carlton, meanwhile, had been able to pay at least four highly-paid star recruits - Stephen Kernahan, Craig Bradley, Peter Motley and Jon Dorotich - outside of the salary cap for three years from 1987 - when the Blues won the flag - and subsequently joined Hawthorn, Collingwood and other clubs in taking the amnesty in 1994."

What's the point you are trying to make? Plenty of clubs brought in interstate players.

"Mild output"😂😂😂

Speaking of "mild output" let's cherry pick some history

1986 GF, Hawthorn with only two interstate players easily account for Carlton who had purchased Kernahan, Rhys-Jones, Bradley, Dorotich, Hunter and Motley from the top of the market and still couldn't win

How many other clubs have ever had unrestricted access to that calibre of players at their peak?

And this:

Triggered.

Great to see you’re making an effort to learn about the great sport of Australian Rules though:thumbsu:

What's the point you are trying to make? Plenty of clubs brought in interstate players.
Yes just like many clubs have first round picks... don't you get the point?

Ok I'll spell it out... Carlton were the RICHEST club who did the MOST interstate recruiting and therefore had a massive, ongoing advantage over other clubs

For mild output

You tell me. Go talk about it in the designated thread in Bay 13 like I've been told to before.

Couldn't care if I was my clubs only supporter as long as I get to watch them. Especially watch them win. I don't base my worth off whether my club gives 20,000 free memberships away or not.

Carlton fans literally have no material except vfl flags and members, it is quite entertaining.
And you dare to tell someone else to take it to the bay, with rubbish like this?
Every single Carlton main board thread ends up resembling something from the bay, and it's usually the same posters, with a few cameos here and there.

And you dare to tell someone else to take it to the bay, with rubbish like this?
Every single Carlton main board thread ends up resembling something from the bay, and it's usually the same posters, with a few cameos here and there.
I'm simply giving it back to old mate. He and the other Carlton user started it when they brought up Dogs premierships for some reason.

I'm simply giving it back to old mate. He and the other Carlton user started it when they brought up Dogs premierships for some reason.
Cool story. I saw Malifice's reply to you earlier. Not sure if it was this thread or another Carlton one, but you've obviously got form and obviously didn't heed his advice.

Cool story. I saw Malifice's reply to you earlier. Not sure if it was this thread or another Carlton one, but you've obviously got form and obviously didn't heed his advice.
Unfortunately I will never get to read his advice because he deletes his comments immediately after posting them.

And that's a separate issue altogether. How about focus on the one we are talking about right now bro, which I did not start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back