Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was reading about Chelsea Manning and the possibility that she may not receive a visa due to 'character test', how come this has never been a factor when Rupert enters the country?

Surely his/company involvement in the hacking of a dead teenager's phone is enough.
I have no problems with Bradley coming to Australia. One thing is for sure that there won’t be any protesters there acting like thugs if Bradley does speak in Australia!

I have no problems with Bradley coming to Australia. One thing is for sure that there won’t be any protesters there acting like thugs if Bradley does speak in Australia!
She doesnt have a message of hatred of poor brown people just a message of big brother government surveillance we can all unite under....unless you are trying to do that and/or support it she is not a threat

I actually haven't thought it through and don't have a position on her as yet. I have bigger issues with the grub that is Murdoch who keeps coming back and stirring trouble.

It would explain why Seven has been appealing to the hard right over the last few years, with Pauline regularly on Sunrise. I wondered why they were doing that, which was a Channel 9 type move, even though they had won the Morning TV ratings war by not mimicking Nine.

I do wonder how much you can blame the leadership turnover in Aus on Murdoch's constant whingeing, though? Increasing his media ownership will just increase the volume of his tantrums. But as per the thread title, will people care as much? Labor have shown themselves capable of ignoring media opinion on Shorten.
Sarah Hanson young and the Greens get a very good on C7 but you ignored that!

All of the tantrums we constantly see and hear from the abc! The only whining we hear from news Corp is usually from the left due to Murdoch not towing the line of their ways

The only whining we hear from news Corp is usually from the left due to Murdoch not towing the line of their ways

giphy.gif

Name the lefties at murdoch , i'll be here all day.

As if News Corp are interested in independence? LOL. They are the arm of the Liberal Party.

After a year of pressure from News Corp the Australian Press Council has removed Carla McGrath from the council because she is the deputy chair of activist group GetUp.

McGrath, the first Torres Strait Islander woman to be appointed to the media watchdog, declined to resign despite The Australian refusing to work with her and publishing a dozen articles in one month attacking her appointment.

The editor-in-chief of the Australian Paul Whittaker said GetUp was “effectively another wing of the Labor party and the Greens” and could not be objective.

The News Corp publication claimed there was a “potential threat” to the impartiality of the press council’s adjudications of complaints about the Australian.

As if News Corp are interested in independence? LOL. They are the arm of the Liberal Party.

After a year of pressure from News Corp the Australian Press Council has removed Carla McGrath from the council because she is the deputy chair of activist group GetUp.

McGrath, the first Torres Strait Islander woman to be appointed to the media watchdog, declined to resign despite The Australian refusing to work with her and publishing a dozen articles in one month attacking her appointment.

The editor-in-chief of the Australian Paul Whittaker said GetUp was “effectively another wing of the Labor party and the Greens” and could not be objective.

The News Corp publication claimed there was a “potential threat” to the impartiality of the press council’s adjudications of complaints about the Australian.

ZOMG GETUP!

inb4 " Soros "

Via facebook

**** OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Not surprised really

They're both the major rights holders of cricket and AFL now, makes sense on a partnership point of view

Also could be a retaliatory move in regards to the 9/Fairfax merger talks.

******* lol, bunch of hypocritical buttttthurt sooks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what Rupert “I’m legally allowed to undermine another country’s democratic process but The Russians aren’t” Murdoch plans are for Australian Education? We might have to petition our Education Minister to ask The Daily Terrorgraph what Rupert has in store.

Welcome to joke-democracy Australia, where gonzo-journalism rules.

I wonder what Rupert “I’m legally allowed to undermine another country’s democratic process but The Russians aren’t” Murdoch plans are for Australian Education? We might have to petition our Education Minister to ask The Daily Terrorgraph what Rupert has in store.

Welcome to joke-democracy Australia, where gonzo-journalism rules.
Its a great point you make.

In the US Mueller is investigating exactly the same thing Murdoch did here, and in the main, no-one gives a flying....
Instead we get Journo hacks saying "Well its his paper he can do what he likes" deliberately conflating the issue

Its a great point you make.

In the US Mueller is investigating exactly the same thing Murdoch did here, and in the main, no-one gives a flying....
Instead we get Journo hacks saying "Well its his paper he can do what he likes" deliberately conflating the issue
You have crook in Mueller investigating crooks. Good luck with getting the result you want! You keep hanging on though Big Fella.

You have crook in Mueller investigating crooks. Good luck with getting the result you want! You keep hanging on though Big Fella.

Murdoch is also a part of that self-same criminal crooked cabal.....He is the number one enemy of Democracy in Oz at the moment, without a shadow of a doubt....And you can toss in Lowy & kagan as his mates.

Rumour around town is that the Dirty Digger is more than a tad concerned about the possible implications of this Bill. Particularly the following:

12vUPp9.jpg

Not sure which I'd prefer seeing the germ rot in gaol or croak. Hard one to pick!

Of course we know no government has the cojones to go after him.

Someone just kill the old campaigner enough is enough. Rudd was wrong. He's more a parasite than a cancer to society.

I wish he was dead and I put all my celestial jesus energy into praying that will happen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back