Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE! - Pt.2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oak79

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
The burgers white boxes with red text are better at Hungry Jack's

New 2019 home guernsey

That looks terrible - the Burger sits nicely on the wing.

The lack of gold logo is disturbing. Was brought in the year after our last premiership (2007 cats were first to have it) - maybe they scrapped to ensure we don't get it, making 2017 Tigers the last :p /conspiracytheories

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah we’ll get it. I’ll wait until I see something on the eagles team store site before I believe it.

Also seems strange to use the burger on all other merch except the jumpers?? If they’re worried about not being able to see it, why use it on official merch likes the polos and training gear which will be viewed on TV also?

TY24

Advocate for Mitchell Marsh's Test Captaincy
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Lakers. RBHRT
Nah we’ll get it. I’ll wait until I see something on the eagles team store site before I believe it.

Also seems strange to use the burger on all other merch except the jumpers?? If they’re worried about not being able to see it, why use it on official merch likes the polos and training gear which will be viewed on TV also?
I’d be extremely surprised if the HJs burger logo wasn’t on the front of the jumper.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe they’re in the process of changing their logo so this is just a placeholder

Heard they’re removing Olde English cheese from their burgers too. campaigners

TY24

Advocate for Mitchell Marsh's Test Captaincy
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Lakers. RBHRT
Maybe they’re in the process of changing their logo so this is just a placeholder

Heard they’re removing Olde English cheese from their burgers too. campaigners
I doubt it, because the 2019 gear has all been produced with the burger logo.

Honestly I think it’s just a 5 minute job from ISC where they’ve chucked a wordmark over the existing SGIO logo because they couldn’t be arsed making a new mock-up. That would explain the lack of gold premiers logo as well.

FXD_

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast

Honestly I think it’s just a 5 minute job from ISC where they’ve chucked a wordmark over the existing SGIO logo because they couldn’t be arsed making a new mock-up. That would explain the lack of gold premiers logo as well.

Prepare to be extremely surprised.

AFL Club
West Coast

Most of the guernseys ISC produce look like a 5 minute job... this being true and nobody even realising there should be a gold logo on it would not surprise me in the least!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
who’s got the skills to overlay an ISC image of our 2018 home guernsey, with this HJs mock up one?? I’d guess that the white box covers the old SGIO exactly, whereas the burger logo wouldn’t. This is why I’m still holding out hope that it’ll be the burger and not the text box

FXD_

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
who’s got the skills to overlay an ISC image of our 2018 home guernsey, with this HJs mock up one?? I’d guess that the white box covers the old SGIO exactly, whereas the burger logo wouldn’t. This is why I’m still holding out hope that it’ll be the burger and not the text box
It's new artwork. The AFL logo is in a different position, and the top of the SGIO oval would protrude above the overlaid HJ box. Get a ruler and line it up with the top of the SGIO logo and see how much space there is to the bottom of the ISC logo.

Also the eagle head is bigger on 2019.

Dazzler10

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
I can't fathom that that is how HJ's would want their logo to be displayed.

I don't have any theories as to how it happened, but the HJ's box surely won't end up on the 2019 guernseys. (That's just my guess, we will find out in the fullness of time)

The Cheesecake

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
The HJs wordmark looks fine lol, got a bit of a retro feel to it. The only injustice is the lack of gold logo so far. Also going by the two jumpers side by side it looks like next year's blue could be a little darker?

Aether_

Stranger than kindness
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
Hungry Jack's wordmark a lot more legible and easier to read/recall than the burger.
It's a complete departure from HJ's branding. The burger logo is instantly recognisable, even with the less legible text. I can't recall seeing an advertisement without it (billboard/bus stops/print etc).

AFL Club
West Coast
The only way it makes sense to change is if the homes now have HJ's front and back with burger at the back and the aways have Lendi front and back...

Strange to change now given the burger sat alongside the new lendi logo during the draft. That being said the club is not as anal about this sort of stuff as we are

IMG_9266.JPG

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah it’ll be HJs front and Lendi back across the board for home away and clash, it’s just what the actual logos will look like that we aren’t sure about.

FXD_

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a complete departure from HJ's branding. The burger logo is instantly recognisable, even with the less legible text. I can't recall seeing an advertisement without it (billboard/bus stops/print etc).
I wouldn't say complete departure, it's just a part of the logo isolated and enlarged. Was also used on the back of guernseys from 2003 to 2011.

I'd prefer the burger on the front, but this is what HJs were working with trying to get some name recall from that logo:

Dazzler10

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
I wouldn't say complete departure, it's just a part of the logo isolated and enlarged. Was also used on the back of guernseys from 2003 to 2011.

I'd prefer the burger on the front, but this is what HJs were working with trying to get some name recall from that logo:

I'd be very very happy to run with that in 2019

Top Bottom