Remove this Banner Ad

Lately I found some Old Systems I never used before in:

• PC Engine/Turbografx 16
  • Neo Geo AES
  • Neo Geo CD
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Neo Geo Handheld
Yes I have Played the Sega and Nintendo Consoles.
I play them on my Computer.
So have you played Retro Consoles as well?

I have a games table with 62 games on it - Pacman, Burgertime, Space Invaders, Frogga, 1942, Donkey Kong 1-3 etc.

It gets pulled out at parties or when a mate is over having a few drinks. It's still great fun.

The oldest console I ever owned was an N64 and I still bust that out all the time. That console had amazing games, especially when friends are over.

I just finished a replay of Pokemon Yellow, which I played through Pokemon Stadium because I lost my Game Boy :(.

don't have any consoles, but i still play a few old games on the computer. Age Of Empires I and II mainly. Also been playing Transport Tycoon lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.... A lot of new people to gaming here. I'm a young guy but I have a fair few older systems sitting around. NES, SNES, Megadrive, Commodore64, Atari 2600. There is no way a PSOne or N64 can be considered retro just yet :p

Am loving the retro revival on PC atm, get the gameplay mechanics right and give me an appropriate resolution and I could honestly care less about the graphical fidelity. Case in point, Volgarr the Viking, great little gem recently released.

I'm hoping to build a cabinet one day soon, when my expendable income allows it. Anyone here built one?

Actually I lie. I have the genesis version of The Lion King. That would be the oldest game I have. But I dont actually have a genesis anymore.

I just recently picked up a NES copy of Duck Tales that I'm pretty happy about. The Wii U's gamepad is fantastic for playing a lot of console games I used to play on a handheld device now. I've always wanted to play Super Mario World and Mega Man X on a handheld, so I'm pretty happy.

Anyway, long winded response aside, yeah I play older games. Probably moreso than newer ones.

double-dragon.jpg

Wow.... A lot of new people to gaming here. I'm a young guy but I have a fair few older systems sitting around. NES, SNES, Megadrive, Commodore64, Atari 2600. There is no way a PSOne or N64 can be considered retro just yet :p

Am loving the retro revival on PC atm, get the gameplay mechanics right and give me an appropriate resolution and I could honestly care less about the graphical fidelity. Case in point, Volgarr the Viking, great little gem recently released.

I'm hoping to build a cabinet one day soon, when my expendable income allows it. Anyone here built one?
The PSOne & N64 certainly can be considered retro.

The SNES was considered retro by the time the PS2 hit (maybe even before then). Now that we are entering the fourth generation in the 3D era and it has been 13 years since the PSOne & N64 were their respective companies flagship consoles I think they are very validly considered retro.

A couple of years ago I bought an Atari Flashback which had some of the original classic games on it (including Asteroids and Bricks and maybe even Pong), but it got boring pretty quick. To be honest, it was really only ever fun when you had friends around to laugh and reminisce.

I always go back to old PC games (Settlers II, Civilization, Commander Keen etc) and one Apple game that a friend had that was incredibly awesome (Realmz).

If I could be bothered I'd buy back my SNES from my cousin so I could play Mario Kart and Super International Cricket. But the most fun retro console would be the N64 ... Mario, Mario Kart and Goldeneye would still give me (and mates) hours and hours of fun!

I still own a SNES but don't play it much in fear that it'll die and I'll burst into tears. Play a lot of Gameboy and SNES games through emulators in recent times.

If I could be bothered I'd buy back my SNES from my cousin so I could play Mario Kart and Super International Cricket.

Still my favourite sports game of all time.

Back