Will Lance Franklin win another flag?

Will Buddy ever get another premiership medal?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 71 95.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Got me thinking, he's halfway through that super deal he signed once crossing from Hawthorn. Has played in two gf's since but the chocolates have eluded him.
Sydney look more vulnerable than they ever have since he moved north.
Obviously much can change in footy relatively quickly, but do you think the Swans get one whilst he's still there in the next five years?

Please note I don't believe him winning a flag at Sydney is directly correlated to the worth of his deal. Obviously it does have an impact but he's already proved to be well worth the money spent imo both for on field performance and marketing appeal.

No

The worst thing he ever did was leave Hawthorn. Could have had 4 flags already but will retire with 2. Sydney aint winning s**t in the next 5 years

In terms of simple odds you'd say probably not. Say he has 5 years left and there are 18 teams so that already puts it about 28% assuming Sydney have an average chance of winning the flag each year. I think Sydney could go either way personally. They do have some good younger players that could take big steps but its hard to know if or when.

Nope. I think Sydney miss the eight next season.

Played in a losing GF vs Sydney in 2012 and losing GF vs Hawthorn in 2014.

He had chances in 2014 and 2016 but they didn't win it. At least he has won 2 premierships in 2008 and 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think he will, but I also dont think he would be a chance to kick 1000 goals had he of stayed at Hawthorn. Career wise it was the better move to get a lengthy contract to give him a shot at the 1K club which would net him serious dollars after football as well as immortalising him as one of the greats.

No....He missed out on 2, while he also cost Hawthorn the 2012 flag & the Swans the 2016 Flag.....So that's 4.....Ouch!

Aint Karma grand!

yeah 2 flags at least , 300 games, 1000 goals, all time time great, millions of bucks, model wife

karma bus got him good

yeah 2 flags at least , 300 games, 1000 goals, all time time great, millions of bucks, model wife

karma bus got him good

I can only refer you to what the man said himself, upon his arrival in Sydney, circa the end of 2013: " I came here to qin premierships."....End of quote.

So lets examine the record then:

2014....Lost badly.....Would have won if he stayed.
2015....Missed out on the Granny altogether & out in straight sets....If he had stayed a Hawk, that would have been Number 4.
2016....Played a Major role in losing to the Doggies.....That's 3 gone!.
2017...Went missing against the Cats again in the Semis & out.
2018...MIA again against the Giants & out again.

The 2 years prior to that:

2012....Melts down on the biggest stage of them all, on a bloke playing on one leg, & it's 4 Gone.
2013.....Kicks 1 goal from an umpiring gift from a 50 meter penalty bang in front of goal.....Clarko uses him as a decoy for the entire match thereafter.

So much for the greatest tall forward since Carey......His finals record is average to poor.

A complete lack of intestinal fortitude has the Budmeister.

He didnt go to win premierships, he went because he was smitten with Jesinta Campbell. And probably sick of people coming up to him, and wanted to do substances in peace

Back