You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

What a sick individual you are. How dare you suggest that I am trolling simply because you do not agree with me. I am not a run to the corner and stomp my feet kind of guy like yourself. You are nothing but a troll who can't understand the concept of loyalty. The people trying to cause mayhem are those threatening to destroy memberships or not renew them. The only people they will impact is the players. It is members like you (that's if you even are a member) that we do not want or need. You belong on Royal Parade
Ok, I still don't believe you're serious

There are always issues if you look for them, I’m not arguing the toss on the compensation we received for Phillips , Treloar and Atu, I think it was low...but what you aren’t recognising is that only time can determine the value of a trade. He has lost pace and can’t kick, he might break down entirely and we never see him again...that’s a negative view but it’s also a likely scenario.

2 in 60 years is an ugly reality, but just shows that blaming Eddie and co is not entirely reasonable. It’s hard thing to do win premierships, it’s a competitive sport with salary caps and a meddling AFL. We almost always have some intervention against our favour whether it be umpiring or the AFL (Jason Cloke suspension 2002).

over the last 20 years I’d say we are after Geelong, hawks , Richmond as the next best performed...that’s a stark contrast to Essendon and Carlton who are similarly proud and ambitious clubs. Everybody wants to win.

With a bit of luck, and equitable umpiring we win 3 premierships in 20 years, does that make it ok? Even though all the other issues persist?

You're looking for excuses here. No one ever said it was easy to win flags, however there is no excuse for a club with resources like our club to be an abject failure over 6 decades.

Forget about the bomb outs and the blose, that's just a deflection to say 'hey look at least they're worse than us'. It's clear that sh*t like that won't fly anymore.

The whole idea of this competition is to be better than your competition, over those 6 decades we're clearly worse than the blose and bomb outs. No better than the dogs and barely better than the saints or dees, we're right at the bottom end. Can't be disputed, if you bring the amount of GF argument then you're part of the problem. Accepting that as success is the reason we haven't hardly had any success.

You're looking for excuses here. No one ever said it was easy to win flags, however there is no excuse for a club with resources like our club to be an abject failure over 6 decades.

Forget about the bomb outs and the blose, that's just a deflection to say 'hey look at least they're worse than us'. It's clear that sh*t like that won't fly anymore.

The whole idea of this competition is to be better than your competition, over those 6 decades we're clearly worse than the blose and bomb outs. No better than the dogs and barely better than the saints or dees, we're right at the bottom end. Can't be disputed, if you bring the amount of GF argument then you're part of the problem. Accepting that as success is the reason we haven't hardly had any success.
No body accepts GF losses as success. We’ve made a lot and we’ve lost a lot. Some of it is just plain bad luck. Our current situation is the result of salary cap mismanagement, nothing to do with our history of losing GFs

No body accepts GF losses as success. We’ve made a lot and we’ve lost a lot. Some of it is just plain bad luck. Our current situation is the result of salary cap mismanagement, nothing to do with our history of losing GFs

Then you're not looking at the big picture Jmac, if as a club you rely on luck then you'll NEVER win one. EVER! You have to outdo the sh1t luck we have endured in that time. The club has failed to do so, cannot be disputed.

Then you're not looking at the big picture Jmac, if as a club you rely on luck then you'll NEVER win one. EVER! You have to outdo the sh1t luck we have endured in that time. The club has failed to do so, cannot be disputed.
We all know the big picture. What would you have us do?

I don’t understand the relevance of looking at things across such a broad time horizon. We’ve been one of the better performed sides over the last couple of decades under Eddies tenure. Im not accepting 2nd place as a destination but it is better than being last or being derailed by a drug scandal.

Serious?

The one flag "dynasty" doesn't cut it to Hawks, Geelong, WC, Richmond, Sydney even.

Youngest premiership side and like typical as this club, got ahead of themselves as they did 1991.
So we come 5th if premierships are the sole measure, not flattering...should have been better but not the catastrophe that everybody is on about here.

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

Bootlicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know the big picture. What would you have us do?

How about run the club to potential in all departments like the premiers of the last 10 years have. Not continually shoot ourselves in the foot. I agree luck is an element but not the be all and end all, further no one but no one can deny luck is rarely on our side.

We have to be better than the 'luck', in the last 10 years we have continually f'd up things in our control.

Fix that sh*t up and then more flags will come, hopefully before those 3 scum clubs do so. But that is not looking likely is it.

How about run the club to potential in all departments like the premiers of the last 10 years have. Not continually shoot ourselves in the foot. I agree luck is an element but not the be all and end all, further no one but no one can deny luck is rarely on our side.

We have to be better than the 'luck', in the last 10 years we have continually f'd up things in our control.

Fix that sh*t up and then more flags will come, hopefully before those 3 scum clubs do so. But that is not looking likely is it.
I meant as a supporter. That all sounds great but there is nothing we can do to make that happen.

I thought Bucks' comments over the past couple of days were outstanding. Finally some honesty & rational explanations. Finally....

This guy is all class, and his only major failings (in this situation) are staying 100% loyal to the club, which has let him & its supporters down during this whole fiasco.

Sometimes tough decisions need to be made, yes, and I personally think he has got his own approach to the situation (under extreme duress, lack of decent leadership above, and poor planning skills) almost spot on.

List management not his responsibility, but he is involved, and after the train wreck that was Ned's interview, he has stepped up, done the club a solid, and saved some face for the club in a messy situation.

Now if anyone wants to say he actually pushed for all of the fat salaries a while back - & then the Beams deal, then I'll take back some of the above. But I dont think he did

Last edited:
Send an email? Ring the club? Won’t make any difference at all.

I think the message so far is loud and clear, a challenging ticket to the administration has been raised. Memberships will likely drop, the noise is getting louder and at some point the club will not be able to ignore it.

Be angry, Be hurt but if you think cancelling memberships is going to help the club go forward then you have no idea. You will just be contributing to the down fall of the club.

You really think that the current administration is helping the club go forward? They have done a good job themselves in the last decade precipitating the race to the bottom.

Is this "if you're not stumping up the cash for a membership then you're not a real supporter of the club" flavoured bullshit still rolling around?

Back in the good old days saying that to someone's face at any one of a number of fine post-game beverage-serving establishments in the vicinity of Victoria Park late late arvo or early evening on a Saturday would have gotten you knocked on your arse before you could even blink.

Personally I couldn't give a s**t whether a punter forks out their hard earned for a membership or not - if you're sporting the black and white and you're riding the highs and lows with the rest of us then that's good enough for me and I'll happily sit down for a beer and a chin wag any time.

Is this "if you're not stumping up the cash for a membership then you're not a real supporter of the club" flavoured bullshit still rolling around?

Back in the good old days saying that to someone's face at any one of a number of fine post-game beverage-serving establishments in the vicinity of Victoria Park late late arvo or early evening on a Saturday would have gotten you knocked on your arse before you could even blink.

Personally I couldn't give a sh*t whether a punter forks out their hard earned for a membership or not - if you're sporting the black and white and you're riding the highs and lows with the rest of us then that's good enough for me and I'll happily sit down for a beer and a chin wag any time.

Then I don’t think you know the good old days of Collingwood pubs as well as you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back