Who's your biggest threat to us going back to back

Remove this Banner Ad

SCG bullies just like the Cats in Geelong. They caught us at the MCG when we were very down.
Hopefully. I certainly don't want to play them at the SCG in September. Top 2 finish might be crucial at the end of the home and away season.

Sydney look the Brisbane of this year. It is hard to see them not playing in the GF, and giving it a mighty shake on the day.

Who will they play in the GF? GWS have been good at times, besides that it looks like us and Melbourne might be best equipped to challenge.

Carlton are a dangerous team and I think they could be a threat if they get everyone back on the park.

Essendon have their shit together but I think might not have the talent yet to go that far.

What could really stiff us is our slow start and having to go through Sydney to make the GF if we get that far. But the reward could be an easier GF. But we are just one of the teams thereabouts this year, not the top seed.

I'm loving the way the Swans are steamrolling their way through the season. Keep it going lads. Dominate and intimidate. Let's see where they are in three months. So much water to go under that old rickety bridge. I've seen it all before- sadly enough with our mob back in 1970 and 1973. It's there's to lose as they say. When will we learn? Injuries, suspensions, a slight dip in form and then inexplicably the confidence drops and people are saying this mob is unrecognizable from the mighty machine we saw earlier in the season.

I have this funny tickly feeling in my tummy at the moment. A little gut feeling that our boys can pull off the dream. It may just be the Codrals kicking in and the dream could come crashing down to earth as soon as tomorrow....but, I have deep faith in our coaches and the boys.

I look forward to a return bout with the Swans. I hate them.

I'm loving the way the Swans are steamrolling their way through the season. Keep it going lads. Dominate and intimidate. Let's see where they are in three months. So much water to go under that old rickety bridge. I've seen it all before- sadly enough with our mob back in 1970 and 1973. It's there's to lose as they say. When will we learn? Injuries, suspensions, a slight dip in form and then inexplicably the confidence drops and people are saying this mob is unrecognizable from the mighty machine we saw earlier in the season.

I have this funny tickly feeling in my tummy at the moment. A little gut feeling that our boys can pull off the dream. It may just be the Codrals kicking in and the dream could come crashing down to earth as soon as tomorrow....but, I have deep faith in our coaches and the boys.

I look forward to a return bout with the Swans. I hate them.
Good points Domus. I've seen it before too, our fall away in 2011 comes to mind. It's a long season, and the competition is even. I'm happy for our boys to just keep tracking along getting wins at the moment.

Good points Domus. I've seen it before too, our fall away in 2011 comes to mind. It's a long season, and the competition is even. I'm happy for our boys to just keep tracking along getting wins at the moment.
We are just going under the radar. I'm sure Fly loves it down there.

flys coaching over the last month has been under appreciated, we’ve been undermanned in key areas and he’s just found away to minimise deficiencies and get the job done, it’s been top shelf.
I think a lot of his coaching ability is often overlooked because of how much praise he heaps upon his assistants. I don't doubt that they deserve it, but Fly deserves a lot of love too.

The 2 Sydney sides at this stage. Swans would be good to meet in a GF, reckon we would roll them at the G. Be hard to beat them up there in a prelim.

We are just going under the radar. I'm sure Fly loves it down there.
Pretty sure I saw a running all Australian team this week . Only one Collingwood player . Nick. On the bench.

It’s amazing how the biggest club in the land, reigning premier and side that hasn’t lost since round 2 can fly under the radar.

Flys a genius

Pretty sure I saw a running all Australian team this week . Only one Collingwood player . Nick. On the bench.

It’s amazing how the biggest club in the land, reigning premier and side that hasn’t lost since round 2 can fly under the radar.

Flys a genius
It's a really good indication that our side considers their roles more important than self glory. Fly really is a genius

Sydney look like Brisbane of last year. It is hard to see them not playing in the GF, and giving it a mighty shake on the day.

Who will they play in the GF? GWS have been good at times, besides that it looks like us and Melbourne might be best equipped to challenge.

Carlton are a dangerous team and I think they could be a threat if they get everyone back on the park.

Essendon have their s**t together but I think might not have the talent yet to go that far.

What could really stiff us is our slow start and having to go through Sydney to make the GF if we get that far. But the reward could be an easier GF. But we are just one of the teams thereabouts this year, not the top seed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flys coaching over the last month has been under appreciated, we’ve been undermanned in key areas and he’s just found away to minimise deficiencies and get the job done, it’s been top shelf.
Part of that has been recognition in the past few off-seasons of a need to further improve depth after it was trashed in 2020 to almost nil with the salary purge. This year using the SSP rather than the ND has helped a lot with Sullivan plus Bytel with Eyre hopefully yet to come….as has the natural progression of depth/ next generation players like Harrison Macrae McInnes and Richards..

At this stage of the season it's Sydney for me. They are almost the complete side. However, if the Bulldogs get their act together, I reckon they might be unstoppable.
The Swans will likely choke against Victorian team at the MCG ina Grand Final. They lack that special player that defies the odds... they have 20 top 250 players but Heeney and Gulden are the golden boys, I just don't think they have superstar factor yet.

GWS is choking at the moment but they are similar to Swans.

Demons are the scary team. They look hungry and if they can figure out Petraca as full time Forward, they can win it all.

It's a weak/even year atm. No team really standing out, other than the Swans who still have a bit to prove. The teams that just missed last year haven't stepped up.

The Swans will likely choke against Victorian team at the MCG ina Grand Final. They lack that special player that defies the odds... they have 20 top 250 players but Heeney and Gulden are the golden boys, I just don't think they have superstar factor yet.

GWS is choking at the moment but they are similar to Swans.

Demons are the scary team. They look hungry and if they can figure out Petraca as full time Forward, they can win it all.
chad warner is a superstar with all hurt factor
they are a good side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back