Banter Which Essendon team will claim club's next finals win? - Mens or Womens?

Which Essendon Team will claim club's next finals win?

• Mens

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Womens

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Connar

Team Captain
May 29, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fremantle AFLW Team.
So we are almost at the halfway mark of the 2024 Mens Season and the Dons are sitting third on the ladder and last year we saw the Womens side finished 7th but went down to Geelong in week 1.

So the question is, which Essendon Team will claim club's next finals win? IMO, Womens will! Who agrees?

The option that isn't the Essendon mens team. They're 40-50 years from playing finals.

I actually woke up this morning and said to the missus, "I reckon the main board of big footy doesn't have enough Essendon threads"

And lo and behold!

They're where they are because they bring pressure and work rate every week. I'm still not convinced come finals without a defensive structure and setup that work rate and pressure alone will hold up. Teams in the finals hunt will have both.

Their VFLW team is most likely to win at least 1 final this year, as they have done for the past 3.

AFL team 2nd most likely imo. And I'll go a step further by saying their next finals win will be at the MCG against an MCG tenant (keeping in theme with their post-1999 record, as recently alluded to in the "Marvel curse" thread).

And then the AFLW team, which scraped into finals last year with an easy fixture. A bunch of teams who are approximately just as strong should get more favourable draws this year.

The chance of a finals encounter with Collingwood in all three competitions is plausible, too.

So we are almost at the halfway mark of the 2024 Mens Season and the Dons are sitting third on the ladder and last year we saw the Womens side finished 7th but went down to Geelong in week 1.

So the question is, which Essendon Team will claim club's next finals win? IMO, Womens will! Who agrees?

No one cares. Try to get out more and ponder more meaningful things.

I reckon both probably will before Freo or Hawthorn.

Back