Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
Jus wondering who you think is the worst player your club has pciked up from another AFL club? We should be able to come up with some of the great duds of the game.

For the Bulldogs it would have to be Allan Jackovich from Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Ken Judge was coaching Hawks he got a bloke called (i think) Hayden Kilmartin from WA, top midfielder!! HAHAHA.

Originally posted by crudbucket
Tyson Lane
Justin Staritski
Lee Walker
Tom Floyd
Glenn Maclean
Sam Kekovich
Murray Wrenstead
Lane had a good 1st year and fell away. Walker was a talent but had bung knees. Other notables who didn't perform include Graham Teasedale, George Bissett, Barry Mitchel, Warwick Irwin, Laurie Sandilands, David Young, Garry Shaw, Tony Elshaugh, Adrian McAdam, Peter Bradbury, Ricky O, Andrew Ukovic, that Taylor from Hawthorn and any ruckman from Richmond and now Andrew Williams.

We win.

Thats a pretty good list of mistakes the Pies recruiters have made, but i wouldnt worry most clubs could boast a list that long.

Originally posted by MarkT
Lane had a good 1st year and fell away. Walker was a talent but had bung knees. Other notables who didn't perform include Graham Teasedale, George Bissett, Barry Mitchel, Warwick Irwin, Laurie Sandilands, David Young, Garry Shaw, Tony Elshaugh, Adrian McAdam, Peter Bradbury, Ricky O, Andrew Ukovic, that Taylor from Hawthorn and any ruckman from Richmond and now Andrew Williams.

We win.

From other VFL/AFL clubs:
Grant Fowler, Barry Young, Matthew Dent, Leon Higgins, Kingsley Hunter, Andrew Demetriou, Kim Kershaw, Terry Moore, Stuart Trott, Roger Ellingworth,
Todd Ridley, Austin McCrabb, Jason Daniltchenko, Paul Sharkey (how did Collingwood ever let him go????), Gordon Fode, Randall Bone.....will I go on??

We win!!!;)

John Rombotis at pick 6 in the 96 draft wasnt too good. Tho i guess he did show a bit at Fitzroy, he showed absolutely nothing at Port.

The worst one was probably Darren Fraser at 57 in the 97 draft. Played 2 minutes of a pre season match against the Kangaroos before doing his knee and being delisted at the end of the year. Was in his mid 20s when he was drafted anyway, and despite ending up a premiership player at Port Magpies, you could tell he was never gonna make it at AFL level. Was one of those 'pick from the heart picks' similar to Adam Kingsley (thanks again Mark).

Michael Stevens at pick 5 was a royal shocker as well. Shocking footballer.

Let me think about this one

Trent Croad
Stuart Anderson
Daniel Hargraves
Brendon Fewster
Daniel Metropolis
Dwayne Simpson

And thats not including all those duds we picked up at the very begining.

Originally posted by Ramma
From other VFL/AFL clubs:
Grant Fowler, Barry Young, Matthew Dent, Leon Higgins, Kingsley Hunter, Andrew Demetriou, Kim Kershaw, Terry Moore, Stuart Trott, Roger Ellingworth,
Todd Ridley, Austin McCrabb, Jason Daniltchenko, Paul Sharkey (how did Collingwood ever let him go????), Gordon Fode, Randall Bone.....will I go on??

We win!!!;)

You're joking Ramma...
Brereton / Shane Fell / Scott Russell / Andrew Bomford / Ryan O'Connor / John Hutton / Nick Daffy (was part of the BBBBHall deal though) / Stephen Tingay / Ricky O'Loughlin / David Cordner / Ed Considine / Paul Rouvray / Michael Kennedy / Warren McKenzie / Michael Byrne / Mark Athorn / Stuart Wigney / Paul Atkins / Paul Bryce / Mark Orchard / Jayson Daniels / Kent Butcher / Tony Begovich (!!!) / Brett Allison / Simon Hawking ....

Lord knows why we did so bad early nineties, when we had all these 'stars'.....

Originally posted by eaglerock
for the eagles
trent nichols

Nah. Greg Harding, Michael Prior, David Sierakowski and Mark Merenda would all come in ahead of Nichols (to be fair Siera and Merenda had injury problems that prevented them doing much).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back