WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking into doing some form of

"WWF 90's PPV Bookclub"

Where each week we have a nominated PPV from the 90's to watch and then discuss. Its my favorite period from 1991 up until the game changing 1997 AE. We could have a poll to determine which PPV is next or we can just do chronological order. Something to think about atleast with the footy season almost over. Or maybe im just an old bastard and you kids would rather watch John Cena and Roman Reigns :( which makes me sad

Maybe do 1 per month?

once grand final week is over ill post a thread and try to garner some interest. Looking at a poll to pick a year and then just going through the year in chronological order. Maybe fortnightly or monthly see how goes.

once grand final week is over ill post a thread and try to garner some interest. Looking at a poll to pick a year and then just going through the year in chronological order. Maybe fortnightly or monthly see how goes.

Great idea mate, when you do I'll sticky it.

gWHGQPQ.jpg

WWE surveying different pricing tiers. Interesting stuff, especially if they air TNA/ROH etc on the network.

On a rare Friday night edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez detailed new tiered pricing plans that WWE is considering offering for the WWE Network.

Alvarez noted that WWE is doing market research on the new plans, and Meltzer said they’re looking very strongly at moving to a four-tiered system.

Notably, WWE is considering an enhanced $14.99 a month pricing tier that would include the ability to watch regular content from non-WWE promotions on the Network.

Meltzer said that it’s not a secret that WWE has been talking to TNA about their video library. He noted that they definitely want TNA and Ring of Honor, and there have been rumblings of talks with ROH, possibly about their library.

No deals have been made with any promotions, but Meltzer speculated that EVOLVE and World Wrestling Network content, among other independent promotions, could be a good fit given their pre-existing relationship with WWE.

Meltzer compared the system to what the UFC is currently doing with streaming other MMA promotions on UFC Fight Pass. He also noted that there is a competitor looking to get into the business of streaming independent wrestling shows.

The new enhanced tier would offer live episodes of NXT, but Meltzer didn’t know if that meant that NXT would now tape weekly or if their tapings would just be streamed live. The Cruiserweight Classic would also be expanded to a regular series showcasing matches from cruiserweight wrestlers. That show would be available on both the $14.99 and $9.99 a month tiers.

The $14.99 a month plan would also offer exclusive perks, including voting for the WWE Hall of Fame, first access to purchasing event tickets, second screen content, and invitations to exclusive VIP meet ups.

Additionally, WWE is considering adding a free plan and $4.99 a month plan to the purchasing options. The free tier would include access to the WWE Network 24/7 live stream, but the stream would be blocked out during WWE PPVs and episodes of NXT and the Cruiserweight Classic. The tier would also include access to five hours of archived content a month, but all content would include a heavy amount of commercials.

The $4.99 a month plan would be available only on phones and tablets. It would include access to the WWE Network 24/7 live stream and video archive. The “big four” PPVs (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series) would stream live, but all other PPVs would be blocked out on the live stream. Episodes of NXT would be available to watch, but wouldn’t be live.

The $9.99 a month plan would be similar to what is currently being offered, but would include the addition of live episodes of NXT and access to the new Cruiserweight Classic series. All WWE PPVs would still be streamed live and it would still include full access to the video archives.

I'm on the fence about a new Cruiserweight series and live weekly NXT. Personally, I'd stick with the current price unless the independent libraries were really interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back