Remove this Banner Ad

PLEASE NOTE

Please note this is a celebration thread for Brodie Smith

Positive comments only

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look, we all know his form has been average to start 2024, but he’s clearly going to play this week so let’s celebrate what has been a very good career. Drugs Are Bad Mackay?, Scorpus and relapse I hope you can help out here and keep this thread to celebrating his career, there are plenty of other threads for people to whinge about selection.

Anyway, what’s your favourite Brodie Smith highlight? The first goal of our GWS qualifying final win in 2017 was massive! Trademark Brodie long bomb from outside 50 on the run. Crowd was as loud as I’ve ever heard it.

Last edited:
I feel like his game was severely hampered by his ACL and then concussions. Was absolutely flying before then
Played their part also a severe lack of motivation to plug away in a rebuild after experiencing the ‘highs’ of finals & competing at the pointy end of the ladder led to just doing the bare minimum under Nicks. Can’t blame him for it as it’s human nature & common in every professional sport worldwide that once you accept you’re never going to achieve your main goal you set out for when you were younger you just look to tick those boxes and bank as many cheques as you possibly can.

I feel like his game was severely hampered by his ACL and then concussions. Was absolutely flying before then
Never easy the year straight after an ACL (2019), then had to deal with the COVID year and a full scale rebuild. Thought he had his best season since 2017 in 2023.

Seems the type to go into coaching after retiring, does a lot of work with our younger defenders already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For such an awkward kicking style, it was super effective in his prime.

I remember a preseason early on where he was flying as a midfielder and got a cruel injury, which set him back. He never really got near playing midfield again but had a great career as a half back.

His first game was a highlight for me. You always love to see a first rounder play early, and he played in that great comeback anniversary Round 1 match against Hawthorn and did bloody well. I recall a lovely run down the wing and good delivery.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a heads up, the thread creator has specifically requested for this to a positive only thread.

All negative or sarcastic posts will be deleted

Can I open a version where both positive and negative comments can be posted? Or have the moderators decided they need to mirror the club?

On a positive note, Brodie was one of my favourites. Greased lightning across the ground, would win a ground ball, take 10-15 on foot and then hit up unbelievable targets on crazy angles with 55m darts.

Can I open a version where both positive and negative comments can be posted? Or have the moderators decided they need to mirror the club?

On a positive note, Brodie was one of my favourites. Greased lightning across the ground, would win a ground ball, take 10-15 on foot and then hit up unbelievable targets on crazy angles with 55m darts.

BACCS specifically asked the moderators before creating this thread as to whether he would be able to create a positive thread and keep it as a positive only thread.

In regards to making an alternate thread, as long as it's not a direct copy of this thread and that it's not used to mock this thread then you can create whatever alternative thread you like about Brodie Smith

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back