Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

OMFG what a game! i for one have been getting stuck into him all year as not being up to it - but the last month he's gone from strength to strength which culminated today in a near BOG. Even going into today I was thinking I'd prefer Sewell, but how wrong i was! Am speechless at his performance today
Very wrong i cannot even understand how you could start bagging out a kid that has a crack and played less than 20 games and bleeds brown and gold,i could not understand how he was dropped for those few games,Wil Langford is Hawthorn!!!!

Last edited:

I don't question his on field leadership, may not be the best off-field leader though.
A 22 yo cannot be a good off field leader immediately. Bookmark this for the future. He is a beautiful speaker besides the cracked tooth and I believe will allay your concerns in the coming years. He comes from good stock both football and leadership wise

My policy with young players is give them time, never write them off or assume they'll be a star, based on 20 or 30 games. Young players can improve & develop or fall away.

But it's hard not to get excited about Will after the season he's had, and the great finals campaign he's played. He has got everything you'd want in a young player, ball-winning skills, pace and poise.

And one of the most impressive things is his fitness - he's still running hard at the end of the game.

For a kid with only 20 games to his name, Langford's finals series was nothing short of phenomenal!....His 2 games against the Cats was a key factor in breaking their strangle-hold over us!....His speed & presence in our midfield is just what the doctor ordered!

not only did Langford demoralise Geelong in those 2 games, but he absolutely shut down Boak after 1/4 time (with Boak only doing well in the last 5-10 mins when the Hawks were playing out of charachter defensively) and gathered 29 possies in the prelim whilst tagging, then he provides the spark in the Grand Final against the Swans in the first Half that buried Sydney............BIG GAME PLAYER

He's so grounded too.

He knows what he wants and where he is at.

He will be super elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw your boy at my work. Was drinking a chocolate Big M. Does he ever look like he isn't enjoying life?

Hahaha
Chocolate?
That's soooooo Langers!

*Sorry... I've been watching that silly rugby thing - I got nuthin...:(

This new post on Hawthornfc.com.au brought a big grin to my face (review of Will Langford). Cannot wait to see the growth and polish his game will grow into in the next couple of years...

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2014-11-04/2014-review-will-langford
Nice one Kuuz.
For all the worry about rebuilding our midfield once we lose a few of the older guys, we have plucked a gun midfielder for the next ten years from an obscure NSW scholarship pick.
How sweet it is for the club to get so much value from this while other clubs burn first rounders left right and centre.

Watching his 3 Grand Final Goals in a highlights package made me realise that they were all sensational. Big game player.

My favourite one is the second. The third was a cheeky fluke, but the second is why he beat Sewell into the Final 22. That burst of speed out of the centre and poise to kick a goal from 50 was exquisite. That, and the nice handoff assist by Norm Smith Hodgey ;)

My favourite one is the second. The third was a cheeky fluke, but the second is why he beat Sewell into the Final 22. That burst of speed out of the centre and poise to kick a goal from 50 was exquisite. That, and the nice handoff assist by Norm Smith Hodgey ;)
My favourite moment of the GF and certainly my favourite goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back