Which five world athletes would make the best transition into the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

I vote #1 - Kelly Slater

kelly_body_17bmp6s-17bmp96.jpg

Would be the best balanced and most courageous player in the league. How many other current players would be brave enough to tackle Pipeline or Teahupo'o when they're on? Also has great hand to eye coordination - plays off a 2 handicap in golf.

Would also shake-up the WAGs scene - Pamela Anderson, Giselle Bundschen, Marisa Miller and Cameron Diaz among old girlfriends.

marisa-miller-ralph-magazine-may-2008-03.jpg

Oh Marisa :cool:

Naturally he would prefer to play for the Suns.

Maybe add Durability (injuries) and that's a pretty complete list. Lebron's endurance is crazy. He plays 82-100 games a year is rarely injured and averages high minutes. He also almost never tires. He is an absolute machine.

How that would translate to an AFL game is hard to tell. AFL is one of the most physically taxing sports in the world.

Dangerfield would be awesome in all of those categories. Lebron would bully him physically though.

Basketball players play 40 minutes a night max. That's with ridiculous amounts of stoppages with time outs, free throws.

to put things into perspective, the NFL's 2013 combine results;
top 10 performers:

Average NFL vertical leap = 103cm
Average AFL vertical leap = 90cm
Average NFL 40 yard sprint = 4.34 seconds
Average AFL 20 yard sprint = 2.88 seconds

They smoke our top 10 performers for pure athleticism but it would be interesting to see how they go in the 3km and beep test trials

In Australia it's 20 metres not yards.

Billy Slater and Kawhi Leonard are the two that come to mind straight away for me.

I vote #1 - Kelly Slater

kelly_body_17bmp6s-17bmp96.jpg

Would be the best balanced and most courageous player in the league. How many other current players would be brave enough to tackle Pipeline or Teahupo'o when they're on? Also has great hand to eye coordination - plays off a 2 handicap in golf.

Would also shake-up the WAGs scene - Pamela Anderson, Giselle Bundschen, Marisa Miller and Cameron Diaz among old girlfriends.

marisa-miller-ralph-magazine-may-2008-03.jpg

Oh Marisa :cool:

Naturally he would prefer to play for the Suns.

didn't read a word you wrote….. for obvious reason...

Go Catters

I reckon Larry Fitzerald or Wes Welker from the NFL. Both are tough - AFL tough not NFL tough. By that I mean NFL tough make all receptions over their heads going across the middle get smashed. Not the prima donna post and fly pattern speedy boys - but both Fitz and Welker take their lumps and keep going.

They have great aerial skills and wuld clearly have to work in the kicking skills but I reckon these two would translate well in the forward line leading to the pill, marking and kick sausages..

Go Catters

The problem is there's no way to know.

I would look at rugby union players followed be basketballers first.

The biggest factors in becoming a good footy player is endurance and awareness followed but kicking and marking

Then tackling and handballing.

Forget key backs and key fwds, it's far to big a shift in roles.

Finally you have to have the right mind set. Issi showed that no matter how talented you are without the minds set won't make it.

Are you serious?

Are you? Your only justification for him being a good in and under mid is the fact that he is 185 cm tall.

What other attributes does he have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you? Your only justification for him being a good in and under mid is the fact that he is 185 cm tall.

What other attributes does he have?
As Sydney Bloods said, who would know? I don't and you sure as hell don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back