Opinion Winning - It's a weird feeling.

Remove this Banner Ad

I kinda expected this season next, thought 2013 was the time frame where the age and game bracket of our list would really come together, so its hasnt totally caught me off guard.

We have built a very good, balanced list. No glaring holes, and there is no doubt we are coached well, the players believe and the whole club is on one page.

I still think we little off totally coming together - look at the list, there is still upside galore from quality young talls in Hurley, TBell, Pears, Hooker, Carlisle!! heck even Ryder plus quality young mids still 20-30 games off in Zaka, Melk, Benny H and the level behind them.

2013-14 might be a special time to follow this great club of ours.

This could be a repeat of '93, we just need a Brownlow Medalist 1st :D

My earliest memory of being an Essendon fan was the comeback win against the Dees in 92'. My dad is a long suffering dee fan and I often think what might have been had I i not seen the light.
I must be a different beast from my dad as I now have 3 boys of my own. And they are/will be Bombers for life.
Maybe my long suffering old man knew I would have more joy with the dons and thus, didn't fight my decision.
Being a Bombers fan in the 90s I always thought we could win from any position and was blessed to see many great games/players. I remember being so relaxed about results in that period of 99 -01 and just expecting to win. I deffinitely took it for granted!
The last 10 years have been tougher, but I never lost my love or respect for this great football club! I'm just going to enjoy the ride this year! No point worrying about when we will hit the wall etc.. Just enjoy winning again!

Really? I think we may be in for a rude awakening if they control the middle, like they did through the 2nd half, for a whole game. Not to mention the wasted chances up forward.

Don't be like a Carlton supporter. We played as well as our player's bodies would allow and Richmond would allow.

I'm not under selling Rich or anyone else, i think you're under selling Ess of 2012 if anything.
Our rucks/mids are now able to match/exceed other midfields & simply had an off half, which lead to the rest of the team going into panic/survival mode for the first time this season.
We never got that frantic press functioning all night, and when we turned it over constantly (another first this season) in the 3rd qtr they got inspired, its as simple as that.
The only problem i had was it took too long to arrest the slide, but the players and coaches should learn from it, & i wouldn't expect it to happen again. Don't jump off just yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back