Opinion Why is Trent Cotchin hated by so many ?

Remove this Banner Ad

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Incredibly baffling and unusual. This guy is pretty clean cut off the field. He doesn't assault or do any drugs or anything . On the field he led a mediocre team to 3 flags yet you get most oppo fans calling him a dog and ppl bagging him left right and centre.

What's the problem with him ?

He plays tough on the field and sometimes crosses or goes close to crossing the line ?

Though dont many successful captains do that ? Look at Hodge and voss, I saw a video of hodge bumping some players head into a post , yet cotchin does a tummy tap and people start crying ? Even thugs like Barry hall get more love than him

He got off the bump with shiel?

That was 6 years ago , get over it. He went in hard for the ball , to some it deserves a suspension but for that to be the cause of the hate ?

He won Watson's brownlow.

Yes and Mitchell won it too, yet do you see him being hated as much ? It's cotchins fault Watson did drugs ? Lol

It only leads to the most possible explanation . And that is that he is the face of a club who was laughed at by most for many years and now for the last 5 or 6 years are not a laughing stock anymore . And ppl can't handle that. Add to the fact he's squeaky clean image isn't the typical bogan tough image of other leaders hence why people can't identify with that

He was an unconventional captain, a bit nerdy, not one to bluster.

He was a laughing stock, kicking against the wind etc.

Opinions about him formed, and petrified.

So much so that it was unacceptable that the mocked could become the club's greatest captain bar one, and nearly singlehandedly led the team on the field to 3 fron 4.

The resurrection was so great, so complete, so incredible, for the mockers it was easier, the path softer, to maintain the petrified position, too difficult to admit error, too manly a thing for them to be able to do.

Is he that hated though? Has a fair bit of that smug afl star about him, but I’m not sure he’s in the top 10 for that - the Judds own that, * me I’d be happy if they ceased to exist in some sort of super localised bayside tsunami. So to conclude, he seems fairly unlikeable, but I’m not sure that many people hate him, much less care about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he's a terrible person and has been since junior days, basically the AFL version of one of those spoiled brat child tennis prodigies.

But this is just what I read on the rumours board i have no knowledge personally
Has to be true man.

I think most people troll Cotchin because he's an easy target and it's an easy way to troll Richmond.

No one actually hates him.
This :handpointup: Richmond have a habit of forcing their player based opinions down peoples throats and then having a hissy fit if you say otherwise.....

Obviously every supporter base does this but Richmond seem to be way more uhhhh "Passionate" about it.

Incredibly baffling and unusual. This guy is pretty clean cut off the field. He doesn't assault or do any drugs or anything . On the field he led a mediocre team to 3 flags yet you get most oppo fans calling him a dog and ppl bagging him left right and centre.

What's the problem with him ?

He plays tough on the field and sometimes crosses or goes close to crossing the line ?

Though dont many successful captains do that ? Look at Hodge and voss, I saw a video of hodge bumping some players head into a post , yet cotchin does a tummy tap and people start crying ? Even thugs like Barry hall get more love than him

He got off the bump with shiel?

That was 6 years ago , get over it. He went in hard for the ball , to some it deserves a suspension but for that to be the cause of the hate ?

He won Watson's brownlow.

Yes and Mitchell won it too, yet do you see him being hated as much ? It's cotchins fault Watson did drugs ? Lol

It only leads to the most possible explanation . And that is that he is the face of a club who was laughed at by most for many years and now for the last 5 or 6 years are not a laughing stock anymore . And ppl can't handle that. Add to the fact he's squeaky clean image isn't the typical bogan tough image of other leaders hence why people can't identify with that

Why should we get over it? He's a dirty player, protected by the AFL.

You get over it.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s a dirty player in his era who gets protected by the AFL and whinged in his twilight years instead of maturing and becoming more humble.

The OP asking this question is like a Dad asking his kids why he’s not cool and trying to justify it.
Okay he is a "dirty" player, yet why aren't other actual dirty players hated as much , Barry hall, byron pickett etc etc

He was an unconventional captain, a bit nerdy, not one to bluster.

He was a laughing stock, kicking against the wind etc.

Opinions about him formed, and petrified.

So much so that it was unacceptable that the mocked could become the club's greatest captain bar one, and nearly singlehandedly led the team on the field to 3 fron 4.

The resurrection was so great, so complete, so incredible, for the mockers it was easier, the path softer, to maintain the petrified position, too difficult to admit error, too manly a thing for them to be able to do.
Summed it up perfectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back