Where will the Hawks be at next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hook, line and sinker. ;)

JokerEdit3.gif

Hawks are top 8 next year. They will have to wait a while for top 4 again and they are a few injuries and one injunction away from fading back into the insignificant existance that they are used to.
Don't take too much away from 2009. You over-ran us in round 22 when we were missing some pretty key players(Franko+Rough come to mind), and we had others either down on form or just too young to make a fist of it( Milne, Shiels, Savage).

Franklin, Roughead, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne and Rioli.
That's some grade A talent right there.
If everyone get's out on the park and lifts 5% we'll be there abouts in September.

Don't take too much away from 2009. You over-ran us in round 22 when we were missing some pretty key players(Franko+Rough come to mind), and we had others either down on form or just too young to make a fist of it( Milne, Shiels, Savage).

Franklin, Roughead, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne and Rioli.
That's some grade A talent right there.
If everyone get's out on the park and lifts 5% we'll be there abouts in September.

Haven't you heard. Rioli is coming home to the bombers next contract?

You know where his cousin played, and the club that looked after him as a teenager.

Burgoyne cant walk, Hodge can't Move, Franklin cant play without his drugs, roughead will get distracted as he might get laid for the first time this year, Sewell is waking up in the middle of the night screaming "th 3.37pm Lloyd Train is coming right at me" & Mitchell is busy babysitting Campbell Brown holding a tissue to his face to dry the tears away. A grade talent just went from 9th to 14th!

Go Bombers......

never wish injuries on another team or player. It's a dog act, & injuries dilute the quality of the footy.

In any case, you want to beat them at full-strength - gives them nowhere to hide ;)

Exactly. Our early season victory was worth more then the round 22 clash.......

But we smashed em in both anyway :p

Haven't you heard. Rioli is coming home to the bombers next contract?

You know where his cousin played, and the club that looked after him as a teenager.

Burgoyne cant walk, Hodge can't Move, Franklin cant play without his drugs, roughead will get distracted as he might get laid for the first time this year, Sewell is waking up in the middle of the night screaming "th 3.37pm Lloyd Train is coming right at me" & Mitchell is busy babysitting Campbell Brown holding a tissue to his face to dry the tears away. A grade talent just went from 9th to 14th!

Go Bombers......
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a post! lmfao @ that.

As i've said before, i see many similarities in the Australia v NZ rivalry in the cricket and this one.
It's called an inferiority complex.

They want to beat us more than anyone and continually mouth off about this and that, however whislte we do bite back from time to time and enjoy beating them up.... the truth is we're one of the genuine big players and have bigger fish to fry - each year Carlton x 2 and pies on ANZAC day for a start...

there's no rationale for that statement

If not us, then who?

Geelong- Lack of hunger after proving themselves, lots of older players on their last legs.
St.Kilda- Had the league's best run of injuries this year, odds of that happening twice in a row? Also an Aeging list and far too much reliance on Riewoldt. (who already has knee issues)
Bulldogs- Aeging list, Aker, Johnno & Hall are all well past their best. Got as far this year as they can possibly go, IMO.
Brisbane- Will be up there if Fev can function well in their gameplan. (that remains to be seen)
Adelaide- Very much unproven, woeful finals record. Possible but not definite contender.
Carlton- Haha.
Essendon- Haha.

Of course we will be challenging for the flag in 2010. Anyone who says otherwise is either blind as a bat or simply jealous.

But whatever. I don't even know why I bother humoring you people.

If not us, then who?

Geelong- Lack of hunger after proving themselves, lots of older players on their last legs.
St.Kilda- Had the league's best run of injuries this year, odds of that happening twice in a row? Also an Aeging list and far too much reliance on Riewoldt. (who already has knee issues)
Bulldogs- Aeging list, Aker, Johnno & Hall are all well past their best. Got as far this year as they can possibly go, IMO.
Brisbane- Will be up there if Fev can function well in their gameplan. (that remains to be seen)
Adelaide- Very much unproven, woeful finals record. Possible but not definite contender.
Carlton- Haha.
Essendon- Haha.

Of course we will be challenging for the flag in 2010. Anyone who says otherwise is either blind as a bat or simply jealous.

Notice you conveniently ignored your team's terrible ruck department and backline.

Your line of reasoning is that you will challenge for a flag because of misfortunes that will strike all of the other contenders. Typical Hawthorn Bradbury mentality. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notice you conveniently ignored your team's terrible ruck department and backline.
Did you see our ruck department in 2008. pretty similar to what we have now, albeit we'll be looking for back up in the draft. We don't need a dominant ruck to win the midfield battle. People overrate the rucks effect on a team in modern football.
And our backline is on par, if not better than in 2008 once everyone is on the park.

