Unofficial Preview Who Will Stand With Me???

Remove this Banner Ad

ShueyIsAGun

Senior List
Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Backs to the wall, written off by pundits and even our own supporters. Injuries piling up by the week and facing a rampant Port Adelaide at its most confident since before the infamous 119.

Our season goes on the line this Saturday night at AAMI stadium. What seemed a certain win amongst a soft early draw has become something of a mini grand final. We will receive no plaudits should we win. The experts will view it as the Power failing their first real test (other than the unpredictable Showdown) against the sort of pressure that good, professional sides can bring. Lose however, and all of our preseason hopes and dreams will turn to ashes in our mouths. We will be classed a pretender and rightfully dismissed as a side of relevance for season 2013.

Well **** that for a joke!

Who will stand with me at AAMI stadium and earn the ire of bandwagoning Power supporters who sit where bay covers once stretched as far as the eye can see? Who will barrack and cheer till their hands are bleeding and voices hoarse as they drive on our heroes in Blue and Gold??? Who will be there to witness this groups most important victory to date????

I will be. I already have my ticket. So who wants to have a pre game bevvy or three?

COMON EAGLES!!!!!

ps. this is not meant to replace pantskyle 's game day thread which I very much enjoy. It is a call to arms for all eagle fans in adelaide and all those brave enough to come over.

So I'm reading this thinking "What is the purpose of this thread?" And then I read...

I will be. I already have my ticket. So who wants to have a pre game bevvy or three?

Oh. He just wants a friend :p.

Also, Toshowyouwhy does the gameday/preview threads. I like your passion, get amongst it and cheer the boys on!

You know why amazes me is everyone has written us of and are talking up dockers as a top 4. Well a win to us this week and if Richmond knock of Freo, which is possible guess who moves above Freo! I just think we need one good game to kick start our season. Hopefully it's this weekend

Can't have a drink with you ( busy touring wineries!) but I will be there too. Going to try and sit near the official cheer squad for safety in numbers! I think they sit in block 140.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

homer-simpson-tv-sports-pennant.jpg

On a serious note, I think you guys are a good chance of winning. You haven't had the same attack on the footy or intensity that you had last year but Port had good wins over Melbourne, GWS and Gold Coast and were okay vs Crows who aren't really setting the world on fire either. Good form is good, but they really haven't had the heat applied to them yet.

That would be comforting if we had applied the heat to anyone yet...

Not really, but you have played better quality opposition. Hawthorn, Freo and Carlton. Your only game against a soft opposition in Melbourne was a similar magnitude of a result to Port. I think at this point in time Port has had a fair few soft targets.

I don't think Port will be the pushover they have been in recent years, but they are still a bit of an unknown. I haven't seen their players put under much pressure yet, I think you guys do have to lift the intensity but I think if you do then you are a definite show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back