Worst Coach your club has ever had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse is the perfect example of players not playing for the coach. Disconnected with the playing group and applied an outdated strategy. Worst coach of the last 5 years. His exit would be amongst the most embarrassing thing to have happened to the club. Absolute sook.
#stillmad

Milkshake was a trainwreck. All he wanted to do was stick it up Eddie, and to get the games record. Added nothing, and didn't seem to care either, and took away a lot from your club. Only he would be able to tell you where his head was at, but it certainly wasn't with the Carlton football club.

1.Blight
2. Lyon
3.Richardson

Watson after blight then Watters

Blight cos he took the cash and didn’t give a *
Watson just because he was bad
Watters because he suffered from little man syndrome and thought the way to reform was to defy basically everyone at the club, tactically thought he was ok.

Watson after blight then Watters

Blight cos he took the cash and didn’t give a ****
Watson just because he was bad
Watters because he suffered from little man syndrome and thought the way to reform was to defy basically everyone at the club, tactically thought he was ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckenara nearly helped killed off the club, so it's pretty clearly him.
On the one hand, and to be fair, anyone would have struggled to coach the Swans at that time. Also to be fair, he should never have been given the job in the first place as he was woefully under qualified to take on such an enormous task.

However, I know a few people who were around the club at the time (including a couple of players) who all have stories to tell about his coaching abilities and techniques - or lack there of. He was, in a word, hopeless.

Ken Judge is the worse results based but that little shitzen period landed us out next flag.

Somewhat controversial but I’d Worsefold is our worst given the keys he was given. Already had Kerr, Cox, Embly, Judd, Glass and cousins at the club when he arrived. Only eeked out one flag with a once in a generation kind of midfield. Ignored off field problems that came back to bite on the ass. As well as been a tactically inept coach and developing the massive boys culture that preceded the party boi era. Great leader of man and grateful for the flag but massively underwhelming in the grand scheme of things

Most coaches are generally as good as their list. Never seen a bad premiership coach and also never seen a good coach come last. There is always better coaches than others but you will never convince me that if Mark Neeld had Hawthorns list that he would not of been successful.

Some coaches are doomed by the list they have, and I think people overestimate the role and control the head coach has over drafting, list management and development too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back