Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was great that the Aussies had a win overnight against the Netherlands no less now granted it was not the Dutch football team, but it still involved a ball and a net.

Last edited:
Arnold came out yesterday and said something like we will be competitive because of the Australian spirit. What rot. That's like when little brother talks about playing "the Port Adelaide way" just as they get beaten by another top 8 side.

If he was trying to imply that we would win because we are stronger, faster and hungrier, then he should have watched Saudi Arabia v Argentina. Argentina were poor, but Saudi Arabia gave them no respect at all and got the win by taking it right up to them.
152851958_253880706310048_2601433554187319926_n.jpg

All the captains of European teams withdraw their threat to wear an armband supporting gay equality because they might get a yellow card.

Pathetic virtue signalling without any skerrick of integrity by a bunch of millionaires. I hope the Aussies all wear the armband, we are not winning anyways, take the card, have some damned integrity FFS.

Would have been a great sight.

The Australian team to proudly display the One Love armband to protest human right violations whilst proudly wearing their Nike Socceroos jersey made by a 6 year old in a sweat shop!!!!

Keep the politics off the pitch.

If he was trying to imply that we would win because we are stronger, faster and hungrier, then he should have watched Saudi Arabia v Argentina. Argentina werepoor, but Saudi Arabia gave them no respect at all and got the win by taking it right up to them.

Did you watch the Saudi Arabia game at all?

Argentina massively out classed them - similar to how we were outclassed against France.

The difference? Argentina didn't take their chances - France did.

We had 4 shots for 3 genuine chances - Goodwins goal, Duke's strike from 21 yards (grazed the post and had the keeper beat) and Jackson Irvine's header which hit the post with the keeper beat. We only captilzed on 1. The Saudi's had 3 shots for 2 genuine chances and capitalized on 2.

France had 62% of the ball, 23 shots for 7 shots on goal, and 8 corners.

Argentina had 69% of the ball, 15 shots for 6 shots on goal and 10 corners. They had 3 goals called back from line ball offside decisions.

Did you watch the Saudi Arabia game at all?

Argentina massively out classed them - similar to how we were outclassed against France.

The difference? Argentina didn't take their chances - France did.

We had 4 shots for 3 genuine chances - Goodwins goal, Duke's strike from 21 yards (grazed the post and had the keeper beat) and Jackson Irvine's header which hit the post with the keeper beat. We only captilzed on 1. The Saudi's had 3 shots for 2 genuine chances and capitalized on 2.

France had 62% of the ball, 23 shots for 7 shots on goal, and 8 corners.

Argentina had 69% of the ball, 15 shots for 6 shots on goal and 10 corners. They had 3 goals called back from line ball offside decisions.
Watched the whole game but can only assume it was a different game to the one you watched.

Except for the first 15 minutes, Argentina were terrible. Had a lot of the ball but no urgency or movement. Messi barely broke out of a stroll. I know it's his schtick, but when they were trying to do everything through him, he was very easy to defend against.

Argentina were caught offside time and time again because Saudi's played an aggressive defensive line.

Then Saudi's started playing a lot like the old Argentina. i.e. Dirty. Lots of cynical fouls. Lots of talk. No respect to Argentina at all.

Argentina thought it would be a win by default. They were wrong.

Watched the whole game but can only assume it was a different game to the one you watched.

Except for the first 15 minutes, Argentina were terrible. Had a lot of the ball but no urgency or movement. Messi barely broke out of a stroll. I know it's his schtick, but when they were trying to do everything through him, he was very easy to defend against.

Argentina were caught offside time and time again because Saudi's played an aggressive defensive line.

Then Saudi's started playing a lot like the old Argentina. i.e. Dirty. Lots of cynical fouls. Lots of talk. No respect to Argentina at all.

I thought the Saudi goalkeeper had a massive game as well as there was some good defending and some poor finishing by the Argi's. Messi was poor.

The French started out slowly against us. The goal woke them up.

Argentina started out dominating, scored early and then coasted. A 5 minute period with two goals then changed the landscape of the game. That wasn't coaching or strategy it was a purple patch where the Saudi's took their only chances. All 3 of their shots on goal came within 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

The Saudi's were terrible the first half and came out with a bang to start the second. They then just sat with 11 behind the ball and tried to withstand the barrage of shots by the Argentinians.

Credit to the Saudi's they got the 3 points and did what was necessary and created a massive upset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The French started out slowly against us. The goal woke them up.

Argentina started out dominating, scored early and then coasted. A 5 minute period with two goals then changed the landscape of the game. That wasn't coaching or strategy it was a purple patch where the Saudi's took their only chances. All 3 of their shots on goal came within 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

The Saudi's were terrible the first half and came out with a bang to start the second. They then just sat with 11 behind the ball and tried to withstand the barrage of shots by the Argentinians.

Credit to the Saudi's they got the 3 points and did what was necessary and created a massive upset.
Teams like Saudi Arabia don't beat Argentina by being a better football side.

They beat them by being disciplined, holding the line, being aggressive to knock your opponents off their game and then when the opportunities come, you convert. Australia were none of those things, except the conversion in the 9th minute which shows that at the World Cup, no matter bad you are and no matter how good your opponent, there will always be opportunities created to score goals.

There is always an element of good fortune. For all France's dominance, their second goal against us was 100% our fault and nothing to do with coaching or strategy either if you take that view.

I'm going to give the Iranian defender the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trying to save Harry Maguire from a giant flying insect.

Maradona’s goal is the WC GOAT but a fan of Van Persia’s too.

I have to agree that's good.
Are you talking hand of God or the dribble around all the England players. Hand of God for me just because how brazen it was, and it pissed off all the poms.

Back