Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Duke is our 8th goal scorer in a World Cup.

Who are the other 7?

Cahill, Aloisi, Kewell

Holman from memory

Did Emerton get one?

Goodwin last game

Not sure of the other(s)
Moore penalty v Croatia. Emerton scored in this game too.

Jedinak penalties v France, Denmark & Dutch

Last edited:

Duke is our 8th goal scorer in a World Cup.

Who are the other 7?

Cahill, Aloisi, Kewell

Holman from memory

Did Emerton get one?

Goodwin last game

Not sure of the other(s)

Not sure if that's correct. Cahill scored 2 and Aloisi Scored 1. Moore scored a Penalty against Croatia. Jedinak scored a couple. From my count its 13 goals.
Yeah, picked me up before my edit.

Can someone tell me if the Referee's are Full Time in Soccer ? ......they look two levels of competence above AFL Umps .....they actually use commonsense, and not fearful of big brother AFL house
Not sure if full time but most earn a good professional wage. Especially the European. Believe me they have their howlers, but the soccer rules are not as complex as AFL and you note 1 ref as against 3 AFL umps on the field with different interpretations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me if the Referee's are Full Time in Soccer ? ......they look two levels of competence above AFL Umps .....they actually use commonsense, and not fearful of big brother AFL house
Historically, generally not. Though it's quite common now. The AFL actually started hinting towards full time officials before most soccer leagues in the world, then backed down.

You're seeing more of a combination of a) survival of the fittest; And b) the various equivalents of AFL house have a big brother above them.

Thought the same .....I thought at least Gold in place of the lime green .....but what's with the stupid design around the neck ?
Yeah, not sure about that neck design... but not too fussed as we are 100% in this jumper...

Historically, generally not. Though it's quite common now. The AFL actually started hinting towards full time officials before most soccer leagues in the world, then backed down.

You're seeing more of a combination of a) survival of the fittest; And b) the various equivalents of AFL house have a big brother above them.
The AFL seems to have a rule of the week or month that they go for and don't appear to tell the teams playing.

The AFL seems to have a rule of the week or month that they go for and don't appear to tell the teams playing.
At the local level here you see the same thing. They've changed VAR so many times its basically useless now

When Adelaide knocked Sydney out of the first FFA cup thanks to a red card, Fox sports whined so persistently that A-League officials basically gave zero red cards for anything less than a broken leg for the next 18 months or so.

At the local level here you see the same thing. They've changed VAR so many times its basically useless now

When Adelaide knocked Sydney out of the first FFA cup thanks to a red card, Fox sports whined so persistently that A-League officials basically gave zero red cards for anything less than a broken leg for the next 18 months or so.
Sydney commentators whinging about Sydney being knocked out. I can't believe it. :think:

What we need is France to beat Denmark or a draw may do. We would need a draw to progress against Denmark in the next match to progress. I can't see Tunisia beating France.

1669466341705.png

What we need is France to beat Denmark or a draw may do. We would need a draw to progress against Denmark in the next match to progress. I can't see Tunisia beating France.

View attachment 1561728
I think a draw works out best for Australia.

It doesn't change the landscape as in needing to draw to make the Round of 16, but It means that France go into their final game playing for a result to ensure they qualify.

Back