Will this season get finished or will it be null and void?

Remove this Banner Ad

as a neutral I often forget Woewoden, Cooney or goldilocks from West Coast (can’t even think of his name right now) won them too...as much as they represent, it’s a team sport, so individual honours are just a bit of candy on the side. I know it’s the go-to thing now...”oooh an asterisk”. I don’t think many will care about that too much...if it happens*
I should have given a bit of context that I can recall every other winner since 93 pretty much instantly and a lot of that is due to watching it on the night and seeing the acceptance speech etc. Whereas with those 2 because it was after the fact I often forget they won it

Belgian league is done.

Bruges champions, no relegation, top two of the 2nd Division promoted, European places based on current standings.

First domino to fall.

Just had a look into their very weird league system, can’t really compare that to any of the major leagues to just replicate it elsewhere to be fair for all teams.

There is/was 1 more game left in the first stage, Club Brugge 15 pts clear & 2pts separating 2nd-4th.

Only real controversy there is that the team in 2nd is CL qualification, 3rd & 4th is EL qualification (different rounds). That said, Gent are 2nd & their last game was the bottom team away who are very lucky, but also had a chance of survival if they won.

Compared to England, can’t really begrudge the top 4 but take Liverpool & Sheffield Utd for example. Sure, they were going to win the league but you can’t award them & do nothing else for the rest of the comp. If they did the same & award Euro places on current standing, Sheffield Utd would be ropable as their game in hand could see them go 5th which is Europe, instead of their current 7th standing.

Congratulations on becoming the new FAITH

Whatever happened to the polite middle age poster that doesn't like throwing out cheap personal insults? Ill refrain from responding this time around.

In the meantime you could probably do with a holiday to Chile when this is all over.

Just had a look into their very weird league system, can’t really compare that to any of the major leagues to just replicate it elsewhere to be fair for all teams.

There is/was 1 more game left in the first stage, Club Brugge 15 pts clear & 2pts separating 2nd-4th.

Only real controversy there is that the team in 2nd is CL qualification, 3rd & 4th is EL qualification (different rounds). That said, Gent are 2nd & their last game was the bottom team away who are very lucky, but also had a chance of survival if they won.

Compared to England, can’t really begrudge the top 4 but take Liverpool & Sheffield Utd for example. Sure, they were going to win the league but you can’t award them & do nothing else for the rest of the comp. If they did the same & award Euro places on current standing, Sheffield Utd would be ropable as their game in hand could see them go 5th which is Europe, instead of their current 7th standing.

Its a difficult one to work out. Relegation can be scrapped for a season, thats easy. European places, Leicester have to get CL for me. 4th place is close.

Hard to work out the rest, maybe give SU Europa because there likely wont be a FA Cup winner and the LC winner is either banned from Europe or playing CL.

It's gonna be difficult to resolve, that much is certain.

Whatever happened to the polite middle age poster that doesn't like throwing out cheap personal insults? Ill refrain from responding this time around.

In the meantime you could probably do with a holiday to Chile when this is all over.
I don’t like throwing cheap personal insults. But when you are confronted with the behaviour of an arrogant fool what do you expect? Everything is a game to you right, even this Virus. Pathetic mate

I don’t like throwing cheap personal insults. But when you are confronted with the behaviour of an arrogant fool what do you expect? Everything is a game to you right, even this Virus. Pathetic mate

Thanks for admitting you were throwing cheap personal insults out.

Ill do the respectable thing and not respond in the same way. Best wishes to you in these tough times.

Its a difficult one to work out. Relegation can be scrapped for a season, thats easy. European places, Leicester have to get CL for me. 4th place is close.

Hard to work out the rest, maybe give SU Europa because there likely wont be a FA Cup winner and the LC winner is either banned from Europe or playing CL.

It's gonna be difficult to resolve, that much is certain.

Did think of that option, but then the teams still in cup contention have a case. It’s just very messy, if it’s not safe to resume playing cancelling it is the fairest way for the majority.

It’s not safe to resume if the idea is to quarantine everyone away for a televised mega tournament just to get it finished.

Boldest call for the FA would be to declare all leagues have no titles, promotions or relegations. Leeds & West Brom have a nice gap, but nothing that can’t be reeled in with 9 games left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did think of that option, but then the teams still in cup contention have a case. It’s just very messy, if it’s not safe to resume playing cancelling it is the fairest way for the majority.

It’s not safe to resume if the idea is to quarantine everyone away for a televised mega tournament just to get it finished.

Boldest call for the FA would be to declare all leagues have no titles, promotions or relegations. Leeds & West Brom have a nice gap, but nothing that can’t be reeled in with 9 games left.

Cant see that being a realistic option. Youve got the likes of Leicester who making CL makes a huge difference to them and theyve earnt it.

Youre right about Leeds not having an unassailable lead. But there will have to be some promotions otherwise everyone in the Champuonship with a realistic chance of promotion would have to be refunded the wages and transfer fees theyve spent this season plus the 170m pounds promotion is worth.

How you work out promotions if no more games are played is going to be difficult.

Last edited:
Mate....that is literally what you do...every league will handle things differently...

And thats what ive been saying all along whereas some were saying the only option is to void the league. Theres no set rules to the scenario we face, what happened in Chile & Belgium is one option, voiding is another.

Harsh. Definitely the most repetitive and predictable though.
He’s acted appallingly of late. Shown a real nasty side. Not least towards me. Don’t mind saying I’ll laugh in his face if Liverpool are denied the title because it’s obvious that’s all he really cares about. And doing something like that is not what I’m really about

He’s acted appallingly of late. Shown a real nasty side. Not least towards me. Don’t mind saying I’ll laugh in his face if Liverpool are denied the title because it’s obvious that’s all he really cares about. And doing something like that is not what I’m really about

I would give up the title straight away if it meant getting rid of corona virus and guaranteeing someone like yourself in an at risk catergory remains healthy.

Stay safe & best wishes to you and your family.

And thats what ive been saying all along whereas some were saying the only option is to void the league. Theres no set rules to the scenario we face, what happened in Chile & Belgium is one option, voiding is another.
You used what happened in Chile as precedent and tried to argue that was the only way.

Nah I didn't. Never once said it was the only way. It literally was the only precedent until the Belgium league.
No....you just discredited every other way and suggestion and said it should be the same way as Chile.

No....you just discredited every other way and suggestion and said it should be the same way as Chile.

Nope, said it was an option.

You attempted to discredit it as an option completely because Chile is a corrupt country but now Belgium has done the very same thing.

Your posts all along have implied that void / cancel is the only way to go.

The reality is there's no set rule and its a very complicated thing to resolve.

Nope, said it was an option.

You attempted to discredit it as an option completely because Chile is a corrupt country but now Belgium has done the very same thing.

Your posts all along have implied that void / cancel is the only way to go.

The reality is there's no set rule and its a very complicated thing to resolve.

Of course you can, common sense was used their and will be here. It is the only precedent for this situation. UK isnt part of Europe either btw.
This was a reply to WR, not me, outlining that following Chile was the only option. Amusingly, it was the same post in which you claimed that the UK wasn't part of Europe.

Sam isn't alone. 563 died in Britain yesterday alone.
Can't see this subsiding in time.

There are still a lot of ignorant or selfish *ers over here not self isolating / social distancing properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back