Where will you be when Smith slots a goal from 80?

Remove this Banner Ad

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
As the title states... ;)

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't have the greatest foot skills as they can be a little unreliable, but he's got an incredibly penetrating kick. See that kick today inside 50 to Gunston, it went at least 60. He's got that funny side-on type kicking style, means you’re having a big hoof, can’t wait to see him slot one from long range in the future.

I know the kick you mean. It is a simple answer though, he needs to find more of it to give himself a chance to use that leg.

Smiths footskills are awesome when he is in the mood/has the space to use them properly.

Going to be a very good player when he gets a bit of meat about him. Slowly becoming one of my fav players behind special J and Rutten.

Are we talking bouncing threw or in mid air?

I'd like to see him hit a few more people on the chest.

he'll need a breeze so won't be at etihad geoffa.

I'm thinking I'll be in bay 115, row s and watching it sail towards me from the outer wing. it'll then bend back and bounce top of the vacant square and bounce through.

Today maybe? ;)

Big test for Brodes today, I hope he enjoys the experience and learns from playing alongside some of the games best.

Unfortunately we never know what's going to happen where or when, for instance there was a horse race at Launceston last Sunday where the winner was Dangerous Geegee (Dangerfield), second was Drummond (Drummond) and third was Neil's Gold (Craig). Hope you had part of the trifecta which payed $19,247 here in Victoria.

Sleeping, in bed dreaming about it. :D
Doubt he will ever kick one from 80, but his kicked a few from 60 back in his under 18 days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sleeping, in bed dreaming about it. :D
Doubt he will ever kick one from 80, but his kicked a few from 60 back in his under 18 days
Yeah lets be honest, his kick is weird, but it can be very, very damaging because it's penetrating and has lots of carry. I'm a massive fan.

Yeah lets be honest, his kick is weird, but it can be very, very damaging because it's penetrating and has lots of carry. I'm a massive fan.

Feels like the only thing stopping Smith from being really damaging is his mindset. and that should come.

Right now he's still finding his way, coming along nicely and doing the role asked of him (presumably) but when he gets confident enough to use his kick as a weapon, watch out!

Called His and Hendos before it happened. Got me more excited than I would have otherwise been.

When smith gets a bit more bulk about him watch out, will be a gun!

So, who were the idiots who said drop him?

Feels like the only thing stopping Smith from being really damaging is his mindset. and that should come.

Right now he's still finding his way, coming along nicely and doing the role asked of him (presumably) but when he gets confident enough to use his kick as a weapon, watch out!

Mindset and body size. He's still a good 8-10kg's off being an ideal playing weight. He still lacks a lot of confidence around the contested situations and is quite easily pushed off the ball at times. For mine, he is very much an inside midfielder, who has a good outside game, but his current lack of body size prevents him from playing his natural game. Once he gets above the 85kg mark (currently 78kg), he will be far more confident around the contests and I think we'll really start to develop into an A-grade midfielder.

Mindset and body size. He's still a good 8-10kg's off being an ideal playing weight. He still lacks a lot of confidence around the contested situations and is quite easily pushed off the ball at times. For mine, he is very much an inside midfielder, who has a good outside game, but his current lack of body size prevents him from playing his natural game. Once he gets above the 85kg mark (currently 78kg), he will be far more confident around the contests and I think we'll really start to develop into an A-grade midfielder.
This is exactly why I think he is going to be a gun. He is playing an un-natural role for him and doing it at AFL level. Imagine what he is going to do when he can play the role he played growing up.

This is exactly why I think he is going to be a gun. He is playing an un-natural role for him and doing it at AFL level. Imagine what he is going to do when he can play the role he played growing up.
:thumbsu: yep get on early ....this guy WILL BE a gun player .....highly underated by supporters

He is an inside midfielder !!!! ....that is playing HB due to his lack of weight

He's been put there to learn the defensive side and use run and penetrating kick off HB .....but he was a clearance machine a U18 and will be at AFL level.

Why? .....he's got a great ability to get boot to ball quickly ......and he has no fear

another 8kgs and a bit more experience .....just watch out

Lucky to still be in the side after the Carlton game. Last night was a par performance.
yeah that's a fair assessment .....but for all the "keep playing youngsters" loby Group ......they must be happy that we are persisting with Smith, Jenkins, Talia, & Wright.

Lucky to still be in the side after the Carlton game. Last night was a par performance.

He is a role player atm... he is nowhere near being dropped. Very honest performer against some very damaging half forwards.

Both he and Sloane seem to be spending a fair chunk of time in the backline at the expense of big numbers, a ploy by Sando to help improve their defensive game perhaps? Will be great to see them both on their day when it occurs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back