Roast It's time to talk about Doedee and Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Generally speaking, both have been ordinary this year. If they were rookies would've been dropped weeks ago, making it on name only.

Both of their disposal has been putrid, both get caught with the ball regularly trying to do too much, both fumble. Doedee is being made accountable and he isn't suited to it.

I can't see we'd be losing anything by giving someone else a go. I could accept Smith playing at HFF where he's punching to the goal square or having shots, try him elsewhere or out. Worrell in for Doedee. I wouldn't be against trading Doedee if this year is indicative of his future output and the trade is good. Although he's a ripper bloke and speaks well, gives a good image, but we need more.

Where does everyone else see them?

Smithers is finished.

Doedee has had a rough year. Had to play as a KPD as a few games. Then when we had two KPD in the side Dawson is playing his role. Has been out of sorts all year. Looks to be sore.

I reckon put the cue in the rack, finish his season. Give Worrell a block of games.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Happy Clappers will go rogue if either are dropped.

Smith is criminally over-rated by many, purely on the fact that he is a local boy.

I would like to see Frampton take Doedees role for a couple matches. Frampton can intercept and has far better disposal. No guarantee it works and may not be a popular here but id give it a go. The bulldogs game he showed what he could offer in such a role and it looked decent.
Yep totally agree. Nick's doesn't though. Smith looks cooked. He should retire early.

Yep totally agree. Nick's doesn't though. Smith looks cooked. He should retire early.
Yep well Worrell to get a look too would be nice but I don't get to watch the SANFL so I can't comment on how his game looks, we got a decent look at Frampton earlier in the year who wasn't great as a one on one defender but did offer some very nice attacking drive so why not play to that strength?

You know Doedee has been bad when fans are suggesting that Frampton take his role. Smithers is done, but unfortunately he'll probably get another one year deal.

Yep well Worrell to get a look too would be nice but I don't get to watch the SANFL so I can't comment on how his game looks, we got a decent look at Frampton earlier in the year who wasn't great as a one on one defender but did offer some very nice attacking drive so why not play to that strength?
When you don't have much on your list at least pick players that are good at something. Frampton can at least intercept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 1 SANFL game I've been to this year Worrell was really good. Completely dominated the backline (with McAsey)

You know Doedee has been bad when fans are suggesting that Frampton take his role. Smithers is done, but unfortunately he'll probably get another one year deal.
I doubt he will get a one year deal. Even those idiots can see he's cooked. We have two years of paying him to play SANFL.

Smith is done. Wouldn't get a game at any other club which shows how stuffed we are. Starts 2023 as a 31yo, that flags he's done.

Doedee made his name as a loose interceptor, oppo coaches have woken up to those types of players. Don't reckon he's much chop one on one nowadays. Has regressed severely. If he's playing injured tip him out for the year and get him right for 2023.

I'll add Milera to thread, another who wouldn't be getting a game elsewhere. Never reached the highs of his pick 11 and is a soft shadow of his former best.

Three players you would have hoped would be a strong part of our rebuild but at present look cooked.

I doubt he will get a one year deal. Even those idiots can see he's cooked. We have two years of paying him to play SANFL.
Those idiots have made a swathe of poor decisions in the past, no need to change now. He'll be re-signed to provide, mmmmm, experience!

Most concerning thing is we've somehow given them leadership roles.

Both offering nothing on the field in terms of football or leadership. Been regularly going missing, especially Smith.

Bit of a trend for our senior players.
What made them think Smith was going to play well until the end of 2024? He should be ooc this year and if he didn't like it I wouldn't said there's the door.

Smith is done, but we don’t have a competent replacement (and no, Laird isn’t returning to defence yet). Moose and Jones aren’t up to that level. Hinge is a solid 2nd or 3rd banana as a rebounder, but he needs someone better beside him. Need to target a dangerous half back through draft or trade in the next couple of offseasons

Doedee I think gets a bit of a bad rap, definitely a down year but I’m not too concerned, it’s not a dramatic drop off in form compared to the good signs he’s shown in the past. Worth persisting with

Smithers is finished.

Doedee has had a rough year. Had to play as a KPD as a few games. Then when we had two KPD in the side Dawson is playing his role. Has been out of sorts all year. Looks to be sore.

I reckon put the cue in the rack, finish his season. Give Worrell a block of games.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great. Another two years of Brodie’s contract to go.

What made them think Smith was going to play well until the end of 2024? He should be ooc this year and if he didn't like it I wouldn't said there's the door.

It is almost like we panicked once we won the spoon and thought we would lose all our players.

No-one should be getting a multi-year contract that sees it end past 31yo. It is just bad list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back