Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm so glad there's so many gender studies graduates in here to tell me what a tyranny it is for the US to send private cables between embassies :rolleyes:

So you mean to say NMLB that in this free reign that the government has, there is no excess, no abuse of power, and no dubious activity? There needs to be some kind of accountability against that kind of power. Furthermore the government can't be accountable to themselves, and they would never allow a private company to either. In that respect I support the notion of wikileaks.

Best chuckle I've had today since a radio talkback segment where callers were asked what they would give Julia Gillard for Christmas.

Best answer: "A hysterectomy."

That is indeed a truly, truly hilarious gibe.

I'm betting somewhere out there Rob Sitch is cracking open a bottle of champagne as we speak.

I just can't stop laughing !

I'll decide for myself whether or not I can handle the truth thanks.

I don't need some pack of self interested cronies to decide that for me.

Yep, and yep.

"So as not to cause mass panic".

In all seriousness.

I fully support anyone who can pull off such outrageously foppish hair with the applomb of Mr Assange. If he's looking for a hiding spot, perhaps he should consider level 3 at Etihad Stadium when we play an interstate team. No-one would ever think of looking there.

I'll decide for myself whether or not I can handle the truth thanks.

I don't need some pack of self interested cronies to decide that for me.

Just because you prefer to live the life of a frightened gullible soul, it doesn't give you the right to foist that liability on others.

And there it is; insults and name calling - the classic retort of those who find themselves abandoned by facts and logic.

And there it is; insults and name calling - the classic retort of those who find themselves abandoned by facts and logic.
I agree with you that 'name calling' isn't useful. But if you think this issue is one of 'facts' and 'logic' and not opinion, you're more of an idiot than I took you for. ;)

I agree with you that 'name calling' isn't useful. But if you think this issue is one of 'facts' and 'logic' and not opinion, you're more of an idiot than I took you for. ;)

Lives have been endagered, and lost, on a huge scale as a direct result of Wikileaks. Fact.

Assange and Wikileaks wilfully publish and distribute stolen, private, and sensitive material, none of which - so far - is particularly scandalous, or suggestive of corruption or any other illegal activity. Fact.

Assange now dodges arrest, rather than prove he is not guilty of serious charges. Fact.

Of course, like most things, there will be differing opinions about this. But if your opinion is founded on anything other than solid facts, and sound reasoning, then the "idiot" label belongs on your name badge.

Lives have been endagered, and lost, on a huge scale as a direct result of Wikileaks. Fact.

Assange and Wikileaks wilfully publish and distribute stolen, private, and sensitive material, none of which - so far - is particularly scandalous, or suggestive of corruption or any other illegal activity. Fact.

Assange now dodges arrest, rather than prove he is not guilty of serious charges. Fact.

Of course, like most things, there will be differing opinions about this. But if your opinion is founded on anything other than solid facts, and sound reasoning, then the "idiot" label belongs on your name badge.
Opinions based on anything other than solid facts and sound reason abound. They are the stuff of life.

In this instance though, I imagine facts and logic can be found for either opinion?! I'm not familiar enough with all the relevant facts of this matter, so won't venture an opinion of my own here.

Idiot, you'll note was accompanied by a ;). Just saying.

"1,300 people were eventually killed, and 350,000 were displaced. That was a result of our leak."

- Julian Assange

Technically to be leaking it he'd have to be the source.

He's only publishing what has already been leaked to him. If anyone actually believed what he was doing was wrong they'd go after the people responsible for leaking it in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"1,300 people were eventually killed, and 350,000 were displaced. That was a result of our leak."

- Julian Assange

So you are saying it would have been better that the people of Kenya were denied the truth about Arap Moi's corruption?

Assange's making the information public did not kill those people.

They were killed as a result of their wanting to change a corrupt and autocratic government, that government rigging election and a variety of tribal factor.

Ever heard the phrase 'don't shoot the messenger'?

Opinions based on anything other than solid facts and sound reason abound. They are the stuff of life.

In this instance though, I imagine facts and logic can be found for either opinion?! I'm not familiar enough with all the relevant facts of this matter, so won't venture an opinion of my own here.

Idiot, you'll note was accompanied by a ;). Just saying.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Technically to be leaking it he'd have to be the source.

He's only publishing what has already been leaked to him. If anyone actually believed what he was doing was wrong they'd go after the people responsible for leaking it in the first place.

I completely agree. As much as I dislike Julian Assange and his motives, one thing's for certain: if it wasn't him, it would be someone else. The real problems are the sources of the leaks, and the fact that such quantities of highly sensitive material can so easily be copied and stolen from US government agencies without anyone noticing a security breach.

Anyway, enough from me on this subject - I'm off to talk some footy!

All I got from this thread was that acting irresponsibly and toying with peoples lives is fine, as long as it's government sponsored.

I'm off to watch Fox News. It's better than the cricket.

Everyone deserve to know the truth, corrupt governments need to be dealt with.

Ovbiously the yanks and china have alot to hide.

There could be huge side effects though, this could cause a world war.

Still I support what he is doing.

So you are saying it would have been better that the people of Kenya were denied the truth about Arap Moi's corruption?

Assange's making the information public did not kill those people.

They were killed as a result of their wanting to change a corrupt and autocratic government, that government rigging election and a variety of tribal factor.

Ever heard the phrase 'don't shoot the messenger'?

Game, set, match. Thankyou linesmen. Thankyou ballboys.

Haha. Doesnt roll off the tongue as easily. Besides which, it was 10 years ago.

Could also be TennisCoachAndy, but I was a "playa' first.

Well teaching how to fulfil dreams is a good thing, especially when they're dreams of being a "player".

193472.1020.A.jpg

I could think of far worse things to aspire to. Lucky you!

wow, this forum

B-B-BUT THE PUBLIC DESERVE TO KNOW THE CONTENTS OF CABLES SENT BETWEEN DIPLOMATS!!!

also, i can't believe someone actually said 'global conspiricy' before. wow :eek:

Sorry, but maybe the "Left" in "SweetLeftFoot" ought to be in capitals, because only the loopy left could seriously defend this man's actions.

He's self-important, a liar, and even a hypocrite, who has a lot of blood on his hands. And, to borrow a quote from the UK Guardian, "the sanctimonious piety of the man is sickening."

Phew! If Andrew Bolt says so in the herald sun, then it must be true! Thanks NMLB for opening my eyes to this pinko charlatan!

Here was me thinking those sexual assault charges were looking all suspiciously timed. Such a relief to not have to think for myself anymore. Can you throw in anything from Steve Price as well?

Emrace the Red White and Blue Reich!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back