Whirlpool - Over moderated & biased or paragon of Free Speech?

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw that! Some bug in the ordering system. This is it isn't it?
It's such a weird forum. Well website. The comments section is generally smug little bitches saying it isn't an offer or refuting it or it's the same three blokes commenting half-funny comments on every single 'offer.'

The forum is something else. I get the feeling it's for people who have absolutely no common sense. I remember some Chinese student getting on there and saying he had $10 for the month. His rent and bills were all paid up front (must have lived in student halls). People suggested to go down the Hare Krishnas on Elizabeth Street for a free curry and dahl. Obviously he spoke pidgin English but from what I understand he didn't want to look poor / was a typical middle-class Chinese racist and looked down on their religion.

Peculiar.

Other examples I've seen is people asking things like 'I want a new mail box. Can I build one into a fence and try and charge my neighbour half of the whole cost?'

Tight arses. The worst.

hahaha just on this forum page there now. Some dude goes into a BWS and is charged two dollars more than he should've, gets a $2 coin back, and then proceeds to ask Ozbargain about the 'scanning code of practice' and if he should get his piss for free.

Good old scanning code of practice. First item free then all others of the same item at the reduced price.

Learned this as a kid. Bought a thing of tennis balls for the dog, scanned at $4 instead of $3 or something. Had the $3 ready and looked confused/sad. Girl said I get it for free because the ticket says $4. Probably spent the $3 on a cup of lollies at Target. As a 10 year old or whatever I was I was just happy with the win, little did I know that 25 years later there would be a whole forum dedicated to such stories.

Good old scanning code of practice. First item free then all others of the same item at the reduced price.

Learned this as a kid. Bought a thing of tennis balls for the dog, scanned at $4 instead of $3 or something. Had the $3 ready and looked confused/sad. Girl said I get it for free because the ticket says $4. Probably spent the $3 on a cup of lollies at Target. As a 10 year old or whatever I was I was just happy with the win, little did I know that 25 years later there would be a whole forum dedicated to such stories.
shops dont have to give your the first product free i think, supermarkets etc do it more as goodwill. Dont think harvey norman would risk giving away a tv just because it scanned wrong.

shops dont have to give your the first product free i think, supermarkets etc do it more as goodwill. Dont think harvey norman would risk giving away a tv just because it scanned wrong.

Yeah I think it's a code of conduct you can choose to sign onto or something. And in true cheapskate style as a goodwill thing people go hunting for mistakes to pounce on it.

Supermarkets like Coles do it because if it's something like meat, it's some sort of grounds for a lawsuit.

It's not a like, ya know, law. It's not enforced.

There's a notion in Italy that Italians drive old Fiats but put their time and money into dinner for their family. And that Germans buy the latest Mercedes Benz but park them at Aldi.

I get the feeling most Ozbargainers and Whirlpool users are the latter. The sort of people who would eat uber eats or something and scope out bargains at Woolworths instead of sussing out a cheap local Asian/Italian/Greek deli nearby with good rotating specials. The sort of people who actually go to Aldi who aren't recent migrants or 66-year old baby boomers who're retired, own a desirable house, with 80k in the bank but 'things are a little bit tough at the moment.' The fact most beer specials on there centre around Heineken and Corona is a pretty good example of how being a tight arse can rob you of good things in your life.

I mean ffs a grown man downloading the KFC app and using it four times to get four bits of chicken for 5 bucks, not 11, and not self-analysing it is quite the *in indictment.

Isn't Whirlpool that site that everyone uses to find upcoming graduate programs after the graduate and then never use again?

There's a notion in Italy that Italians drive old Fiats but put their time and money into dinner for their family. And that Germans buy the latest Mercedes Benz but park them at Aldi.

I get the feeling most Ozbargainers and Whirlpool users are the latter. The sort of people who would eat uber eats or something and scope out bargains at Woolworths instead of sussing out a cheap local Asian/Italian/Greek deli nearby with good rotating specials. The sort of people who actually go to Aldi who aren't recent migrants or 66-year old baby boomers who're retired, own a desirable house, with 80k in the bank but 'things are a little bit tough at the moment.' The fact most beer specials on there centre around Heineken and Corona is a pretty good example of how being a tight arse can rob you of good things in your life.

I mean ffs a grown man downloading the KFC app and using it four times to get four bits of chicken for 5 bucks, not 11, and not self-analysing it is quite the ****in indictment.

Aldi is awesome. I was skeptical when it came to Perth (10 years after the rest of the country) that it would just have cheap, imported crap and be a Kmart version of Coles/Woolies. But they have decent stuff, seemingly more local products than Coles/Woolies and it's cheap. Plus you get to walk up the centre aisle and examine the weekly offerings of stuff no one really needs that you wouldn't expect to find in a supermarket.

I don't get people who aren't living hand to mouth bother to go to massive efforts to save small amounts of money. I know the whole 'look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves' thing has some merit but a lot people seem to be penny wise and pound thick.

People will queue to fill up their small car at $1.25/L instead of $1.30 but won't consider taking the train to work. They'll study the Coles and Woolies catalogues but won't walk to the fruit and vege shop barely 50 metres away. Grocery shopping isn't hard. There are always brands of stuff on special and always cheap store branded stuff if you want to save money. I couldn't give a s**t if I have Omo or Radiant or Spree or whatever washing powder in the laundry, but some people are anal about this stuff. I do reckon that a lot of people probably lose more money in wasted food than they save in buying specials. 'Two loaves of bread for $6!' *whole loaf goes in the bin plastic and all*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're forgetting all the 22 year olds earning 85k in their first year out of a commerce degree who stick around...

And everyone has $1m+ in their super at 30, paid off their mortgage in 2 years and has 5+ investment properties.

Not to mention that anyone driving a VW puts one on a fast track to heaven or in bed with the devil.

I mean ffs a grown man downloading the KFC app and using it four times to get four bits of chicken for 5 bucks, not 11, and not self-analysing it is quite the ****in indictment.

We should really start a separate Ozbargain thread. Maybe start it off with the following little gem from a thread about Spudshed's 9c a Kilo special on potatoes, onions and carrots.

adamadam on 31/05/2019 - 09:30
Does it round to 0 if I buy 2cents worth at a time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back