Worst umpiring decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a one off, but just whenever a player goes for the footy on the deck and is swarmed by 4 opponents who sit on his back and pin his arms while he thrashes around trying to let go of the footy.....that's not holding the ball you ******* maggots!

I just disagree that the Darling one is "clear" and that the camera angle is incapable of showing otherwise. Simple as that. Willing to concede that the goal umpire on the line was in a much better position.

Quite a few.

www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-10-brisbane-vs-west-coast.954283

Just checked the thread, plenty of neutrals saying it needed a replay as well...
All in all you guys won, probably deserved it after the way we played... I feel it was a bad decision...
And in that respect feel a bit robbed, but life goes on.. Hopefully next year it doesnt hinge on decisons..
I think we can agree on that..?

Just checked the thread, plenty of neutrals saying it needed a replay as well...
All in all you guys won, probably deserved it after the way we played... I feel it was a bad decision...
And in that respect feel a bit robbed, but life goes on.. Hopefully next year it doesnt hinge on decisons..
I think we can agree on that..?

Would have been a travesty if a replay had been called. There was no vision of it that would have made a difference.

The only person who could possibly have seen it (apart from McKeever) was the goal umpire. And he had absolutely no doubt.

Very disappointing that some Eagles fans focus on that umpiring decision from that game. The Lions played some excellent football in that last quarter to come back and win. Sometimes it does happen that a team gets a run of good decisions from the umpires to help them win a close game but that certainly wasn't what happened that day.

iKvHFBNkyFoT.gif

Lol, you can't see the tackle pushing Darling's fist into his own face? o_O

Since this has predictably turned into a 'team X got a chariot ride against my team' thread rather than a thread on individual decisions, I'm gonna have to bring up the last quarter of the Port versus Essendon game last year. The single most blatantly biased quarter of football that I've ever witnessed at any level. A 34 point Port Adelaide lead was reeled in within about 8 minutes due to an umpiring performance so biased that even Essendon supporters on Bigfooty were saying that we were robbed, let alone neutrals. Nearly got us the spoon.

Hard to imagine that the Port team of 2012 could blow a 34 point lead. :confused:

Sorry, meant to say 2011. Forgot that 2011 isn't 'last year' anymore.

And yes, I know we were somewhat to blame, but if there was ever a time where the umpires can be blamed for a loss, it was that match. I very, very rarely play that card, but when even Essendon supporters are saying that we were robbed, then they obviously had an influence.

Hard to imagine the Port team of 2011 could blow a 34 point lead..... :confused:

Yes, and I've already acknowledged that we weren't blameless so I'm not sure what your point is. Unless you're trying to say that umpires have never influenced the outcome of the match, in which case your point is idiotic.

An umpiring decision has never been the single (or even remotely) the cause of a team winning or losing a game.

There was one this year paid against Will Schofield for a HTB. He was storming down the right wing and the opposition player lunged at him during the chase and grabbed his jumper, held it for a grand total of 1 second and slipped off. Schofield kept running without breaking stride until the ump called him back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any free paid to Saints in 2009 Prelim. Holding the ball against Hargrave because the umpire didnt see him actually kick the ball but even worse was a free for Riewoldts blatant dive against Lake prior to 3rd Q starting. Don't get me started on the Liberatore non goal in 97 prelim.

When the umpire paid 50m against Adam Goodes because he pointed at him.

I still laugh about it..seriously, he pointed at the umpire. Classic
On a similar note, I remember Ben Hudson got a 50m against him for putting his arms up and saying "What?!" against Essendon (?) in 2011. Last year's prelim against Hawthorn had too many to list.

Going back a few years into the 90's I recall Greg Williams celebrating in the goal square after a West coast rushed through a behind. Williams was rewarded with a goal for his great acting that he kicked it.

You do realize that something can be an influencing factor without being the sole cause, right? Sure, no amount of umpiring could've saved Port in the 2007 Grand Final, for example, but the umpiring can most certainly be an influencing factor in close games and you're incredibly naive if you think otherwise. Especially when it's not just one isolated decision but it's a whole quarter or a whole game full of them.

The sole reason that teams lose games is because the opposition scores more than them. Period. How does that happen? Generally (But not always) because one team played better than the other.

Umpiring decisions are pretty much the least influencing factor that determines the result of a game. Can it alter the score? Sure. But not the result.

Can it alter the score? Sure. But not the result.

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

I'll leave you to work out the incredibly obvious flaw in your logic, delete your post and apologize for wasting the time of anybody unfortunate enough to read it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back