Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Via facebook

Word getting around Canberra that Channel 7 are discussing merger with Newscorp .

An arrangement between Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Stokes has been reached as how the Free to Air Television Channel and Print Media of Newscorp would function .

Also a merger between SKY-TV and Channel 7 is being worked out .

It must be stressed this is unconfirmed . More will follow when information is available

* OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Via facebook

**** OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
It would explain why Seven has been appealing to the hard right over the last few years, with Pauline regularly on Sunrise. I wondered why they were doing that, which was a Channel 9 type move, even though they had won the Morning TV ratings war by not mimicking Nine.

I do wonder how much you can blame the leadership turnover in Aus on Murdoch's constant whingeing, though? Increasing his media ownership will just increase the volume of his tantrums. But as per the thread title, will people care as much? Labor have shown themselves capable of ignoring media opinion on Shorten.

Kudos to Chris Uhlmann. A journo with the guts to say it as it is. Journalism was once about the accurate presentation of news and the fair presentation of views. No longer. The Dirty Digger and his allies in the IPA have corrupted that process. Dregs of the human race all of them.

If any of you read news.com.au and also watch the Fox news channel..... BOTH OWNED BY MURDOCH, you would see that absolute polar contrast of the 2 Murdoch news outlets. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******News.com.au is absolutely Anti Trump, absolutely disgusting.

******FOX cable news (but actually only 3 of their news presenters; Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) give real, balanced viewpoints. They all expose the Left, the deep state, the Political lefts corruption.

Murdoch, is 90% left wing. He does allow 3 hours of real news on his media conglomerate.....

If any of you read news.com.au and also watch the Fox news channel..... BOTH OWNED BY MURDOCH, you would see that absolute polar contrast of the 2 Murdoch news outlets. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******News.com.au is absolutely Anti Trump, absolutely disgusting.

******FOX cable news (but actually only 3 of their news presenters; Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) give real, balanced viewpoints. They all expose the Left, the deep state, the Political lefts corruption.

Murdoch, is 90% left wing. He does allow 3 hours of real news on his media conglomerate.....
Your maths is awful. Most of the Murdoch media is right-wing. News.com.au is aimed at younger people and is largely gossip focussed. It can present stories of all sorts, but Trump being a constant goose means they have to cover that. They are generally happy to mock any politician, but because they want younger people they do tend to report about climate change, so I guess that makes them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! left wing !!!!!!!!! in your book.

Being anti-Trump is just common sense, but the fact Fox News switched to being pro-Trump once he won the Republican Primary is due to the unhealthy connection Murdoch's companies have with politicians. He threw out his principles because he'd spent decades making his media company the Republican brand of choice. He had to shift, or else Trump had no hope, and the Republicans had no hope.

Spot on!

There is overwhelming evidence that the News Corp newspapers, Sky News and the 2GB shock-jocks have given encouragement, legitimacy and a megaphone to the most reactionary elements in the Liberal and National parties.

THE CONVERSATION

Rudd is 100% right about the Dirty Digger. The question is why did he cosy-up to the piece of scum when he was Labor leader.

ZoTGmCr.jpg

lGGWZ7q.jpg

I agree with Rudd however its also worth nothing that 2GB is owned by Fairfax. Jones and Hadley are two of the worst agitators in Aus pol against any centrist PM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cancer on democracy is a tax bludger who needs a robocall

Spose there has never been a time in history when Labor had a chance to win an election without him backing them, so its the time to go full Royal Commision and law changes to decimate his sons ability to be a future cancer on democracy

I was reading about Chelsea Manning and the possibility that she may not receive a visa due to 'character test', how come this has never been a factor when Rupert enters the country?

Surely his/company involvement in the hacking of a dead teenager's phone is enough.

I must admit it was a good article, shame that Rudd was the one to write it. Don't have much time for him.

Doesn't matter who penned it, so long as it's apt & accurate.....which it is.

Yeah, flies in, 2 days later leadership crisis, change of policy and total backflip.
Want to rephrase that?

Bang on the mullah.

I was reading about Chelsea Manning and the possibility that she may not receive a visa due to 'character test', how come this has never been a factor when Rupert enters the country?

Surely his/company involvement in the hacking of a dead teenager's phone is enough.
Dutton's call. Wouldn't be hard to make the case tho

Has influence within the LNP but far less with swinging/young voters. Thank god.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
Elections are won by a few % thats all he needs to influence

Dog whistle and the idiots follow delivering their votes to his party of choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back