Who Will Win The 2021 Premiership

Who will win the Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So how do you measure if an era is strong then? Multiple dominate sides and the rest of the competition is sh*t?
Relax You’re getting a little worked up on my opinion here. Like I said weak (strong) era was probably the wrong term. Richmond didn’t have a dominate challenger during their era, maybe Geelong.

Yeah because Sampras was hopeless.
You had no idea his opponents had such pedigree.

I watched the Poo knock off Sampras in the 3rd round of the AO one year - and if you ignore his 10 or so flukey grand slam wins around the mid 90's, he was hopeless...

I watched the Poo knock off Sampras in the 3rd round of the AO one year - and if you ignore his 10 or so flukey grand slam wins around the mid 90's, he was hopeless...

7-6 7-6 7-6

It was one of the best exhibitions of serving I’ve ever seen. Helped by Sampras’ gross inability to play decent level tennis obviously….

Just before that era we had West Coast and Sydney for 2 years and previous to that Port and Brisbane. 2012-16 Hawthorn and Sydney. Got nothing to do with your Victorian hatred.
And yet you didn't name those eras or teams as being strong. Nothing about Vic hatred here, just wish people like you would take your blinkers off. It's the AFL now - move on!

And yet you didn't name those eras or teams as being strong. Nothing about Vic hatred here, just wish people like you would take your blinkers off. It's the AFL now - move on!
Never said those eras weren’t, but that Geelong side was unreal, Collingwood were on the verge of a dominant era until they sacked the coach, St Kilda with Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne, Goddard ect… were one of the best side ever not to win a Grand Final and when the Dogs picked up Barry Hall and Aker they were a very strong challenger. Super strong sides. Nothing to do with the location, only you picked that up.

Never said those eras weren’t, but that Geelong side was unreal, Collingwood were on the verge of a dominant era until they sacked the coach, St Kilda with Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne, Goddard ect… were one of the best side ever not to win a Grand Final and when the Dogs picked up Barry Hall and Aker they were a very strong challenger. Super strong sides. Nothing to do with the location, only you picked that up.

That Collingwood side was pretty damn good. Lost to Geelong in two prelims and a Grand Final, two of those games close. Granted, they managed to beat the Cats in one that would lead to them getting the flag but if the Cats didn't exist, they probably would have had three (07, 10, 11.)

It is always fascinating to look back on the almost rans of the competition, teams that would have been great if there wasnt a stronger more dominant team around at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see. Wildly lashing out; You're clearly in pain old mate, dreams shattered,the run is over
there there mate
there there :thumbsu:
Pretty comfortable about Richmond's last 4 years. Nothing lasts forever.
How about you? You happy with how Essendon's gone post the systematic drug cheating?
Never mind, I'm sure the media will rate you top 4 certainties over summer :thumbsu:

The best way to judge the relative strength or weakness of an era is to ask yourself this: which suits my narrative better?
The strongest years of all time were 1920, 1921, 1932, 1934, 1943, 1967, 1969, 1973, 1974, 1980, 2017, 2019 and 2020. The other years were so weak they are all asterisked. No one can convince me otherwise.

7-6 7-6 7-6

It was one of the best exhibitions of serving I’ve ever seen. Helped by Sampras’ gross inability to play decent level tennis obviously….

I think that Phila
7-6 7-6 7-6

The 'Scud' looked like the next best thing but was never the same both with his body and application after doing his knee whilst a set up against Sampras in a Wimbledon Quarter Final.

I think that Phila

The 'Scud' looked like the next best thing but was never the same both with his body and application after doing his knee whilst a set up against Sampras in a Wimbledon Quarter Final.

He certainly didn’t fulfil his talent but boy I loved watching him. Yes he was a bit one dimensional but of all the big servers I’ve watched he looked and sounded like the one who hit it the hardest. A lot of guys who generate huge pace do it with fluency or racquet he just tossed the ball up and took the biggest wind up imaginable

He certainly didn’t fulfil his talent but boy I loved watching him. Yes he was a bit one dimensional but of all the big servers I’ve watched he looked and sounded like the one who hit it the hardest. A lot of guys who generate huge pace do it with fluency or racquet he just tossed the ball up and took the biggest wind up imaginable

I tip my hat to the women he dated also, Delta Goodrem being one of them 🙂

Still adament if Malthouse stayed on a coach Collingwood would have won the flag any year between 2012-2015 they were on the cusp of another one. Instead 2012-now has been a mess.

Back