List Mgmt. Why the exodus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's what it realistically should look like based on current performances

$60-100k - Mackay, Knight
$100-200k - Gibbs, Hartigan, McAsey, Worrell, Schoenberg, Sholl, Hamill, McAdam, Jones, McHenry, McPherson, Davis, Frampton, Stengle, Himmelberg, Poholke, Gallucci, Murphy, O'Connor, Gollant
$200-300k - Seedsman, Kelly, Atkins, Brown
$300-400k - Walker, Laird, Lynch, Smith, Milera
$400-500k - Doedee, Fogarty, O'Brien
$500-600k - B. Crouch, M. Crouch
$600-700k -
$700-800k - Sloane
$800k+ - Talia

I reckon we should have 20+ players on no more than $200k if we paid on performance

Only change id makes is that bruise free Atkins should owe us money.

I'd say we need to make all contracts heavily performance-based. Then, it would be tough to manage the requirement to spend 95% of the cap each year, but a certain amount of cap redistribution to the performing players each year from the underperforming ones would do wonders to sharpen up everyone's effort. ;)

Certainly, there's an aura of the fat and comfortable about the current players, especially those on long contracts and the married ones.
I prefer them lean and hungry.

I'd say we need to make all contracts heavily performance-based. Then, it would be tough to manage the requirement to spend 95% of the cap each year, but a certain amount of cap redistribution to the performing players each year from the underperforming ones would do wonders to sharpen up everyone's effort. ;)

Certainly, there's an aura of the fat and comfortable about the current players, especially those on long contracts and the married ones.
I prefer them lean and hungry.

Can we please do the same for our off-field personnel? And no, I'm not talking about website hits.

There is plenty in this thread and the others on the topic of this board.. Regardless, I don't post on here anymore after some questionable treatment and given the current climate, don't feel it is appropriate to be in dialogue here.

Sorry for my clumsiness, actually isn't the first time that has happened *face palm*.

As you were Crows...
There is a diferrence between clumsy and moronic

He didn't have to say they left because of money since the media and public already know this and have got hold of the amount the rival clubs offered them and they are usually spot on.......

At least Mackay is loyal, didn't he knock back a bigger contract with Melbourne to sign with us? There are some players that will chase money, nothing wrong with that as it's their job.

If I was going to celebrate loyalty, the person I would not pick is Mackay.

Mackay being loyal is not a positive. Sloane being loyal is.

Here's what it realistically should look like based on current performances

$60-100k - Mackay, Knight
$100-200k - Gibbs, Hartigan, McAsey, Worrell, Schoenberg, Sholl, Hamill, McAdam, Jones, McHenry, McPherson, Davis, Frampton, Stengle, Himmelberg, Poholke, Gallucci, Murphy, O'Connor, Gollant
$200-300k - Seedsman, Kelly, Atkins, Brown
$300-400k - Walker, Laird, Lynch, Smith, Milera
$400-500k - Doedee, Fogarty, O'Brien
$500-600k - B. Crouch, M. Crouch
$600-700k -
$700-800k - Sloane
$800k+ - Talia

I reckon we should have 20+ players on no more than $200k if we paid on performance
I actually think it's mismanagement of the TPP. It seems to me that we had some space but had to spend it to hit 95% and instead of front loading, we just said hey, let's give it to JJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackay is the same as Lynch - we have him a generous contract because at the time, we were scared to lose him.

Can’t knock Mackay’s character.
That contract finished last year. I understand you’ve been overseas for a while but maybe do a little bit of research first. Would be on a heavily reduced one year contract this season.

I actually think it's mismanagement of the TPP. It seems to me that we had some space but had to spend it to hit 95% and instead of front loading, we just said hey, let's give it to JJ.

It does seem that way. By my estimate, even factoring in some players performing below their expected output, we should be millions below the cap.

I honestly am baffled as to where the money is going. Are we paying Kelly and Brown big bucks?

Loyalty is a character trait and not based on ability......

Sure, it's a character trait, but whether loyalty is a positive or a negative is based on ability.

Mackay being loyal is a negative because we would have been better off if he took the offer to Melbourne. We should have overruled that loyalty instead of being sucked in by it.

It does seem that way. By my estimate, even factoring in some players performing below their expected output, we should be millions below the cap.

I honestly am baffled as to where the money is going. Are we paying Kelly and Brown big bucks?

I'd expect us to be at 95% this season. Probably less seeing we had to pay Betts and Jenkins some wages.

I reckon you could expect Jones to be on 400k as well.

Sure, it's a character trait, but whether loyalty is a positive or a negative is based on ability.

Mackay being loyal is a negative because we would have been better off if he took the offer to Melbourne. We should have overruled that loyalty instead of being sucked in by it.
Fair call, if his ability was very high and Melbourne would have offered him 2x what he was worth then he would have more than likely left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back