Did you see our ruck department in 2008. pretty similar to what we have now, albeit we'll be looking for back up in the draft. We don't need a dominant ruck to win the midfield battle. People overrate the rucks effect on a team in modern football.
And our backline is on par, if not better than in 2008 once everyone is on the park.
Yeah, so you're basically on par or worse than you were 2 years ago. Wow, look out everyone.

Too bad the game changes and you have to keep on improving. It's that exact attitude of we're already good enough that will be your downfall. Oh, no big deal we picked a dud in Thorp over Joel Selwood, our midfield is good enough as it is. :rolleyes:

Hint: you're not good enough any more. Teams have figured you out. You weren't down 88-4 at half time because of 'injuries'. The majority of your team are an overrated pack of spuds that luckily had everything go right for them in one particular year. No top 4 for you in 2010.

If not us, then who?

Carlton- Haha.
Essendon- Haha.

Geelong- A gun side with two of the past three brownlow medallists, one of which is the best player in the competition
St.Kilda- Gun side with another gun pick-up in Lovett this season, who will again challenge for a premiership. BS about an aging side, except in the ruck deparment, and they still have McEvoy there
Bulldogs- Got what they needed with Barry Hall, and will challenge for the flag next season. Will be right up there again.
Adelaide- Have a good solid defence, middle and forward line, will finish top 4 next season.
Brisbane- With Fev they'll dominate. 'nuff said
Essendon- Who beat Hawthorn twice this year, first time by 44 points, with their superstar forwards? It was Essendon.
Collingwood- Should dominate as well, they have just got to get more consistent against better sides
Carlton- I actually agree with you.

You will finish 5-8, not top 4, probably not challenging the premiership

If not us, then who?

Carlton- Haha.
Essendon- Haha.
Hawthorn- Haha, no depth, couldn't even get in the finals after winning a flag. Lost some key players who they haven't really replaced. Their game plan has been worked out, and some of their younger players played well above themselves in their pinched Premiership

Swap the 2010 for 2009 & it's the same garbage you would have been sprouting last year. How did that work out for you?

You're on our board champ, we're the ones forced to do the humouring here :rolleyes:

If not us, then who?

Carlton- Haha.
Essendon- Haha.

A bit of a glass jaw there bosk. If you dont like it over here you can always stick to your own board and make up conspiracy theories and talk about recruiting every possible player that becomes available. Nathan Caroll lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, so you're basically on par or worse than you were 2 years ago. Wow, look out everyone.

Too bad the game changes and you have to keep on improving. It's that exact attitude of we're already good enough that will be your downfall. Oh, no big deal we picked a dud in Thorp over Joel Selwood, our midfield is good enough as it is. :rolleyes:

Hint: you're not good enough any more. Teams have figured you out. You weren't down 88-4 at half time because of 'injuries'. The majority of your team are an overrated pack of spuds that luckily had everything go right for them in one particular year. No top 4 for you in 2010.
Such an insightful post. Fascinating.

Well you are the one who keeps coming back to read it. If you do not like what is being said then go back to your own board and stop posting short one liners that add nothing to the quality of the discusion at all.

Maybe you can think about the next express you are going to get on as the Thorp Express seems to have run out of steam.

....and your posts have all of us holding our breath waiting for the next one, thats how insightful and fascinating they are... Piss off back to your own board with all your other Hawthorn supporting flogs..

What's a career-ending foot injury between friends! Croad's relied on his leap his whole career - he ain't getting back at age 30.

I also saw your 2010 ruck department of Renouf and Taylor going around this year a few times and they were woeful. Surely you spotted that? Your midfield was at pretty close to full strength when you played us in Rd 22 and we thrashed it.

What's a career-ending foot injury between friends! Croad's relied on his leap his whole career - he ain't getting back at age 30.

I also saw your 2010 ruck department of Renouf and Taylor going around this year a few times and they were woeful. Surely you spotted that? Your midfield was at pretty close to full strength when you played us in Rd 22 and we thrashed it.

Your midfield trashed us? Come on Crusher, did you forget the first half of the game? You only got on top when you took out the guy who was dominating the midfield, making no longer "full strength".

Our Ruck combo, isn't great, isn't terrible. Robbie Campbell wasn't a great ruckman, but learnt how to be serviceable, if Taylor can go 10 minutes without doing something stupid, he can fill the same role.

As for Backline, yeah, Croady, a loss. Other than that, we've added Shoey, Gilham is back on the park, and we now have Gibbo as another option on tall forwards. I think it's at least as strong as 2008, if not better.

FWIW, Rucks, you've got us covered, Backs, yeah, got us covered. But, Forwards, we have you covered easily, and midfield, well, barely a contest. Look forward to next year boys.

By the way, I am becoming amazed with TeamHurley's obsession with the Hawks. First I noticed his attack on Robbie Campbell, which I found amazing, and now this tripe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back