Women's football licences to be announced today- who gets in???

Remove this Banner Ad

No but your bids overlap the same area therefore it should have been one or the other not both.

All we have heard so far is that we were accepted for reasons other than brand size.

If you believe that one team should have been chosen to represent the area, then figure out what work has been done and what the bids were. You can't suggest both were undeserving because you don't know which one to target.

I think the only way I would question Carlton is the merits of them against Geelong - I know there were flaws down there too, but Geelong bloody loves the Cats, they'd show up to a grass-growing competition if it meant supporting the Cats. Can't say that for others.

That's really just future crowd speculation though. It says nothing as to the strength of our bid, the work we have put in, the strength of our zone or whether Carlton were the last ones accepted so are the ones to compare against.

If you believe that one team should have been chosen to represent the area, then figure out what work has been done and what the bids were. You can't suggest both were undeserving because you don't know which one to target.
I don't care which of you should have lost out just that one of you should have. If Collingwood was always a certainty then it bloody well should have been Carlton missing out.

That's really just future crowd speculation though. It says nothing as to the strength of our bid, the work we have put in, the strength of our zone or whether Carlton were the last ones accepted so are the ones to compare against.
Oh I know. By the sounds of it, both sounds put in very good bids. Personally I'm not fussed either way.

I don't care which of you should have lost out just that one of you should have. If Collingwood was always a certainty then it bloody well should have been Carlton missing out.

So you think a team that has put in a bid just as good as anybody else, has renovated facilities for the team, a strong zone that they have been working tirelessly in for a while, has sponsors already on board should bloody well miss out if the AFL wanted Collingwood's brand all along.

So you're big on teams being deserving but wanted Carlton to be screwed over by the AFL despite being deserving. Right.

I realise it is hard to back track when you come on too strong too fast but maybe you should be attacking the AFL over their choice of other teams a little more instead of persevering with making this fit an undeserving Carlton scenario.

It's pretty insulting to the people who worked so hard to get our bid up including the women players we have got on board who are incredibly proud of their efforts and excited right now.

So you're big on teams being deserving but wanted Carlton to be screwed over by the AFL despite being deserving. Right.
I'd rather Carlton be screwed over than St Kilda. I just want you to admit we got screwed over not that you were any more deserving.

Is there any sort of grouping/sister club system, to tell me what team I'm meant to barrack for? Because I hate all of these s**t plastic clubs :$

I'm experiencing deja vu.

"Tirelessly"?

lol

That's your challenge? Stuff all else to offer I guess. There's some deja vu for you.

Anything constructive you would like to discuss JD?

I'd rather Carlton be screwed over than St Kilda. I just want you to admit we got screwed over not that you were any more deserving.

How do I know if you were screwed over? You talk geography and then go on about how undeserving Carlton are, now want me to concede that St Kilda were deserving in that they should have got our spot or someone else's.

Go attack the Dogs bid or the Dees bid or explore the Pies bid a little more than you have, tell them you would rather them getting screwed over, then ask them to admit the Saints were screwed over instead of defending their bid.

This is fanciful stuff.

Is there any sort of grouping/sister club system, to tell me what team I'm meant to barrack for? Because I hate all of these s**t plastic clubs :$

How about waiting for your provisional licence to develop into a full licence and support your own team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We started the competition, oldest team in the land, surely you can appreciate history?

Daisy Pearce may quit if she doesn't get a playing gig at Melbourne?
Semi joking I think, almost everyone who has talked to her (Gil included) has cracked a joke about it in some way. I think everyone knows she'll be a Dee.

After watching the Daisy Pearce interview it's pretty clear she wasn't 'threatening' anything.

They'll work through most players' individual circumstances - it's not like the men's competition where they are living and breathing it all year round and being paid accordingly. There has to be some leeway, you can't upturn their lives - at least not until it's a fully professional competition with appropriate wages.

The Saints should ve put in a better bid... Simple as that.
To sit here and cry about the decision and come up with moronic conspiracy theories is laughable.

Semi joking I think, almost everyone who has talked to her (Gil included) has cracked a joke about it in some way. I think everyone knows she'll be a Dee.

And so she should be.

The Saints should ve put in a better bid... Simple as that.
To sit here and cry about the decision and come up with moronic conspiracy theories is laughable.
What rot.

How do you know how good our bid was or wasn't?

I have no doubt the relocation of the club's training facility played a part. However I also have no doubt that this wouldn't have been a problem if our 'brand' was seen as more marketable.

Personally I don't have a problem with Carlton getting a team. They seem perfectly set up for one. It doesn't make sense though for Collingwood to also be awarded one ahead of other teams. What are they adding that Carlton can't?

The reason St Kilda are pissed is we already have a female assistant coach. A coach that now will be poached by financially stronger clubs on the AFL's dime (as will male assistant coaches from other clubs).

Don't need to invent conspiracy theories to see the practical implications this has or the potential impact these licences can have on rorting the football operations cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back