Roast It's time to talk about Doedee and Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow… after having your arse handed to you as one of the fog detractors over on the Darcy Fogarty thread.. i’m surprised by this take from you..

Fog has played half a dozen bloody good games in a row now and your still writing him off..

keays has played one and you’re jumping up like a jack in the box quoting other posters past comments with some pathetic attempt at a gotcha post.

He had a great game last night but.. Might be wiser to hold fire and see if Keays can repeat it consistently before being a dick about it..
Keays has had a good year and will finish top 5 in our BnF (again) along with Walker, Laird and Dawson. Not sure who the 5th will be but my guess is Smith. He will also be leading our brownlow votes in the first couple of months of the season I suspect, though Laird will pass him for sure. It's not just one game, though it was very good to see him excelling in a new role as it opens up opportunities for others.

I would like to see Frampton take Doedees role for a couple matches. Frampton can intercept and has far better disposal. No guarantee it works and may not be a popular here but id give it a go. The bulldogs game he showed what he could offer in such a role and it looked decent.

Surely now the thought of Frampton coming in is put to bed. Maybe his defence will improve but Worrell already can defend and intercept. Was brilliant last night in some challenging one on ones against bigger bodies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely now the thought of Frampton coming in is put to bed. Maybe his defence will improve but Worrell already can defend and intercept. Was brilliant last night in some challenging one on ones against bigger bodies

Can you imagine if Frampton played on De Koning...

Carlton even tried to isolate Worrell v De Koning I the goal square & he beat him on moat occasions.

Doedee gets ruled out and Worrell has a good game.
Smith gets 10 AFLCA votes.

Who should we make a roast thread about now??

Seems like the club put the blowtorch on both of them.

Doedee - if you're going to play like that * off and get yourself right.

Smith - pull your finger out. The squibbed effort early against Hawthorn set the tone in that game. Been having minimal impact for weeks.

Both had reached a tipping point and were not performing as senior players should.

Hopefully Smith's response was not a one-off O'Brien effort before reverting to the mean. He's a dynamic player when he's on and exactly what our quite dour back half needs.

Unpopular opinion: I thought ROB has been ok the last few weeks
I can't agree Nathan.

ROB was gassed around the 23 minute mark of the 1st quarter & struggled to cover the ground for most of the game.

He is not having anything like the influence he was when he won the gold jacket.

Also, has not taken a single mark as captain in the past 3 weeks... but has dropped plenty!

Hardly elite standard for our leader...

I am fine with Worrell, I just couldn't comment on him previously as I've never seen him play to understand where his game was currently at. We got a look at Frampton earlier in the year & I think he showed he can be a decent intercept type player. Worrell showed plenty on the weekend, more than enough to say that's the path we should explore fully til the end of the year from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back