Politics Why no pressure on Mr Potato Head?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure.

It’s outrageous to me that this government can throw $30 million around like that, then claim ‘sorry times are tough’ when continually knocking dead any motion to make any sort of raise to Newstart or Youth Allowance.
Yep good point.

Hell it doesnt need to go to Newstart people or youth Allowance.

That 30 million could of created a few f**king jobs.

Sure.

It’s outrageous to me that this government can throw $30 million around like that, then claim ‘sorry times are tough’ when continually knocking dead any motion to make any sort of raise to Newstart or Youth Allowance.
Federal Welfare payments, not including services cost $200,000 million a year , we don't need that to go up.

Federal Welfare payments, not including services cost $200,000 million a year , we don't need that to go up.

So if it’s at $30 million after a few months, what’s it going to be after 12 months? Approaching or past the entire annual welfare budget of this country?

My underlying point was we keep hearing from the government how times are tough, yet they can blow through $30 million detaining a family of four people on Christmas Island - a family who were settled and living perfectly well on the Australian mainland within the community only a few months ago.

Regardless of where else that money could of been spent, it’s simply an obscenity to see such a huge amount of taxpayers money flushed in support of such a blatantly politically motivated agenda.

Last edited:

this thread is pathetic.

Ignore trolls if you actually care about the topic. They are only there to obfuscate.

Dutton thrives on obfuscation.

You wanna put pressure on Dutton? Start by not feeding trolls.

this thread is pathetic.

Ignore trolls if you actually care about the topic. They are only there to obfuscate.

Dutton thrives on obfuscation.

You wanna put pressure on Dutton? Start by not feeding trolls.

I haven’t been engaging with this CM86 flog. Told him to take his s**t elsewhere.

So if it’s at $30 million after a few months, what’s it going to be after 12 months? Approaching or past the entire annual welfare budget of this country?

My underlying point was we keep hearing from the government how times are tough, yet they can blow through $30 million detaining a family of four people on Christmas Island - a family who were settled and living perfectly well on the Australian mainland within the community only a few months ago.

Regardless of where else that money could of been spent, it’s simply an obscenity to see such a huge amount of taxpayers money flushed in support of such a blatantly politically motivated agenda.
This whole episode simply reinforces the commonly held view that the whole Stop the Boats campaign is politically driven, not economically. Politically driven to appeal to a certain nasty, racist and xenophobic crew of misfits in the Australian electorate.

This whole episode simply reinforces the commonly held view that the whole Stop the Boats campaign is politically driven, not economically. Politically driven to appeal to a certain nasty, racist and xenophobic crew of misfits in the Australian electorate.

Of course it’s political.

It always has been.

The sooner Australians grow a brain, wake up and realise that the real scumbags that are terrorising our communities (Apex gang members for example), have been brought here legally by the same politicians who then profess to be tough on borders and immigration, the better. These bastards aren’t even good for the cheap labor the LNP brings them in in the hope of providing!

Would have that family on Christmas Island, back here a million years before the majority of these unskilled, violent, parasites that come here by plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back