Why boycotting Israel matters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't quite understand the argument about Hamas hiding among civilians for a couple of reasons.

One, you are applying a moral standard on what you at the same time are labelling a terrorist organization. It's somewhat contradictory.

Terrorists don't care if they sacrifice some of their own - in the same vein, I doubt the current Israeli government care if they have civilian losses either, as this sort of conflict plays perfectly into their political interests.

Secondly, as that tweet points out, it's how terrorists and resistance operate. It's not like they go out and find a piece of nice, isolated land and build a HQ on it for all to see. They hide in plain sight.
Think the poster was referencing my reply tweet from Edo Conrad way back which followed a Zionist poster calling the Palestinians who were hiding weapons amongst residential buildings "scum". The tweet questioned the poster's knowledge of history by demonstrating Israel had done the very same thing. The tweet said "Zionist militias famously used civilian buildings, hospitals, factories, synagogues & schools to disguise their operations. Tel Aviv even commemorates it!" The tweet showed evidence of it.

I don't quite understand the argument about Hamas hiding among civilians for a couple of reasons.

The "Hamas is hiding there" excuse to justify merciless bombing of civilians is no different than America justifying hellfire drone bombing of civilians because "ISIS are there", it's legit the same tactic

Using Hamas as a bogeyman (without proof) is just an easy and albeit lazy excuse to justify massacring and ethnic cleansing Palestinians

Last edited:
Good, then criticizing the genocidal Israeli government shouldn't be anti-semitic, as the Israeli government does not represent all Jewish people

Using the framework of anti-semitic behavior as a deflection and shield is not an adequate excuse or defense of war crimes perpetrated by the Israeli government

Sad that you are using the past perpetual suffering and persecution of the Jewish people as an shield and excuse to thumbs up Israel enacting the same persecution towards Palestinians

No problems at all with what you say here.

I was referring to the anti-semitic behaviour in the thread, specifically likening Israeli's to Nazis.

I have not made a single excuse on Israel's behalf, merely tried to provide an explanation.

This interview with Antony Loewenstein is really worth taking 10 minutes of your time.

Some quotes.

"People cannot leave (Gaza). They are literally trapped"

"You have this tightly concentrated area and you are being bombed. There are dozens of kids being killed"

"This is an occupation and occupation isn't about two equal sides"

"These are war crimes being committed by Israel."

"This is apartheid being committed by Israel"

"If the US wanted to stop the occupation tomorrow, they could. They fund most of this"

And we are culpable too because we are in lockstep with the US. Shameful!

Without the religious sites nobody would have any reason to go there. Nobody would want to go there.

Having been to Israel three times and toured both Israel and the West Bank all three times. I'd love to go back. The place is steeped in history and I found Northern Israel, especially north of the Sea of Galilee quite beautiful.

Even families of holocaust survivors have called it out as being the same thing as what the Nazis did.

Nowhere near it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a number of similarities ?!

Well why don't you outline how the systematic murder of Jews by the Nazis with a system of concentration camps and death camps throughout Europe is similar.

map009.gif

d7f43cf9-863e-42fd-98dd-f82350f1dd70.gif.pagespeed.ce.UoJT-eZYdD.gif

Last edited:
Its been posted in this thread before. Also Israel has shown the intelligence to the US who ticked it off. Not the greatest demonstration of proof but given that there is no IDF presence within Gaza there is a need to protect those who alerted them.

Except Blinken said that didn't happen.

I've not seen anyone showing evidence that Al Jazeera knew Hamas were in their building. Did Associated Press and the other independent news outlets know too?!

The "Hamas is hiding there" excuse to justify merciless bombing of civilians is no different than America justifying hellfire drone bombing of civilians because "ISIS are there", it's legit the same tactic

Using Hamas as a bogeyman (without proof) is just an easy and albeit lazy excuse to justify massacring and ethnic cleansing Palestinians
Exactly.

Israel doesn't care how many Palestinians they kill.

Hang on, someone else has posted a YouTube video from 2014 that looks old (so perhaps late 1990s) with a Hamas leader saying they use human shields. So the matter is absolutely settled. It isn't like the IDF has ever edited a video to push a dishonest propaganda line.

Am I ever sarcastic? Noooooo ..... (for our neurodivergent friends, that means yes and is indicating that my whole post was sarcastic)

LOL ... so how much of that land they have given away was illegally annexed? That is like someone giving back your car after they stole it. I wonder why apologists for Israeli atrocities must resort to distortions and lies to get their point across? It is almost like the truth isn't on their side.

Not sure but blowing up hospitals and schools doesn't feel kosher.

Interesting how they are not allowed to fire rockets from some blokes garage. Most that are shot down or land on an empty car park.

But firing billions of dollars Us weapons the other way into the most densely populated area of earth is cool

you know Hamas hold weapons in their hospitals right? I guess israel should just cop it right? Whole country in bomb shelters with rockets still landing on civilians heads. But yeh they should just accept terrorism right? What would you do in Bibis position mate?

View attachment 1130931

Unfortunately if you squeeze a population to breaking point, they will take extreme measures.

this is one side of history, the real side is before the British mandate it was the Ottomons, and go way back it was Romans and judeah (ironic hey). Palestinians have never had their own governed country. After the British mandate it was allocated and split into Israel and Palestine in 1948. Jews accepted. Arabs rejected and attacked Israel, lost.

1621344642603.jpeg

Attachments

• 1621344535147.jpeg
    1621344535147.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back